News: ESPN: Sidelined McCarthy lauds Cowboys' 'adversity win'

Carson

Reaction score
Not sure this should qualify as an adversity win. I mean, the Saints "QB" could barely throw 10 yards downfield.
On the road, in one of the top two toughest places to win, Sean Peyton, a desperate team fighting for their playoff life.

Don’t kid yourself. They have an elite defense. The only reason they surrendered so much to Philly and Buffalo was their offense couldn’t do crap with Siemian. Hill gave them rest and didn’t keep them on the field for 45 minutes

Haimerej

Reaction score
On the road, in one of the top two toughest places to win, Sean Peyton, a desperate team fighting for their playoff life.

Don’t kid yourself. They have an elite defense. The only reason they surrendered so much to Philly and Buffalo was their offense couldn’t do crap with Siemian

Yeah, their defense is good. But I was talking about their offense. Looked like one of the military academy's out there.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, their defense is good. But I was talking about their offense. Looked like one of the military academy's out there.

That was like a preseason game for Hill, that did not have their top WR or RB or OL in the game. He will get better.
But it was what we needed. Take the win no matter what, that is a tough environment to play at.
I will enjoy this win for the next week.

But time to get better over the next 10 days. We will need it.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
That was like a preseason game for Hill, that did not have their top WR or RB or OL in the game. He will get better.
But it was what we needed. Take the win no matter what, that is a tough environment to play at.
I will enjoy this win for the next week.

But time to get better over the next 10 days. We will need it.
With so many key players missing on the saints side, they still gave us fits.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I'm not sure some fans realize how hard it is to win in this league, especially this time of the year.

All we've heard for weeks is how a few injuries have killed our team. The Saints are using their Wildcat QB and are missing even more guys. But we should feel good because our walk around HC couldn't be there?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Not sure this should qualify as an adversity win. I mean, the Saints "QB" could barely throw 10 yards downfield.

Not exactly true…. Despite having a splint on his finger, Hill was able to hit in the passing game on a few big throws.

The NO offense put up over 400 yards on us. The turnovers saved our bacon— and Hill fell apart in the second half— but he played ok for 3 quarters.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
All we've heard for weeks is how a few injuries have killed our team. The Saints are using their Wildcat QB and are missing even more guys. But we should feel good because our walk around HC couldn't be there?

We won! Every week is different......(lol)

Haimerej

Reaction score
Not exactly true…. Despite having a splint on his finger, Hill was able to hit in the passing game on a few big throws.

The NO offense put up over 400 yards on us. The turnovers saved our bacon— and Hill fell apart in the second half— but he played ok for 3 quarters.

Granted, I was being hyperbolic. But their general ineptitude kept them at 10 points for most the game. As was said earlier, there were plays they could've made.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With so many key players missing on the saints side, they still gave us fits.

Yes they did. That seems to happen to this team a lot over the years.
The difference is. This time they pulled out a win, instead of finding a way too lose.
They have several games like that this year. So things are changing for the better from that viewpoint.

As said that is a tough place to play.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

On the road, against one of the best coaches in the NFL and in one of the toughest places to play in the NFL, made this an adversity win. There were even some pundits and analysts on the morning shows who picked the Cowboys to lose this game I believe.