Euro football tranfer thread

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is there no thread on this yet?

I'm following the Dybala saga. What a s-show. His agent demands a 13 million dollar payment for himself which sinks the Lukaku swap. How is that even allowed?

StylisticS

Reaction score
Arsenal is rumored to get Coutinho from Barcelona on a loan. I will be displeased if that happened. We are good at striker and midfielders. We need defense. In particular, a couple centerbacks and a left back. Hopefully the Tierney transfer happens within the next two days.

I am most interested in what happens with Neymar. That's another saga in itself.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Arsenal is rumored to get Coutinho from Barcelona on a loan. I will be displeased if that happened. We are good at striker and midfielders. We need defense. In particular, a couple centerbacks and a left back. Hopefully the Tierney transfer happens within the next two days.

I am most interested in what happens with Neymar. That's another saga in itself.

Well, if Neymar gets sold, thats going to unleash PSG into the transfer market like a hoover vacuum.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
How is there no thread on this yet?

I'm following the Dybala saga. What a s-show. His agent demands a 13 million dollar payment for himself which sinks the Lukaku swap. How is that even allowed?
Irony is same thing happened to Lukaku returning to Chelsea.
Chelsea refused to pay the agent fee so he ended up ay ManU.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look like Dybala to Tottenham? Juventus really don't want the guy. He should fire his agent if they can't get this done.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can someone explain "image rights" in relation to a soccer player? They have apparetnly blown up Dybala's transfer to Man U and Tottenham...........but nobody has explained what they are and why they must be purchased for a deal to get done.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Irony is same thing happened to Lukaku returning to Chelsea.
Chelsea refused to pay the agent fee so he ended up ay ManU.

Sounds like the agent probably used this tactic to block a move the player didn't really want. Protects his client by taking the heat with this fee.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Sounds like the agent probably used this tactic to block a move the player didn't really want. Protects his client by taking the heat with this fee.
Lukaku says officially he simply had already agreed with ManU but reality is Chelsea was very much in it agreeing to all terms except 10+M for the agent fee.
Lukaku hated Jose and that was the reason he left Chelsea in the first place.
As under Jose with ManU he just wasnt a good defender and didn't fit well in that parked bus scheme.
He's best in a system like Belgium's.
Drogba was Lukaku's idol and DD has been an advisor to him forever.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Lukaku says officially he simply had already agreed with ManU but reality is Chelsea was very much in it agreeing to all terms except 10+M for the agent fee.
Lukaku hated Jose and that was the reason he left Chelsea in the first place.
As under Jose with ManU he just wasnt a good defender and didn't fit well in that parked bus scheme.
He's best in a system like Belgium's.
Drogba was Lukaku's idol and DD has been an advisor to him forever.

Then he must have listened to Drogba 2 years ago when he signed with ManU. Drogba adores Mourinho. Of course Drogba actually gave hear in defending. A forward doesn't need to have great defensive skill, but he does have to care and put in the effort. Drogba did, Lukaku does not.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nope. Good link. Image rights are an emerging issue. Not sure how Juventus let that slide, but someone who was supposed to represent Dybala's interests made a bad error. Dybala sold his image rights to a 3rd party. So, Man U or Tottenham could have signed him but not used his image for any club or commercial purposes with paying the company who owns dybala's image rights. Huge potential for conflicts.. Why sign a high profile player for 70 million when you can't even use him in club promotions? Dybala is basically screwed b/c that 3rd party owns him. They can demand anything they want and value his image at whatever they want. Its going to be a huge stumbling block for Juventus trying to sell him. I am kinda shocked they allowed it.

next question is when do these rights expire......?

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
hildhood
Then he must have listened to Drogba 2 years ago when he signed with ManU. Drogba adores Mourinho. Of course Drogba actually gave hear in defending. A forward doesn't need to have great defensive skill, but he does have to care and put in the effort. Drogba did, Lukaku does not.
Lukaku's biggest problem is he lacks a first touch.
Defense isn't really the issue except for Jose who valued that above all else thus his Hazard drama early on. Otherwise Conte would never be after him.

Drogba is a Chelsea man through and through and would be working for the club now except he's running to be President of his African country, Ivory Coast.
He is my favorite player of all time and the reason I chose Chelsea.

Again the agent fee was the ultimately the difference when Lukaku chose ManU. This is widely known. ManU upped their offer and paid the exrtra 10M.
Drogba is the one who reported agent fee was an issue.

Guess where Lukaku is going now??? To play for the man who was trying to sign him for Chelsea back in 2017.
And the agent fee this time has been reduced to 5.3M but has still remained an issue as the two sides were at a point where Lukaku trained with his childhood Belgian side forcing ManU to relent.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hildhood
Lukaku's biggest problem is he lacks a first touch.
Defense isn't really the issue except for Jose who valued that above all else thus his Hazard drama early on. Otherwise Conte would never be after him.

Drogba is a Chelsea man through and through and would be working for the club now except he's running to be President of his African country, Ivory Coast.
He is my favorite player of all time and the reason I chose Chelsea.

Again the agent fee was the ultimately the difference when Lukaku chose ManU. This is widely known. ManU upped their offer and paid the exrtra 10M.
Drogba is the one who reported agent fee was an issue.

Guess where Lukaku is going now??? To play for the man who was trying to sign him for Chelsea back in 2017.
And the agent fee this time has been reduced to 5.3M but has still remained an issue as the two sides were at a point where Lukaku trained with his childhood Belgian side forcing ManU to relent.

Are they not allowed to fire agents for ruining potential contracts? American athletes fire agents all the time.

joseephuss

Reaction score
next question is when do these rights expire......?

I assume it depends on the contract. Could be a set number of years or even a lifetime depending on the way the contract is structured. I've searched and can't find any mention on the length of this contract with regards to Dybala.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score