News: ESPN: QB Aaron Rodgers not at Green Bay Packers OTAs

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This is what the Washington Football Team achieved in 2020:

Won a single game more than a Cowboys team starting four different quarterbacks and owning a historically bad defense; with one of those wins a giveaway by the Eagles in the finale. This made WFT 7-9 playing in one of the worst single season divisions of the Super Bowl era.

WFT is being vastly overrated. Getting Rodgers would change my opinion obviously, but I just don't see a good team there right now.

Qcard

Reaction score
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Aaron Rodgers was not among the group of players who reported to Lambeau Field on Monday for the start of organized team activities, a source told ESPN.

That came as no surprise to the team given that Rodgers did not participate in Phase One, which the Packers held virtually for the previous four weeks, or Phase Two, which was held in person last week.

Phase Three, which includes 10 total days of work spread out over four weeks, began Monday. The first session open to reporters is Tuesday.

The entire offseason program, excluding the June 8-10 mandatory minicamp, is voluntary. However, Rodgers is one of 19 Packers' players with an offseason workout bonus. He already has missed enough to disqualify him from cashing his $500,000 bonus.

It's another sign that nothing has changed in the standoff between the Packers and Rodgers, who has told some in the organization that he does want to play here again after spending the first 16 years of his NFL career in Green Bay.

The Packers have maintained that they have no desire to trade Rodgers and want him to return for "2021 and beyond," as Packers president Mark Murphy put it.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31503685/source-qb-aaron-rodgers-not-green-bay-packers-otas
Aaron Rodgers will run onto the practice field June 8th complete a 25 yard out from the opposite hash....all will be forgotten

Mannix

Reaction score
------I would give them "The Nooch" and a 7th

I'd give the Pack Jaclyn Smith and the rights to Norm Granger's grandson.

JayFord

Reaction score
I mean you could get a fortune if you traded him bit all in all i doubt they trade Rodgers

but you do have Jordan Love who you drafted in the first round to be the eventual Franchise QB so if you do trade Rodgers you could surround Love with multiple pieces to make his job much easier

clff15701

Reaction score
The media keeps acting like Rogers has a play here. The packers have him locked up for three years and have him dead to rights. They could tell him to play or retire. Call his bluff. The GM runs the team not Rogers.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The media keeps acting like Rogers has a play here. The packers have him locked up for three years and have him dead to rights. They could tell him to play or retire. Call his bluff. The GM runs the team not Rogers.

And if Rodgers says “trade me by week 1 or I’m going to formally retire and pursue other ventures”?

You let him retire, throw away multiple 1st round picks and become a cautionary tale of how to handle disgruntled players

Doomsday101

Reaction score

True but how does in benefit GB should Rodgers retire or sits out? Money wise Rodgers is set for life. Giving him the trade at the least will bring in 2 to 3 1st rd picks and likely more.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Exactly.........pretty sure Rodgers asked the same question. Just me, but I think he's done with them. When you consider the presence of Love AND he wants a new deal, this is messy.

Side note: I know the Raiders and Broncos are mentioned as possible landing spots but don't sleep on the WFT. They have all the ammo and I just read that Synder wants a new stadium by 2027. The scary thing is we know they're only a major upgrade at that position from being a serious contender.
WFT has been moving contracts and freeing up cap lately.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What the hell does that even mean, the culture? What's the philosophy in GB?

This is a guy that is supposedly estranged from his entire family, who does that? Why does he want to get back to the west coast? He and his girlfriend at the time, Danica Patrick, drop 25M on a Malibu pad and then call it splits?

I wish he would hang it up, I am sick of the posing and closeups of him in games. Do these people really need these closeups? The Fox cameraman has a love affair going with Rodgers' face like Madden had with Favre's name. I created a drinking game with Madden and Favre's name and after one late Sunday game, we were all in rehab.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
What the hell does that even mean, the culture? What's the philosophy in GB?

This is a guy that is supposedly estranged from his entire family, who does that? Why does he want to get back to the west coast? He and his girlfriend at the time, Danica Patrick, drop 25M on a Malibu pad and then call it splits?

I wish he would hang it up, I am sick of the posing and closeups of him in games. Do these people really need these closeups? The Fox cameraman has a love affair going with Rodgers' face like Madden had with Favre's name. I created a drinking game with Madden and Favre's name and after one late Sunday game, we were all in rehab.

All this may be true, but he's STILL a hell of QB. In fact, he's one of only 3 QBs ( Mahomes and Wilson ) I'd take over Dak in a heartbeat.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
And if Rodgers says “trade me by week 1 or I’m going to formally retire and pursue other ventures”?

You let him retire, throw away multiple 1st round picks and become a cautionary tale of how to handle disgruntled players

If Rodgers were to retire, he would lose $44M. He isn’t retiring. Easy to call his bluff. Jeopardy don’t pay 44 large. GB owns him for 3 years. Rodgers signed the contract.

Don’t play and lose $44M. GB still has your rights. Same thing next year. Rinse and repeat.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
If Rodgers were to retire, he would lose $44M. He isn’t retiring. Easy to call his bluff. Jeopardy don’t pay 44 large. GB owns him for 3 years. Rodgers signed the contract.

Don’t play and lose $44M. GB still has your rights. Same thing next year. Rinse and repeat.

And how much does GB lose if their franchise player isnt around Anymore. 44m$ seems like a lot but it’s value is determined by a guy worth hundreds of millions. If he hates it in GB he doesn’t need the money

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
And how much does GB lose if their franchise player isnt around Anymore. 44m$ seems like a lot but it’s value is determined by a guy worth hundreds of millions. If he hates it in GB he doesn’t need the money

Tickets are already sold. Doesn’t matter who is at QB, the GB fans will be at the stadium. Little else to do in GB.