ESPN: Source: Lions QB Matthew Stafford out with broken bones in back

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure Marinelli & Richards will now sit back in a zone and let the back-up QB pick us apart.

InTheZone

Reaction score
So we get a free win over the Lions? If we struggle in a L to them we might as well play our starting oline with backups elsewhere on offense and play all the backups on defense for the rest of the season

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
That's certainly a break for Detroit. They may win more than 3 games now.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Really? Have you ever had a back issue that resolved itself completely in a week?

We don't get around the clock treatment of every conceivable type. And we're likely not in "football shape" like Stafford. And it doesn't have to resolve "completely" in a week to play, NFL players are tough as nails, they're used to playing with pain.

Thing is the transverse process is a bone in your back, and it can have a fracture and not affect your mobility, etc, though it is painful. I had one, got thrown off a horse years ago. Spent a night in the hospital for observation, was back to normal in two weeks, with nothing but mild pain meds.

Probably other bones in your back that are similar, as well.

Or the Lions could be saying "week to week" just to keep teams from studying up so much on his backup.

I would count on him playing against us, might rest him this week since their season is pretty well shot already, one more loss won't mean a lot if they can beat the Dallas Cowboys!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It would be weird for him to prioritize dallas over a division game. I think he misses next week too

The Lions are 3 1/2 games out of first in their division. 0-3 in the division. Not going to make the playoffs or win the division, so beating Dallas would make up partly for a poor season otherwise. Dallas may not be the team of the 70's, or the 90's, but beating them is still a bright spot in a team's otherwise dim season...