Even if we make the playoffs next year

Mannix

Reaction score
I have ZERO confidence even if we are playing at home in our .500 coin flip circus of a stadium, and ZERO confidence that we won't get screwed by the officials on the road. And most importantly, I have ZERO confidence in the ability of The Clapping Carrot in making adjustments to anything but the knobs on his Bat Utility Belt. Here comes another lost season, where our key players become one year closer to being finished. .

Dwight

Reaction score
Jeff Lurie made a coaching change a couple of years ago and it paid off.

However, Jerry Jones continues to be happy about his current situation.

As fans we don’t deserve this mess from the owner of our Cowboys.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s one thing to lower the bar but to totally count us out I’m not sure I’d care to watch.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I have ZERO confidence even if we are playing at home in our .500 coin flip circus of a stadium, and ZERO confidence that we won't get screwed by the officials on the road. And most importantly, I have ZERO confidence in the ability of The Clapping Carrot in making adjustments to anything but the knobs on his Bat Utility Belt. Here comes another lost season, where our key players become one year closer to being finished. .

:lmao2:

Blackrain

Reaction score
making the playoff is like the super bowl for dallas... :(

Yep we don't have the coaching to truly compete in the playoffs In the salary cap era with jerry gambling our 2nd round pick every yr its impossible to compile enough talent to overcome the coaching .

So as fans the absolute best we can hope for is to have a top 5 Oline that gives us a power running game protects our QB , defense and just lets Garrett stand like the clapping idiot he is with his mind in neutral on the sideline while Zeke hammers out 5 yrds a carry .

It gives us pretty good football to watch right up to the point we get out coached in rd 1 of the playoffs. Sad but that's it in a nutshell and I have adjusted my expectations accordingly .

Blackrain

Reaction score
me too.. this crap doesn't even bother me anymore.. it's like a sad joke now.
Yep its been that way so long I feel like I'm having to pay the price now for all the great exciting football the Cowboys gave me in my youth.

We are slowly compiling some talent on defense so if we can just run the ball like we did in 16 we should be able to beat the teams we expect to beat and have a good chance against some of the better teams . At my age now it comes down to having a product to watch that dosent frustrate the heck out of me . Great Oline play and Power running go along way in making the current Cowboy team tolerable to watch . Depending on Garrett to try and pull the rabbit out of the hat is a constant frustrating disappointment

DcFootball4

Reaction score
Yep its been that way so long I feel like I'm having to pay the price now for all the great exciting football the Cowboys gave me in my youth.

We are slowly compiling some talent on defense so if we can just run the ball like we did in 16 we should be able to beat the teams we expect to beat and have a good chance against some of the better teams . At my age now it comes down to having a product to watch that dosent frustrate the heck out of me . Great Oline play and Power running go along way in making the current Cowboy team tolerable to watch . Depending on Garrett to try and pull the rabbit out of the hat is a constant frustrating disappointment

I agree. I think if we can play like we did we can win. I however have almost zero confidence in our coaching for the playoffs, we cannot adapt to anything. If we go up against a top defense I don't know if JG can adjust our offense to compensate for that. Let alone the constant passing plays when we should run the ball. To be honest, I would just about rather have Marty Schottenheimer and just play Marty ball over passing it all the time when Dak cant make the shots or our WRs (Dez) cant run the correct routes.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Agreed guys like Marty and Andy Reid can get you real close but are not able to finish . Garrett cant even get us real close . As soon as the competition gets stiff he is done . Never so disgusted as to watch us not be able to get our players substituted properly after 2 weeks to prepare for Green Bay. That was a team that was out manned but found ways to win through coaching at our expense .

When I watch Danny Amendola and Tom Brady in that game against the Jags it makes me sick . Those 2 guys are not near the athletes that Dak and Dez are but they are so in tune with one another that they dominated . Why cant our coaching staff instill a similar work ethic and force these guys to put in the kind of time necessary to develop that type of chemistry .

Its all about wanting to be the best and doing whats necessary to achieve that goal . Nobody wants it bad enough here Owner , Coach, Players , because what one man can do another can do especially if they are more physically talented . Nobody here is willing to sacrifice like Brady and his receivers and put the time in in the off season to get it done .