News: ESPN: Eagles' Wentz says stress fracture is still healing

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Them giving up on Foles is the best thing that could have happened in the NFC. I don't see a guy who 'brings it' in the 4th quarter of important games. He's missed playoffs with a pretty solid roster two out of three seasons.

Like Dak, though, he's not a finished product yet. Coming from North Dakota State, in some ways his learning curve should be even greater than Dak's. Now, I don't wish injury upon any player, but since he plays for Philly, I hope that he is unable to improve his game (at least while he's there), but I don't think we can count him out yet.

If he can't get it done this year, though, I think the Eagles will be forced to consider what to do next, and probably regret letting Foles go.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Eagles' Wentz says stress fracture is still healing

i

Carson Wentz says he's not fully recovered from a stress fracture in his back, but still expects to take part in OTAs when they begin in May.

Read Full Story

Tony Romo 2.0

Sorry eaglets, it's your turn.

Dlaw will be cliff avril this time.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I was just reading your signature. Want to know something crazier than zero that went on to lead NFL offenses? Check this out, Since the Cowboys hired Garrett:

Eagles 2010 QB coach: James Urban, currently QB coach in Baltimore

Eagles 2011-2012 QB coach: Doug Pederson, went on to become OC in KC for 2013-2015, then Philadelphia HC from 2016-present

Eagles 2010-2012 OC: Marty Morningweg, then was NYJ offensive coordinator in 2013-2014, then Baltimore Ravens OC 2017-2018

Eagles 2013 QB coach Bill Lazor: Miami OC 2014-2015, Cincinnati OC 2017-2018

Eagles 2014 QB coach Bill Musgrave: Oakland Raiders OC 2014-2015, Denver Broncos OC 2018

Eagles 2015 QB coach Ryan Day: Ohio State OC 2017-2018, currently OSU head coach, which is nearly as impressive as NFL head coach

Eagles 2013-2015 OC Pat Shurmur: Vikings OC 2017, New York Giants HC 2018-present

Eagles QB coach 2016-2017 John Defilippo: Minnesota Vikings OC 2018, Jacksonville Jaguars OC presently

Eagles 2016-2017 OC Frank Reich: Indianapolis Colts HC 2018-present

Still holding out hope with James Urban, especially with the work he’s done with Lamar Jackson he might get a shot. That would complete the clean sweep.
Nice work. Yah Garrett is a joke. And it’s not like our offense hasn’t had some good years. Still no one is impressed.

lukin2006

Reaction score
After those losers cheered the playmaker on the turf, maybe this is Karma...I doubt he will last 10 years in that league...and he'd be out of the league if he played when Aikman played...

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Well, The team we have now would probably make the super bowl with Tony Romo at the helm, so I’ll take it
Hey Lion.

So if he gets hurt again, say he has the same injury issue with his back....does Philly start looking for another starting qb? The Cowboys were in the same scenario with Tony and stumbled onto Dak.

Just curious what an Eagles fan has to say. If Wentz gets injured again, the FO has to start to ask themselves, "is it time to start looking"?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Hey Lion.

So if he gets hurt again, say he has the same injury issue with his back....does Philly start looking for another starting qb? The Cowboys were in the same scenario with Tony and stumbled onto Dak.

Just curious what an Eagles fan has to say. If Wentz gets injured again, the FO has to start to ask themselves, "is it time to start looking"?

Nate Sudfeld is the reason we let Foles walk. Pederson loves him, and in real games he was 20-25 for us, he can sling it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eagles fans are acting like this isn't that big of a deal but frankly, if this were our QB, I'd be nervous as hell.

I honestly think that all three teams - Rams, Eagles, and Cowboys - are facing crossroad decisions on their quarterbacks, and whether or not to lock in for big-money long-term.

For the Eagles in particular, Wentz, and by extension the Eagles franchise are facing tremendous pressure, arguably more than any other quarterback in the league. The guy that won you the Super Bowl and saved your 2018 season is now gone. And now you're hoping that Wentz can stay healthy and win over a split locker room.

If Wentz gets hurt again or struggles, I have to wonder if Philadelphia extends him or looks for alternatives.

John813

Reaction score
That's too bad. I dislike the eagles and all, but that man can't catch a break injury wise.
It would be one thing if the guys was unlikable like Vick or Leaf.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how Wentz fairs. I think he has more talent than Foles but his team did not seem to respond to him as well as they did with Foles. In starts that Wentz made his team went 5-6 under Foles they went 4-1 in the regular season.