WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Pacman contingency plan
October 9, 2008 12:11 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

As of late last night, Cowboys coaches were preparing as if Adam "Pacman" Jones would play against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday. In case you've been hiding under a rock for the past 24 hours, Jones was involved in a little dust-up at a trendy hotel in downtown Dallas early Wednesday morning.

From what I'm told, the coaches are assuming that owner Jerry Jones was able to smooth things over with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, who just happened to be in town for a visit. But at this point, I'm not sure that's a safe assumption.

Here's the contingency plan if Jones misses Sunday's game: Anthony Henry will start at one corner and rookie Mike Jenkins will start at the other. Rookie Orlando Scandrick will replace the injured Terence Newman in the nickel.

The Cowboys know that Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley will spread them out with three and four-receiver sets. Oh, and don't forget that Courtney Brown and Keith Davis will see a lot of time at safety because of injuries to Roy Williams and Pat Watkins.

This is a recipe for disaster against a dangerous offensive team. Kurt Warner is great at releasing the ball after a three-step drop. I think the Cowboys will play some man coverage in an attempt to force Warner to hold the ball a little longer. That would give DeMarcus Ware and Greg Ellis an extra second to get to Warner.

OK, I have to meet Ed Werder and his TV truck at Valley Ranch in 20 minutes. For those of you waiting on the Chris Samuels interview, I've moved it back to later this afternoon. Thanks for your patience.

Pacman Jones, Greg Ellis, DeMarcus Ware, Ed Werder, Chris Samuels, Todd Haley, Keith Davis, Courntney Brown

Read comments or leave a comment

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
hmmm, and now we have to wait for the consequences if there are any.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2321103 said:
October 9, 2008 12:11 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

As of late last night, Cowboys coaches were preparing as if Adam "Pacman" Jones would play against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday. In case you've been hiding under a rock for the past 24 hours, Jones was involved in a little dust-up at a trendy hotel in downtown Dallas early Wednesday morning.

From what I'm told, the coaches are assuming that owner Jerry Jones was able to smooth things over with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, who just happened to be in town for a visit. But at this point, I'm not sure that's a safe assumption.

Here's the contingency plan if Jones misses Sunday's game: Anthony Henry will start at one corner and rookie Mike Jenkins will start at the other. Rookie Orlando Scandrick will replace the injured Terence Newman in the nickel.

The Cowboys know that Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley will spread them out with three and four-receiver sets. Oh, and don't forget that Courtney Brown and Keith Davis will see a lot of time at safety because of injuries to Roy Williams and Pat Watkins.

This is a recipe for disaster against a dangerous offensive team. Kurt Warner is great at releasing the ball after a three-step drop. I think the Cowboys will play some man coverage in an attempt to force Warner to hold the ball a little longer. That would give DeMarcus Ware and Greg Ellis an extra second to get to Warner.

OK, I have to meet Ed Werder and his TV truck at Valley Ranch in 20 minutes. For those of you waiting on the Chris Samuels interview, I've moved it back to later this afternoon. Thanks for your patience.

Pacman Jones, Greg Ellis, DeMarcus Ware, Ed Werder, Chris Samuels, Todd Haley, Keith Davis, Courntney Brown

how can he get in trouble with the league when he is not in legal trouble?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Its great to see Mosley towing the ESPN company line.

WTG!!

God I hate that rag :espn:

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2321103 said:
In case you've been hiding under a rock for the past 24 hours, Jones was involved in a little dust-up at a trendy hotel in downtown Dallas early Wednesday morning.

If only it were that simple.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Dallas;2321189 said:
Its great to see Mosley towing the ESPN company line.

WTG!!

God I hate that rag :espn:

What?

Huh?

He talks about how Dallas is preparing as though they will have Pacman and somehow that is ripping on the team? Any chance you cold be looking for something that's not there? All in an effort to use your nifty little picture you got there?

Oh and by the way, there is no tow-truck involved in this story...

Hoofbite

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2321103 said:

I think the Cowboys will play some man coverage in an attempt to force Warner to hold the ball a little longer. That would give DeMarcus Ware and Greg Ellis an extra second to get to Warner.

It only takes the possible loss of 2 of the 3 best CBs and the loss of the starting SS and his backup to get the team to go man coverage.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2321159 said:
how can he get in trouble with the league when he is not in legal trouble?

League personal conduct issue, my friend. Especially as it's Adam and all.........

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The team should consider suspending Pacman, regardless of what the league does. Bad time to lose Newman.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I can't believe Jerry's not canning the jerk. What the hell is he doing partying the night before early morning preparation for Sunday's game? It's unfathomable to me that the team has determined Jones has done nothing wrong, regardless of what went on. Sure makes Jerry and the Cowboys look bad. Pacman obviously isn't putting the team first--by ANY stretch.

hockix

Reaction score
VACowboy;2321707 said:
I can't believe Jerry's not canning the jerk. What the hell is he doing partying the night before early morning preparation for Sunday's game? It's unfathomable to me that the team has determined Jones has done nothing wrong, regardless of what went on. Sure makes Jerry and the Cowboys look bad. Pacman obviously isn't putting the team first--by ANY stretch.

A man in his situation not intelligent enough to stay out of party and else? :bang2:

Some have all the chances in life and don't even realize it.
It is hard to believe someone can be so stupid.

VACowboy

Reaction score
hockix;2321731 said:
A man in his situation not intelligent enough to stay out of party and else? :bang2:

Some have all the chances in life and don't even realize it.
It is hard to believe someone can be so stupid.

Actually, I'm not surprised that Pacman Jones is in trouble again. What blows me away is that the team is turning the other cheek. I think they need to release the jerk, suspend him a couple games at the VERY least. Getting in a fight is the secondary issue, IMHO. Being at a party late at night when he knew he had a team meeting to attend, what, six hours later? He certainly doesn't value his team mates and he certainly doesn't mind crapping on the guy who stuck his neck way out to give Pacman a chance.

MONT17

Reaction score
"This is the best u can come up with? U mean to tell me these 8 boys scouts r the worlds hope" Harry Stamper is our back up plan!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
It was simply a disagreement with what is essentially someone he buddies around with. It is going to prove to be a bunch of nothing, IMO.

hockix

Reaction score
AsthmaField;2321921 said:
It was simply a disagreement with what is essentially someone he buddies around with. It is going to prove to be a bunch of nothing, IMO.

C'mon, you disagree hard enough with your buddies that the cops have to come?

I don't want to be your buddy... ;) :lmao2: