WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting Cowboys nugget from Mort
October 10, 2008 5:25 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
Just spent a few minutes on the phone with ESPN's Chris Mortensen, who shared an interesting Felix Jones nugget. Mortensen is very familiar with all things Felix because his son plays quarterback for the University of Arkansas.

Mort said that the Cardinals almost took Jones with the No. 16 pick overall before deciding to take Tennessee State cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. The two players will square off Sunday in Glendale, Ariz.

Rodgers-Cromartie is currently the nickel corner for the Cardinals. It looks like former Eagles cornerback Rod Hood will be matched up with Terrell Owens for most of the game. And I'm sure he'll take a page out the Commanders game plan and jam T.O. at the line of scrimmage. I'm anxious to see how that works out.

Chris Mortensen, Felix Jones, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Rod Hood
Read comments or leave a comment

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yeah, Mort was talking about that on GAC. He said the Cards came *very* close to taking Felix at 16.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
and from I saw from Cromartie the couple times I watched Arizona, I bet they wished they would have taken Jones

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2325478 said:
Mort said that the Cardinals almost took Jones with the No. 16 pick overall before deciding to take Tennessee State cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.
This little tidbit will rock DaBoys4Life's world. :eek: Just kidding DB4L. ;)

lack of big plays

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
dbair1967;2325671 said:
and from I saw from Cromartie the couple times I watched Arizona, I bet they wished they would have taken Jones

Its early though. It takes corners a while to get up to speed in the nfl. I think anyway.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Too early to say who is going to be the best picks of the first round. The early returns are certainly in our favor though. I'm looking forward to see how much more FJ can take on. Isn't he supposed to be pretty smart?

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
jobberone;2325689 said:
Too early to say who is going to be the best picks of the first round. The early returns are certainly in our favor though. I'm looking forward to see how much more FJ can take on. Isn't he supposed to be pretty smart?

Once his pass blocking improves, I bet we see a 50/50 split in playing time for Barber and Jones.....

They are both at their best when splitting time, imo, and they have the perfect team attitude when it comes to sharing.

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
dbair1967;2325671 said:

Cromartie didn't go to Arizona, it was the guy San Diego picked up who's name escapes me right now...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2325725 said:
Once his pass blocking improves, I bet we see a 50/50 split in playing time for Barber and Jones.....

They are both at their best when splitting time, imo, and they have the perfect team attitude when it comes to sharing.

The perfect Mr. Inside and Mr. Outside. Doc Blanchard rest easy though. You're the original.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Mr. (not Jerry) Jones;2325727 said:
Cromartie didn't go to Arizona, it was the guy San Diego picked up who's name escapes me right now...

It was Rodgers-Cromartie.....it's the SD players cousin. Cason went to San Diego.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mr. (not Jerry) Jones;2325727 said:
Rodgers-Cromartie went to AZ.

Cason went to SD. I've actually heard some good things about him.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2325739 said:
I think it was cromartie.....it's the SD players cousin. Or was it Cason that they drafted?

I think it was Cromartie if you're talking about the Cards.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
jobberone;2325762 said:
I think it was Cromartie if you're talking about the Cards.

Yeah, I fixed my post, Rodgers Cromartie went to AZ, Cason went to SD, and I'm glad we got Jones. :D

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2325767 said:
Yeah, I fixed my post, Rodgers Cromartie went to AZ, Cason went to SD, and I'm glad we got Jones. :D

Yep. He's a keeper. I keep hoping they run him inside more and look for him on some long routes where he should excel.

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
I was thinking of colleges they went to. Being from Tucson when I hear "Arizona" I think of the U of A, not the Cardinals, so I thought of Cason who was a U of A kid who ended up in San Diego

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
that was more like a chip, not quit a nugget.................