News: ESPN: Will Cowboys spend big? Barnwell predicts moves for NFC East

75boyz

Reaction score
What's Jeff Heath's W/L record?

And some haters are trying to replace him with that loser Earl Thomas!! Pfft!!

Jeff Heath is a winner and clutch and you know the rest..

You see how DUMB it is to think that a mediocre player is good because he is a starter on a GOOD TEAM?

I hear ya. KillerInstinct did an upcoming contracts post and then a follow up to it outlining what I thought was a pretty accurate assessment of Cowboy rankings league wide in relation to their position. Might he have had some internal bias? Of course some, but nothing blatant. The point being how clearly the entire team roster is set up for success

The line is so blurred now between which title is to be given to Dak as game manager or franchise QB when mentioning Dak that everybody has customized their own opinion's version to sound more convincing than the next opinion.

in support of my game manager opinion I further believe that not only does he have more than enough offensive assistance but now, a pretty darn good defense that actually gets consistent stops too.

I thought the franchise ones, (YOUNG or OLD) could always do a little more with less.
Things didn't need to be perfectly clean in a pocket, top caliber linemen, top runner and near top receiving to hit an open receiver.

Have people forgotten that 3 game stretch from 2017 so fast? Heck, the first half of last year? First downs, much less TDs were a joke. Red Zone scoring? I guess the sacrificial scapegoat can be Linehan but doesn't the QB touch the ball every single snap? Is there any accountability to that as far as control? I know, during that 3 game stretch in 2017, he was missing his starting left tackle and his running back.

Zero touchdowns.

Spare me the "every QB, elite or not needs help" crap.

He does less with more if you ask me.

starcity214

Reaction score
I hear ya. KillerInstinct did an upcoming contracts post and then a follow up to it outlining what I thought was a pretty accurate assessment of Cowboy rankings league wide in relation to their position. Might he have had some internal bias? Of course some, but nothing blatant. The point being how clearly the entire team roster is set up for success

The line is so blurred now between which title title is to be given to Dak as game manager or franchise QB when mentioning Dak that everybody has customized their own opinion's version to sound more convincing than the next opinion.

Not only offensive assistance but now, a pretty darn good defense that actually gets consistent stops now too.

I thought the franchise ones, (YOUNG or OLD) could always do a little more with less.
Things didn't need to be perfectly clean in a pocket, top caliber linemen, top runner and near top receiving to hit an open receiver.

Have people forgotten that 3 game stretch from 2017 so fast? Heck, the first half of last year? First downs, much less TDs were a joke. Red Zone scoring? I guess the sacrificial scapegoat can be Linehan but doesn't the QB touch the ball every single snap? Is there any accountability to that as far as control? I know, durinb that 3 game stretch in 2017, he was missing his startingeft tackle and his running back.

Zero touchdowns.

Spare me the "every QB, elite or not needs help" crap.

He does less with more if you ask me.

That's what some people don't understand.

There was nothing wrong with Alex Smith...

He was an ok QB..

But, if your goal is to win championships, you will have to face "elite" QBs and if you don't have one, you will always go in to that game as an underdog if your QB isn't on the same level.
Sure, a good TEAM can make all things equal but if you're paying your QB franchize type money, you will never be able to field an elite team.

Common sense.

But you got some people here that demand we back up the brink truck for a mediocre player!

Imagine having to watch this team without a top 10 defense (because you can't pay evdryone) I guarantee we would lose out because our defense kept us in every game while the offense sputtered along for 3 quarters.

It will be worse than the Campo years

75boyz

Reaction score
That's what some people don't understand.

There was nothing wrong with Alex Smith...

He was an ok QB..

But, if your goal is to win championships, you will have to face "elite" QBs and if you don't have one, you will always go in to that game as an underdog if your QB isn't on the same level.
Sure, a good TEAM can make all things equal but if you're paying your QB franchize type money, you will never be able to field an elite team.

Common sense.

But you got some people here that demand we back up the brink truck for a mediocre player!

Imagine having to watch this team without a top 10 defense (because you can't pay evdryone) I guarantee we would lose out because our defense kept us in every game while the offense sputtered along for 3 quarters.

It will be worse than the Campo years

We see things very similarly my friend and yet will be called haters for pointing out what is so truthfully obvious. Nice chat bro.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Right, you hate him, and the fans who understand the game and look at 32 teams with "elite" QB's doing the same things love him, because we don't sit with our thumbs in our mouths pouting about the ohh why isn't he the next Tom Brady, or Rodgers or...... Won some games, hum as a 3 year QB, he set a record for games won.... go back and recheck that one mate. He's not pretty in all aspects, but again, he had no time, not even a DAY to sit and just take it all in. You people expected him to jump on the field and do what exactly? Ohh that's right, win games. Had our oh so grand defense held up in LA, I'll lay a 500 bet he would have won that one for us also. But, you keep on disliking him Silver, I'll stay my hand until he shows up to be another Bortles or flame out like all the rest of those HIGH draft picks....like I said, we could have done ALOT worst then Dak Prescott, hell in fact we have in the past. The great one Romo took us nowhere, not even a divisional game won in his 6 appearances in the p[layoffs, where he was 2-4... Dak has already evened that up in 3 seasons, not 14. But again, you keep haten, will remind you all later of your dislikes, once Dak proves he can be that guy.
you lost me at hate...take care

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Perfectly summarized. Your last couple of sentences are the ones that the pro Dak crowd can never accept as mutually exclusive. The incessant make believe narratives of HOF QB comparisons and cherry picked PFF rhetoric stats consistently insult what I watch and see and has already reached comical levels at times here.

Heck, I liked and still like Tebow too. As a man. Not as a quarterback.
Right it's not like this is made up stuff. I've posted articles prior to the draft and they all read the same then as they do now. I have nothing against the kid I just don't consider him elite. Maybe just maybe he will pull a Dilfer and win one for all of us fans.

75boyz

Reaction score
Right just because you have a different opinion doesn't mean I hate Dak. I root for him just the same as I should as a true fan. Doesn't mean I have to like it:)

True, did not mean to lump you in as a stereotype. Oh, I root for him as well but have tempered my expectations now based on the last 2 years performance. No more, no less of a fan though in either case as you alluded to. Just would prefer a little better than the present and I tend to express my opinion a little strongly at times.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
True, did not mean to lump you in as a stereotype. Oh, I root for him as well but have tempered my expectations now based on the last 2 years performance. No more, no less of a fan though in either case as you alluded to. Just would prefer a little better than the present and I tend to express my opinion a little strongly at times.
Oh I know I was replying back to his comment where he lumped me in as a hater. I feel the same as you bud. I give him credit for a legit 8 wins where he clearly was the reason for the W. Every other W goes to Zeke and his teammates. Some people are always glass half full and "wait till next year". You and I clearly aren't in those circles. Great for those folks with their opinions but don't throw us to the curb for our different fact based opinions.

75boyz

Reaction score
Oh I know I was replying back to his comment where he lumped me in as a hater. I feel the same as you bud. I give him credit for a legit 8 wins where he clearly was the reason for the W. Every other W goes to Zeke and his teammates. Some people are always glass half full and "wait till next year". You and I clearly aren't in those circles. Great for those folks with their opinions but don't throw us to the curb for our different fact based opinions.

Right On, cheers bro!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What's Jeff Heath's W/L record?

And some haters are trying to replace him with that loser Earl Thomas!! Pfft!!

Jeff Heath is a winner and clutch and you know the rest..

You see how DUMB it is to think that a mediocre player is good because he is a starter on a GOOD TEAM?
It's DUMB to not realize the QB is by far the most important position on the team.

JayFord

Reaction score
Only time we spend Big is when we’re staring down the barrel of a double barrel shotgun