ESPN: Source: Cowboys determine Pacman scuffle didn't break rules

MarkP88

Reaction score
<<We have all done it before....

Horsing around turns into physical confrontations with pride and ladies on the line.....>>

Yeah, but in the bathroom?

Reaction score
MarkP88;2321494 said:
Yeah, but in the bathroom?

Maybe they both went to take a leak and then the off duty officer/bodyguard said something about Pacman's package and he got offended...

Its really all just speculation..

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
REPORT: COWBOYS WON&#8217;T DISCIPLINE PACMAN
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 9, 2008, 1:51 p.m.

If Cowboys cornerback Adam &#8220;Pacman&#8221; Jones is going to be fined or suspended for his alleged altercation with a bodyguard, the discipline will apparently have to come from the league.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN is reporting that the Cowboys will not discipline Jones.

Citing an unnamed &#8220;high-ranking team official,&#8221; Mortensen reports that the Cowboys conducted an internal investigation and concluded that Jones did not violate his contract or his agreement with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones about how he&#8217;ll conduct himself. Mortensen also reports that Jerry Jones thinks the incident has been overblown.

That would seem to contradict what ESPN&#8217;s Ed Werder said on ESPN Radio this morning; Werder described Jerry Jones as &#8220;furious.&#8221; It would also seem to be an awfully quick internal investigation.

Mortensen does report, however, that the team&#8217;s investigation concluded that Jones did get into a &#8220;brief scuffle&#8221; with the bodyguard, who is an off-duty police officer assigned to Jones by the team. So apparently there&#8217;s nothing in Pacman&#8217;s agreement with Jerry that says he&#8217;s not allowed to have &#8220;brief scuffles&#8221; with cops.

None of this means that the NFL won&#8217;t discipline Pacman, who is on thin ice with Commissioner Roger Goodell. But as far as the Cowboys are concerned, there&#8217;s nothing to see here.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2321515 said:
Citing an unnamed “high-ranking team official,” Mortensen reports that the Cowboys conducted an internal investigation and concluded that Jones did not violate his contract or his agreement with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones about how he’ll conduct himself. Mortensen also reports that Jerry Jones thinks the incident has been overblown.
LMAO. Of course he does.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Jeff Pearlman will put this in his 2015 book about the 2008 Super Bowl champs, the Dallas Cowboys.

Nidan

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2321370 said:
This is the most ridculous thing I have ever heard...

Did anyone throw a punch? By ALL accounts no.

Did anyone get hurt? No.

Did he do anything illegal? No.

Can we move on now?

Did he violate his team curfew ? Yes

But no surprises here, business as usual for the Cowboys

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Coakleys Dad;2321357 said:
Jones and his bodyguard, along with Jones' girlfriend and cousin, left the event together before midnight.

Is this the same person?

Perfect place for a West Virginia joke. :D

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Ah yes, the ubiquitous "horseplay". It's like August 1998 all over again.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
Looks like PacMan is going to get out of this one, but it's only a matter of time until he screws up.

I'm a PacMan fan, but it's true.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FWST Blog

Nothing More Today From the NFL

NFL spokesperson Greg Aiello said in an e-mail there will be nothing else coming from the league today regarding Adam Jones.

That means not to expect a decision regarding any disciplinary action taken against Jones today.

- Mac Engel

Posted at 01:54 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

tunahelper

Reaction score
Aint nothing going to happen. All the parties have to say is we were playin and no trouble can be made.

hockix

Reaction score
tunahelper;2321730 said:
Aint nothing going to happen. All the parties have to say is we were playin and no trouble can be made.

Do the cops comes to you when you are playin?

They may succeed to let Pac play, but he is still really st..:bang2: to do those things...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I feel bad for Wade today. He's getting interrogated at the PC about this, and it wasn't even his doing. Jerry should be up there answering for the mess HE'S made.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab;2321757 said:
I feel bad for Wade today. He's getting interrogated at the PC about this, and it wasn't even his doing. Jerry should be up there answering for the mess HE'S made.
Yeah I'm watching it on NFL Network...

He said Jerry is supposed to hold a PC.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The team plans no disciplinary action, the source said.
An independent investigation by NFL security is underway but has not yet presented a report to commissioner Roger Goodell.
According to an investigation conducted by team security, the team official said Jones did get into a brief scuffle with the bodyguard that was assigned to the defensive back for a private event Tuesday night at a Dallas hotel.
The bodyguard, an off-duty policeman who is part of a security detail assigned to Jones, told team security that some "kidding around" and "playfulness" between himself and the player resulted in a brief scuffle in a restroom. A vanity mirror suffered minor damage.
The incident happened shortly after 11 p.m.

Seems like real estate sales on Mars just went through the roof.

Bodyguard Tom Jones' kids are going to have a very plentiful Christmas. :D

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2321761 said:
Yeah I'm watching it on NFL Network...

He said Jerry is supposed to hold a PC.

Somehow I doubt that happens. Or if it does, it'll be nothing but total BS.