1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

ESPN: Debunking the Dak contract debate

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Nav22, Jun 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cern

cern Well-Known Member

11,340 Messages
    15,662 Likes Received
    Lol. Top dog at boa. They wanted the deal.

2. Cowboy Lover

Cowboy Lover Well-Known Member

1,587 Messages
    804 Likes Received

I think they were given free reign. Burrow, anyway. Just keep him more disciplined and not rogue.

3. CowboyoWales

CowboyoWales Active Member

263 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    ….and the fact that they are having to justify not signing last year.

If effect Dak's going to be paid $33.5m for two years (2019 - $2.02m and 2020 - $31.4).

He's in the region of $33m down before he starts, no wonder France is trying to get every last $.

glimmerman likes this.
  4. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

41,127 Messages
    60,389 Likes Received
    W/L records aside, you can look at the individual stats in games against better teams and against better defenses.

There is no doubt that when you look at Dak's peers, he doesn't play as well in those types of situations. That's just reality.

glimmerman likes this.
  5. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

17,515 Messages
    18,270 Likes Received
    You know how to cure this. Cap it. Cap every position. Look at how it sits now and cap it. Every year when the cap flies up the positions goes up accordingly in percentage.

If your a top ranked QB this is the max you get. If a team doesn’t think you are worth the max then there is a sliding scale. If you don’t like the offer or a team is willing to offer you more than go there or a trade. Nothing changes just a set amount for each position.

Dhragon likes this.
  6. jjktkk

jjktkk Well-Known Member

2,978 Messages
    1,060 Likes Received
    So much this. I think the stat geeks get so wrapped up in the stats, they often forget about actually watching the player, watching the game, etc.

Cowboy Lover likes this.
  7. QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra Well-Known Member

9,610 Messages
    8,748 Likes Received
    I'd love to see those number compared to his peers.

8. glimmerman

17,515 Messages
    18,270 Likes Received
    This is his agents fault. When 33 or 33.5 was in the table last year he should have took it or asked for more guaranteed money and got the deal done. Instead we played 3 lesser teams and THE TEAM won easily and his agent wanted to go back and ask for more. Meanwhile THE TEAM starts losing and JJ decided to not get back to him. This could wind up being a case of a agent getting to greedy and costing his client millions. That D-Law and Elliot stuff ain’t happening no more. You put together a honest deal instead of holding a team hostage with putting off surgery or staying in Cabo and not in TC. Both of which showed up not in shape and cost our team.

CowboyoWales likes this.
  9. Qcard

Qcard Well-Known Member

1,871 Messages
    1,823 Likes Received
    So you are saying Dak's peers (Wentz, Goff & Watson) have played better than Dak has against better teams and better defenses?

Are you staying that as fact or eye test?

Whom do consider Dak's peers?

dreghorn2 and QuincyCarterEra like this.
  10. Nav22

Nav22 Benched

9,395 Messages
    8,865 Likes Received
    Fine with me, but we’re not agents. Dak’s not handing Todd France 3% of his contract just to take Spotrac’s valuation and sign on the dotted line.

Also, reports say that Dak/France want less than 5 years.

11. USArmyVet

USArmyVet Well-Known Member

343 Messages
    679 Likes Received

1-6 again st playoff teams last season and a big fat ZERO come from behind game winning drives

PAPPYDOG likes this.
  12. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

22,820 Messages
    39,084 Likes Received
    Folks, whatever side you are on in the Great Dakbate, there is one irrefutable fact to me and the reason I think he deserves whatever he gets. He bet on himself.

He's got a HC rumored to be on the block, an inexperienced first time OC, a questionable Center, a ? at LG, a TE back after a year off and a RB holding out and he chooses to bet everything on himself with a rumored top 5 QB deal on the table? Who does that?

A man with confidence instilled in him by his biggest fan and supporter who was never surprised when the took over as QB1 and wouldn't give it back. She would not allow her son to sell himself short and that included betting on himself with a huge amount of money on the line.

The difference between what he was offered last season and is being offered this season, it that worth betting? What if he gets an injury like Tua or Alex Smith? Not only did he not protect himself, he initiated contact when a play had to be made.

Forget the damned cap, it's not yours to manage anyway. This is the ultimate bet when you bet on yourself. It will be short lived but Dak Prescott deserves to be the highest paid player in the NFL. That's what happens when you bet it all on yourself and win.

dreghorn2 likes this.
  13. glimmerman

17,515 Messages
    18,270 Likes Received
    I have not seen these stats you speak of. I see the rankings and come from behind stuff.

He is a gamer and pressure don’t seem to get to him. I have seen enough to be ok with him being our QB.

I am not disagreeing with you. He is in line with players taken much higher in the draft that’s already been extended and paid. This whole thing will be over soon. Then what do we talk about. Lol.

14. CouchCoach

22,820 Messages
    39,084 Likes Received
    His asst OC that ended up in CAR was the difference maker for him.

Cowboy Lover likes this.
  15. QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra Well-Known Member

9,610 Messages
    8,748 Likes Received
    Lol sit this one out, you're losing big time AGAIN

dreghorn2 and Nav22 like this.
  16. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

12,033 Messages
    5,164 Likes Received
    that's now how it happened. once season started, even before that....the contract talks stopped....

and it was also probably Stephen going back, not just the agent....

glimmerman likes this.
  17. CouchCoach

22,820 Messages
    39,084 Likes Received
    Lemme ask y'all a question. Do you like watching Prescott play? Other than Mahomes, Jackson and Wilson, I think he's the fun QB to watch play. Romo was fun to watch too but too many times the results were not fun.

Roger was fun to watch, Troy and Danny? Nope, just played QB.

Prescott when he runs like a RB or does that throw across his body moving left with surprising accuracy, those are fun plays to watch. He entertains at that position.

18. CowboysFaninHouston

12,033 Messages
    5,164 Likes Received
    then we should have kept garrett, given how greatly he coached.

sounds like you are putting all the games results on Dak and Dak alone.....nobody else is at fault, but Dak...right?

19. CowboysFaninHouston

12,033 Messages
    5,164 Likes Received
    I don't think anybody is really saying that....its about $35M....the market moves up a bit every year....about 6% or so....and that's about the amount up from wentz and goff.

I think the gist of the article is that he wants a 4 year deal to hit the FA market sooner, when its expected for the cap to jump up greatly with the new TV negotiations.....

20. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,901 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    This is my hope. The current situation is very unfair to non-QBs.

jjktkk and DFWJC like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.