News: ESPN: The Earl Thomas dream might not be over yet for Cowboys

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The Cowboys' need for a safety would seem more acute after the draft.

Continue reading...

The gist of the article says "The dream for Thomas and for a lot of Cowboys fans is not dead yet."

Once Thomas hits free agency next year, his price is probably going to be higher than the Cowboys want to pay, even though they appear to be in good shape, cap-wise,in 2019.

If they're going to get him, it better be this year....

Rayman70

Reaction score
if NOT this year,I pass on him next. I don't wanna invest dollars into a player that will be 31 next year. If we are going to do it,its got to be now.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
if NOT this year,I pass on him next. I don't wanna invest dollars into a player that will be 31 next year. If we are going to do it,its got to be now.
If you would pass on him next year, that means you see him as a one year rental. How much are you willing to give in trade to have a player for one year? Me? Not much.....a 6 or a 7, or a marginal roster guy. No way he goes for that little, IMO.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If you would pass on him next year, that means you see him as a one year rental. How much are you willing to give in trade to have a player for one year? Me? Not much.....a 6 or a 7, or a marginal roster guy. No way he goes for that little, IMO.
no..it means I want him for at LEAST 2 years or not at all.In our scheme I think we can preserve him a little bit longer. Seattle runs a much more dependent scheme..that requires more out of their safeties. We use more zone. THUS...we can get more out of him.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
What I am sayin is after Seattle uses him up this year..I just dunno how much he will have left in the ole tank. They been hard on their DB'S over the years. Look at Sherman...look at Earl himself...he's had some pretty bad injuries. I think between Marinelli and Richard we will dial up some very player friendly schemes.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If we can get Earl into our system now,I think he will have 2 great years remaining at a high level.I get queazy thinking about acclimating a 31 year old safety into Marinelli's scheme. He will be a year older...and maybe used up. STILL better than what we have. But I want him now.