Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Source: Cowboys determine Pacman scuffle didn't break rules

By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: October 9, 2008

An internal investigation by the Dallas Cowboys into Adam "Pacman" Jones' latest incident concludes that he was not in violation of his contract, or the understanding about conduct he had with owner Jerry Jones, a high-ranking team official said.

The team plans no disciplinary action, the source said.
An independent investigation by NFL security is underway but has not yet presented a report to commissioner Roger Goodell.
According to an investigation conducted by team security, the team official said Jones did get into a brief scuffle with the bodyguard that was assigned to the defensive back for a private event Tuesday night at a Dallas hotel.
The bodyguard, an off-duty policeman who is part of a security detail assigned to Jones, told team security that some "kidding around" and "playfulness" between himself and the player resulted in a brief scuffle in a restroom. A vanity mirror suffered minor damage.
The incident happened shortly after 11 p.m.

A team official said the incident happened shortly happened after 11 p.m., although it has been reported that police were not called until 1:30 a.m.

Police determined that the incident did not merit any charges. Jones and his bodyguard, along with Jones' girlfriend and cousin, left the event together before midnight.
The head of security for the Cowboys delivered his findings to Jerry Jones, whom sources say is content that the incident has been overblown. However, the owner has reminded Pacman that his reputation and prior incidents place him under the highest scrutiny.
The NFL had no comment as of Thursday morning.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Mort just reported on espn that the Cowboys don't plan to discipline pacman for the incident. so everything sounds good as long as Goodell isn't in the mood to abuse his power some more.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
This is the most ridculous thing I have ever heard...

Did anyone throw a punch? By ALL accounts no.

Did anyone get hurt? No.

Did he do anything illegal? No.

Can we move on now?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Coakleys Dad;2321357 said:
Source: Cowboys determine Pacman scuffle didn't break rules

By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: October 9, 2008

An internal investigation by the Dallas Cowboys into Adam "Pacman" Jones' latest incident concludes that he was not in violation of his contract, or the understanding about conduct he had with owner Jerry Jones, a high-ranking team official said.

The team plans no disciplinary action, the source said.
An independent investigation by NFL security is underway but has not yet presented a report to commissioner Roger Goodell.
According to an investigation conducted by team security, the team official said Jones did get into a brief scuffle with the bodyguard that was assigned to the defensive back for a private event Tuesday night at a Dallas hotel.
The bodyguard, an off-duty policeman who is part of a security detail assigned to Jones, told team security that some "kidding around" and "playfulness" between himself and the player resulted in a brief scuffle in a restroom. A vanity mirror suffered minor damage.
The incident happened shortly after 11 p.m.

A team official said the incident happened shortly happened after 11 p.m., although it has been reported that police were not called until 1:30 a.m.

Police determined that the incident did not merit any charges. Jones and his bodyguard, along with Jones' girlfriend and cousin, left the event together before midnight.
The head of security for the Cowboys delivered his findings to Jerry Jones, whom sources say is content that the incident has been overblown. However, the owner has reminded Pacman that his reputation and prior incidents place him under the highest scrutiny.
The NFL had no comment as of Thursday morning.

This is the strangest thing about this whole hoopla-it happens at 11pm, but the police aren't called in until almost 3 hours later??

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
hmmmmmmmm sounds interesting, were they playin and Adam Jones took something seriously, could be or could not be, I wonder if we will ever find out what really happen.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Boysboy;2321376 said:
This is the strangest thing about this whole hoopla-it happens at 11pm, but the police aren't called in until almost 3 hours later??

HMMMMM

I doubt we'll have many of the BSPN reporters post much in rebuttal to this thread. So typical.

Coy

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2321370 said:
This is the most ridculous thing I have ever heard...

Did anyone throw a punch? By ALL accounts no.

Did anyone get hurt? No.

Did he do anything illegal? No.

Can we move on now?

This are the Cowboys, everything is blown out of proportion.

jack2

Reaction score
Sorry to say, that this guy is bad news, we should say goodbye and move on, he has not proved so far to be that great a player, so no need to tolerate his dumb behavior!

1fisher

Reaction score
Pacman paid the guard to keep his mouth shut! :jackpot:

Reaction score
We have all done it before....

Horsing around turns into physical confrontations with pride and ladies on the line.....

A non issue and hopefully this ends it.

coogrfan

Reaction score
So the Cowboys front office has determined that a player we desperately need hasn't broken any rules?

I'm shocked. SHOCKED! ;)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
It's not that this incident itself is a major deal. It's really not. It's a situation that probably happens daily among buddies and what not. However given this guys history, fair or not, he's going to be held to a different standard than most. With his history of public issues even the smallest things, like this is appearing more and more to be, are going to be blown up into much bigger deals because of how much he's gotten himself in trouble.

He really has no one to blame but himself for things like that. If he'd stayed out of the trouble he always got himself into before then he wouldn't have this kind of scrutiny around everything he does.

suspenceman

Jerry's kid
Reaction score
Boysboy;2321376 said:

Ha, funny you mention that, being that i live in the DFdub...i know that is nothing uncommon for the Dallas PD, average response time is OVER 2 hours. A teacher at one of my junior colleges in dallas got his car stolen in the college parking lot...it took three hours for one cop to show up. The police in Dallas are corrupt, but on the other hand...if i was a Dallas cop, i might not wanna show up that instant either, cause you'd prolly get shot!

If they had moved the Boys back to the Cotton Bowl..you are talking about some SKETCHY people hanging around your cars

carry on with the plan of the day :shoot2: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/images/smilies/shoot_2.gif

juck

Reaction score
Jerry is da man with the largest BROOM in the world.lol.Plus it wasnt a big deal anyway.Now Pac make up for this distraction with a pick 6 Sunday.:laugh2: