ESPN's Latest Power Ratings 3/30

Section446

Reaction score
I don't see the point in power rankings at this point in the off-season.

Adreme

Reaction score
So let me see if I understand this right: ESPN takes the view, which I agree with, that the losses mean that Dallas is a less talented team than last year and last year Dallas finished 8-8 so logically being worse than that means they are the 11th best team in the NFL?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Do not even give one crap about this kind of rating at this juncture of the off-season, much less the season except for me expressing this thought.

This is goober shiznozz looking for goobers to go cray over.

#feedthefrenzy
Even want to be writers struggling for work these days,, every potential story that hits is like the lottery for a pay check these days.. no lol

DFWJC

Reaction score
So let me see if I understand this right: ESPN takes the view, which I agree with, that the losses mean that Dallas is a less talented team than last year and last year Dallas finished 8-8 so logically being worse than that means they are the 11th best team in the NFL?
You left out coaching

Adreme

Reaction score
You left out coaching

Coaches can do a lot, but if there is not talent then coaches cannot find the best use of it and the secondary is just not good and that is one of the worst things to say about a team in the NFL.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Even want to be writers struggling for work these days,, every potential story that hits is like the lottery for a pay check these days.. no lol
God bless 'em.

ESisback

Reaction score
I don't see it especially if Brady has to get in a shoot out every week.
How many teams with good pass rushers does Tampa face this year? If several, he could get hit more than he’s used to. Never was mobile, and he IS getting older.

Dustincoelho

Reaction score
Watching some analysts talking about the cowboys and how the defence looks poor and much worse off this year compared to last, mentioning how its a bad defence.

Is it just me or does that not make any sense? It wasn't great last year but we were the 9th ranked defence in the nfl and we underperformed. We upgraded at safety, downgraded at cornerback, stayed the same at linebacker, upgraded both d tackle positions, and downgraded at RDE. To me its fairly the same defence but RDE might even be a wash if Gregory is back (which he should be). So how does the 9th ranked defence from last season which underperformed, all of a sudden turn into a terrible defence in the mind of analysts?

ondaedg

Reaction score
Watching some analysts talking about the cowboys and how the defence looks poor and much worse off this year compared to last, mentioning how its a bad defence.

Is it just me or does that not make any sense? It wasn't great last year but we were the 9th ranked defence in the nfl and we underperformed. We upgraded at safety, downgraded at cornerback, stayed the same at linebacker, upgraded both d tackle positions, and downgraded at RDE. To me its fairly the same defence but RDE might even be a wash if Gregory is back (which he should be). So how does the 9th ranked defence from last season which underperformed, all of a sudden turn into a terrible defence in the mind of analysts?

As a lifelong Cowboys fan i can say with 1000% certainty that there is no way we were actually the 9th ranked defense. The Minnesota and Green Bay games showed how bad our D really was and the media knows this.

DFWJC

Reaction score
As a lifelong Cowboys fan i can say with 1000% certainty that there is no way we were actually the 9th ranked defense. The Minnesota and Green Bay games showed how bad our D really was and the media knows this.
For starters, we were 11th in scoring. Either way, they seemed more middle of the pack, all things considered.
Better or even far better than what we had back in those three 8-8 seasons between 2011-2013 , but not still not good.