ESPN: Surprise Offseason Standout (NFCE only)

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
If Cobb stays healthy, he’s an upgrade from Cole Beasley. When fans say “how are we going to replace Beasley?”, realize that for his whole career, Beas averaged 3 receptions for 31 yards. Sure he had some great moments, but his numbers will not be difficult to replace.

This, I thought he was Jerry freaking Rice at one point when he left.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
They decided to go in the other direction with their WRs this season.
Looks like they were going for getting slower and less explosive. They don't even have a viable third WR and are going to end up running Barkley into the ground.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If Cobb stays healthy, he’s an upgrade from Cole Beasley. When fans say “how are we going to replace Beasley?”, realize that for his whole career, Beas averaged 3 receptions for 31 yards. Sure he had some great moments, but his numbers will not be difficult to replace.
The only charm about Beasley is that he had a niftiness and ability to get open that players like Bryant and Williams didn't have. He was not a player who could have a monster season like Cobb did in 2014.

If he is healthy, Cobb can easily duplicate Beasley's average season. Everyone speaks to Cobb's poor seasons the last three years. Two or three of those bad seasons are equal to Beasley's second best year.

Techsass

Reaction score
Looks like they were going for getting slower and less explosive. They don't even have a viable third WR and are going to end up running Barkley into the ground.
Eli will make it work.

As for Cobb I wasn't all that impressed when I first heard he was a Cowboy. Now I'm almost excited to see him play.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s going to be a hard sell to the Giant’s fans. “Slayton’s hands aren’t nearly as good as OBJ’s, but he’s a lot slower.”