Even if Zeke reports today he's not playing till game 2 or 3?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's a good chance that Zeke is working out, although, it can't match the intensity of what he'd be doing in TC and the preseason games. It, admittedly, doesn't look promising that he'll return in sufficient time to recover an instant readiness to perform impressively. Yet, we can only hope for a rare display of sanity from our bird-brained RB. Otherwise, Zeke's future could easily include an untimely injury to mar his late return. Yeah, perish the thought! :oops:

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why? It would take 4 weeks to get into shape. So he won't snap something.
Because his hamstrings, ligaments, tendons and muscle and fat have not lifted anything heavier than a Mexican beauty since .... realisticaly his lackluster game against the Rams!

I want to see Tony Pollard running for 150 yards in game 1!
Zeke, on the sidelines looking on, and regretting his hold out. Oh, drama! O, Death!

Will you be happy to see a great Pollard emerge?
If not shake your head.
OK

I hope Pollard turns out to be Kamara Part Deux.....but in the meantime I'm seeing a Rico situation here all over again so patience till we see real deal on the field of War.
Jeez you think HB like Zeke grow on trees and are selected in the 4th round daily?
Merry Xmas folks....

Johnny23

Reaction score
Pollard wasn't the main back and you need more than 8 carried to get over 150 yards. Being a featured back in a run first team would make that possible.
Actually no. He never carried a hundred times in a season once guys like that don't turn into workhorses in the NFL. He played at Memphis and couldn't beat out Henderson and was literally getting 2nd to 3rd string touches. Back ups don't turn the corner to feature back in the pros. If we're banking on it . God luck.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Why? It would take 4 weeks to get into shape. So he won't snap something.
Because his hamstrings, ligaments, tendons and muscle and fat have not lifted anything heavier than a Mexican beauty since .... realisticaly his lackluster game against the Rams!

I want to see Tony Pollard running for 150 yards in game 1!
Zeke, on the sidelines looking on, and regretting his hold out. Oh, drama! O, Death!

Will you be happy to see a great Pollard emerge?
If not shake your head.
OK
BS. All reports are saying Zeke is working his butt off.

JReed1000

Reaction score
Even Jerry just stated that Zeke is in great shape and one player that can hit the ground running...Unless he is struggling with the offensive calls he'll be in the game. He's the best back we have...Period.

robjay04

Reaction score
Not more worth than a franchise QB.

I do agree bell cow backs getting 30 carries a game isn't easy to find. That being said I see no reason Pollard can't get 20 carries a game.

No doubt about that. I don’t think anyone is arguing that. Even Zeke’s team knows if he gets half of what Dak is likely to get..it’s a huge victory.

For that reason, Dak’s deal is a lot more complicated.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Actually no. He never carried a hundred times in a season once guys like that don't turn into workhorses in the NFL. He played at Memphis and couldn't beat out Henderson and was literally getting 2nd to 3rd string touches. Back ups don't turn the corner to feature back in the pros. If we're banking on it . God luck.
Was you in the locker room and know the reasons why Henderson was the featured back and not Pollard or you just making assumptions?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
No doubt about that. I don’t think anyone is arguing that. Even Zeke’s team knows if he gets half of what Dak is likely to get..it’s a huge victory.

For that reason, Dak’s deal is a lot more complicated.
I agree Daks deal is more complicated but it's also the most important to get done. Zeke is a Cowboy and we are a better team with him. Issue is, he needs to wait his turn. He was the number 4 overall pick and while some say he has outplayed his contract, Dak has done it even more. There are backups that have made more money than Dak, but Dak isn't crying and holding out. He is at camp working to get better and try and win a championship. If anybody on the team had a right to hold out it was Dak not Zeke. Plus Dak has been dependable to stay out of trouble, meanwhile Zeke hasn't. He just got done getting out of the commissioners office for being in trouble.

Silly

Reaction score
I thought the Cowboys were running a new offense this season with movement and disguised looks. How is Zeke learning the new formations sitting in Cabo? Or is the new offense just BS?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I agree Daks deal is more complicated but it's also the most important to get done. Zeke is a Cowboy and we are a better team with him. Issue is, he needs to wait his turn. He was the number 4 overall pick and while some say he has outplayed his contract, Dak has done it even more. There are backups that have made more money than Dak, but Dak isn't crying and holding out. He is at camp working to get better and try and win a championship. If anybody on the team had a right to hold out it was Dak not Zeke. Plus Dak has been dependable to stay out of trouble, meanwhile Zeke hasn't. He just got done getting out of the commissioners office for being in trouble.
It is ironic that being a 1st round pick penalizes you with the 5th year option. Dak and Zeke were drafted in the same year, yet Zeke, drafted earlier is expected to wait a year later to get his big payday.

Granted Zeke's rookie contract was much larger than Dak's, but neither rookie deal matches what their 2nd contract will be. I guess the way the CBA is structured now, I would want to be the 33rd pick in the draft. That would get you a decent rookie deal and there would be no 5th year team option.