ESPN's Latest Power Ratings 3/30

Sydla

Reaction score
And your conclusion is that age was the reason Brady had a down year?

I mean he's over 40, so yeah, I think he's probably slipped some.

What's your point? Are you trying to make this about other older players? Is this a commentary on someone like Griffen? If so, I would state that a 32 year old coming off a very productive season is a much different animal than a 42 year old QB coming off a so-so season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You also gave to remember Tampa doesn't have a great OL or coach Belichek to help scheme. I actually think Tampa won't make the playoffs. Saints most likely wins the division so I'm looking at wild card for Tampa.

GB, Minnesota and possibly Chicago
Dallas and Philly
San Fran, Seattle and possibly Arizona

In the south I think Carolina will be rebuilding but Atlanta could make a run as they go 1 good season than 1 bad and back and forth. If history is anything than Atlanta will be a contender for playoffs spot.

I just remembered that 1 extra team will get a playoff spot this season. I still think the conference is very tough and Brady looked average last season in a less talented AFC
I very well could see them missing the playoffs.....but the Bucc's have odds just as good as Arizona, Seattle, Philly, Dallas, Minnie and Chicago. Jameis is getting the blame for their lack of success.......Arians is no Bellicheat.

DFWJC

Reaction score
New offense, age and no Bellicheat. I do think Arians will run the offense around his strengths like using the running back as a passing threat as well as the tight ends.
If JK Dobbins drops to them in the 2nd, the Bucs should pounce

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I very well could see them missing the playoffs.....but the Bucc's have odds just as good as Arizona, Seattle, Philly, Dallas, Minnie and Chicago. Jameis is getting the blame for their lack of success.......Arians is no Bellicheat.
Winston can throw deep while Brady can't anymore. Plus the OL isn't very good. They have really good receivers though but their defense can't stop a runny nose. I think Dallas, Seattle, Arizona, Minnesota all have better shots at the playoffs than Tampa. Chicago would be one Tampa could possibly have better chances to make the playoffs but they face a really good defense.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Of course Brady is not the Brady of a few years ago.
But you guys are underestimating Tampa’s overall team as well as him.
Imo

And btw,
PFF ranked Tampa Bay’s line 7th in the league last year (Pats were 10th)

Either way, it makes for an interesting story line.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That is not true.

3 Picks against the 49ers who scored 31
1 pick against the Giants who scored 32 points
1 pick against the Rams who scored 40 points
5 picks against the Panthers who scored 37 points
0 points against the Saints who scored 31
0 picks against the Seahawks who scored 40
3 picks against the Saints who scored 34 in the second meeting
3 picks against the Colts who scored 38

8 games with over 30 points....only half of them he had over 2 interceptions. That does not represent a good defense. Its not like these are juggernaut offenses.

My God.................3 picks 3 times and 5 picks one time? And what about Fumbles?

Im not saying the defense was great, but it was a solid defense. Got better as the season went along.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Because of Father Time.

That is incorrect. Although you cant say its not a factor, the big issue with the New England offense was the Oline #1. They had two big injuries and it crippled the line. This affected not only the passing game, but more so the running game. This made the offense one dimensional. And there is the fact that losing his #1 passing weapon in Gronk was a huge hit.

You combine losing the Oline and the running to the offense combined with losing Gronk and you have the makings of the big drop.

To assume that its only age isnt understanding the underlying facts.

If Tampa bays Oline plays well, then I see Brady doing great in that offense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You also gave to remember Tampa doesn't have a great OL or coach Belichek to help scheme. I actually think Tampa won't make the playoffs. Saints most likely wins the division so I'm looking at wild card for Tampa.

GB, Minnesota and possibly Chicago
Dallas and Philly
San Fran, Seattle and possibly Arizona

In the south I think Carolina will be rebuilding but Atlanta could make a run as they go 1 good season than 1 bad and back and forth. If history is anything than Atlanta will be a contender for playoffs spot.

I just remembered that 1 extra team will get a playoff spot this season. I still think the conference is very tough and Brady looked average last season in a less talented AFC

I am no expert on the Tampa line. If they are a bad line, then I agree with you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I mean he's over 40, so yeah, I think he's probably slipped some.

What's your point? Are you trying to make this about other older players? Is this a commentary on someone like Griffen? If so, I would state that a 32 year old coming off a very productive season is a much different animal than a 42 year old QB coming off a so-so season.

NO I was just wondering if you truly knew the underlying facts about why the Pats offense struggled last year. Or, like many others, you were just assuming that Brady was getting old and that was the reason.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I am no expert on the Tampa line. If they are a bad line, then I agree with you.
Winston is more mobile than Brady and it's not even close. I'm not sure the exact number of sacks they allowed but Winston got hit a ton. It's possible Brady doesn't make it through the season at 43 years old.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do not even give one crap about this kind of rating at this juncture of the off-season, much less the season except for me expressing this thought.

This is goober shiznozz looking for goobers to go cray over.

#feedthefrenzy
You would think they could be more original with the sporting fans' lack of viewing events.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Winston is more mobile than Brady and it's not even close. I'm not sure the exact number of sacks they allowed but Winston got hit a ton. It's possible Brady doesn't make it through the season at 43 years old.

I doubt Brady would come to a team with a bad line. I’ll do some research.

DFWJC

Reaction score
7th ranked offensive line
3 behind Dallas, 3 ahead of New England
And Brady is harder to sack than Winston due to his pocket awareness, footwork within the pocket, and willingness to throw it away quickly.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I actually think if Washington gets decent play out of Haskins they could have a winning record. Their front four should be dominant

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think both Dallas and Philadelphia could have strong years. I think both teams are better than they were in 2019
Haven't been following them completely this offseason.....Why exactly is Philly better?