Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
December 12, 2008 4:48 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

New York Giants (11-2) at Dallas Cowboys (8-5), 8:15 p.m. ET
nyg.gif
dal.gif

Could someone remind me what the Giants' controversy was all about? With the drama at Valley Ranch, it's hard to remember. When I talked to Giants defensive end Justin Tuck about the Cowboys' story, he had a long laugh. Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens has now come out and said he's not jealous of the Tony Romo-Jason Witten relationship, as was reported by ESPN's Ed Werder. But since we actually have a game occurring Sunday, let's talk about it a little bit.

The Cowboys like some of their matchups against the Giants' receivers. You'll see a lot more man-to-man coverage now that Plaxico Burress isn't playing. Terence Newman will probably cover Domenik Hixon. And look for rookie Orlando Scandrick to end up on Steve Smith quite a bit.

Now we know that running back Brandon Jacobs has been ruled out of Sunday's game and he'll be replaced by Derrick Ward. The Cowboys will still crowd the line of scrimmage to stop the run, but Jacobs is a big loss. It's looking like Marion Barber will try to play now that he's been called out by owner Jerry Jones.

Back to the current controversy at Valley Ranch, coach Wade Phillips ordered his players not to talk about the "secret meeting" that took place between three receivers and Jason Garrett on Monday. He wants them focused on Sunday's game, which seems like a good idea.

The Giants were embarrassed by their performance against the Eagles. They were beaten up at the line of scrimmage. The defensive line isn't producing sacks right now, but defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo has decided to go back to some of the blitz packages that were working earlier in the season.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jobberone;2487011 said:
This is going to be a pretty good game. Dallas 38 NYG 23
I think 27-23 Dallas...maybe even higher. For some reason, both defenses tend to disappear when they play one another.

JPM

Reaction score
Hold on a sec, there's a game this weekend ?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JPM;2487041 said:
Hold on a sec, there's a game this weekend ?
Yeah. You didn't know? It's supposed to come on Sunday night about 7p cdt.

JPM

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2487048 said:
Yeah. You didn't know? It's supposed to come on Sunday night about 7p cdt.
Whew, thanks for the heads up WG..