News: ESPN: Eagles' Wentz says stress fracture is still healing

VanJaylon

Reaction score
Didn’t realize godert was a pro bowler and instantly became better than ertz. And y’all moved up 3 spots to take a te we had no interest in lmao.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anythings possible, u could sweep us, but trying to be unbiased, I think the eagles got better thru free agency and the cowboys made mostly lateral moves. Quinn is a definite upgrade, but I think everything else is a wash. Witten at his age is a question, the safety George Iloka is a marginal safety, can Cobb replace Beasleys production, not sure( biggest boom or bust player). The eagles signed Malik Jackson which is an upgrade, traded for Jordan Howard, got desean Jackson back (who agreed is old but still averaged the most yards per reception), vinny curry is back for depth, Sendejo more depth (when healthy is better than Iloka), lj fort is a downgrade from hicks but we also have 3 draft picks before the cowboys have 1. I'm more concerned about the Commanders next year than the cowboys. If Alex smith doesn't get hurt, the skins win the division. And they upgraded this year.

I think most observers would disagree with your assessment of the two teams’ offseason here. Not to mention we swept you, and the teams weren’t starting on an even foothold. I think the Eagles have gotten worse this offseason, for the record. Though you do still have the advantage in the draft with the first round pick that we had last year already.

PhillySpecial

Reaction score
Probably best if you can’t even figure out how to turn it on.

We weren’t interested in Goddert in the 2nd.

I really think the Eagles wanted to get ahead of the Patriots for Goedert. Especially considering they tried to trade Gronkowski and considering his injury history. It just makes sense that the Pats were the team the Eagles wanted to leapfrog. After it came out that Witten was retiring it sure didn't hurt that Dallas was drafting only 1 spot in front of the Patriots.

Nav22

Reaction score
Oh yeah? Well what about that time he beat the crap out of the Cowboys minus Zeke, Tyron and Sean Lee? That’s the real measure of the man.

Can’t count all those Cowboy wins over Wentz, though. Too many injuries for Philly.
Too many injuries for Carson Wentz to win with.

Not too many injuries for Nick Foles though.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really think the Eagles wanted to get ahead of the Patriots for Goedert. Especially considering they tried to trade Gronkowski and considering his injury history. It just makes sense that the Pats were the team the Eagles wanted to leapfrog. After it came out that Witten was retiring it sure didn't hurt that Dallas was drafting only 1 spot in front of the Patriots.

Yep, I think you're right. They were the more likely candidate. We all thought Goddert made a lot of sense for Dallas as it was happening, too. It wasn't until later that it came out that we had a high grade on Connor Williams and that, had he not been there, we'd have probably traded that pick to SEA for Earl Thomas. Good pick for you guys, though. I liked the player.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Oftentimes, stress fractures take longer to heal than clean breaks and it's not that unusual for them to be ongoing problems. At times, some even have to be re-broken for them to heal properly. Not wishing that on him but in any event, it might be interesting to see how this thing develops.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Don't know much about this kind of injury but good lord, his statement certainly shows enough to be concern if I'm an Eagle fan. "Getting there" is not a lot of confidence at all. I suppose he could probably play but at what level. How well can he stand up to hits and sacks? No way in hell their FO isn't concerned about his overall durability. Know it would not have been a popular decision but I would have franchised Foles, giving Wentz one more year to see if he can play 16 injury-free games.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Another reason to be thankful we have a tough and durable qb in dak.

I was just reading your signature. Want to know something crazier than zero that went on to lead NFL offenses? Check this out, Since the Cowboys hired Garrett:

Eagles 2010 QB coach: James Urban, currently QB coach in Baltimore

Eagles 2011-2012 QB coach: Doug Pederson, went on to become OC in KC for 2013-2015, then Philadelphia HC from 2016-present

Eagles 2010-2012 OC: Marty Morningweg, then was NYJ offensive coordinator in 2013-2014, then Baltimore Ravens OC 2017-2018

Eagles 2013 QB coach Bill Lazor: Miami OC 2014-2015, Cincinnati OC 2017-2018

Eagles 2014 QB coach Bill Musgrave: Oakland Raiders OC 2014-2015, Denver Broncos OC 2018

Eagles 2015 QB coach Ryan Day: Ohio State OC 2017-2018, currently OSU head coach, which is nearly as impressive as NFL head coach

Eagles 2013-2015 OC Pat Shurmur: Vikings OC 2017, New York Giants HC 2018-present

Eagles QB coach 2016-2017 John Defilippo: Minnesota Vikings OC 2018, Jacksonville Jaguars OC presently

Eagles 2016-2017 OC Frank Reich: Indianapolis Colts HC 2018-present

Still holding out hope with James Urban, especially with the work he’s done with Lamar Jackson he might get a shot. That would complete the clean sweep.

Scotman

Reaction score
"Wentz first appeared on the team's injury report in October. The stress fracture was discovered in December through a scan. At the time, coach Doug Pederson said it was an injury that could take about three months to heal. It has been four months since those comments."
But are there any pictures of him wearing an AFO?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Eagles' Wentz says stress fracture is still healing

i

Carson Wentz says he's not fully recovered from a stress fracture in his back, but still expects to take part in OTAs when they begin in May.

Read Full Story

That's stressful eh captain Zit Wincer

kevinhickey

Reaction score
At the rate he’s going, this guy’s gonna be as banged-up and brittle as was 36yo Tony Romo...except in Wentz’s case, it’ll happen before he turns 30.
He will be gone from the league before his 30th Birthday. Fracture in the lower back are very serious and to face the pounding from the QB position is not going away.