Every int thrown by Dak in 2017

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
He caught the league by surprise lol.......well goodness why didn't Drew Henson or Chad Hutchinson catch the league by surprise.
Corny

Why did RG3 and Kapernick have successful rookie seasons?

What player have you seen regress as much from his rookie season to sophomore season?

Why did every single receiver on the team suffer down seasons last year?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Actually I asked you to name the long list of qbs that have sucked and still went 3-3...and your long list was compiled of one person.

To prove your point you brought one guy who had the best defense in the leagues.

Actually, you said this:

You don't suck and get 13 wins. Just doesnt happen.

One example is all it takes. Just stop. Please. Stop.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
To add an even more recent example - Kerry Collins/Vince Young combo (Young started 1 game) in 2008 for the Titans.

Or how about Jake Plummer with the Broncos in 2005? Or did he not suck with his career 74.6 passer rating?

Kordell Stewart with the Steelers in 2001?

Jim Miller and Shane Mathews the same year for the Bears?

Steve Bono with the Chiefs in 95?

At what point does "Just doesn't happen" become false?

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Corny

Why did RG3 and Kapernick have successful rookie seasons?

What player have you seen regress as much from his rookie season to sophomore season?

Why did every single receiver on the team suffer down seasons last year?
You corny. You know Dak had a huge regression because of how great he was his first year. His regression came in week 8 of his second season. Everyone knows Robert suffered after his injury.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Pictures are easier for some peeps, including myself

Get you some info... now what you do with it or how you interpret it, is a diff issue

For some people you can show picture and even read it to them....you can even think for them and it still wouldn't be enough.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Actually I said this:

Anything else I can help you with? Or are you going to keep pretending to be dumb? Or are you not pretending? Is this a schtick?

Wow, you really are just delusional.

I quote you, and you still deny the quote.

Stop lying to yourself. Stop moving goal posts. Stop ignoring the facts.

You said it "Just doesn't happen."
You were proven wrong.
You refuse to admit it.
You move the goal posts.
You are again proven wrong.
You again refuse to admit it.

Let me post this again for you, even though it was unnecessary since you were already proven wrong.

To add an even more recent example - Kerry Collins/Vince Young combo (Young started 1 game) in 2008 for the Titans.

Or how about Jake Plummer with the Broncos in 2005? Or did he not suck with his career 74.6 passer rating?

Kordell Stewart with the Steelers in 2001?

Jim Miller and Shane Mathews the same year for the Bears?

Steve Bono with the Chiefs in 95?

At what point does "Just doesn't happen" become false?

Of course your original argument was a strawman to begin with (which you chose to ignore when that was pointed out - "An issue != suck").

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Let's stop writing the story about how Dak's career is going to go 32 games into it.

Robert Griffin III's career went in the toilet after he blew out his knee and lost all his speed. He was never the passer even Dak is; and once he couldn't run anymore, he became easy to defend.

And Kaepernick would still be in the league today if not for non-football related stuff. To compare their career arcs to Prescott is really missing the point.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
You corny. You know Dak had a huge regression because of how great he was his first year. His regression came in week 8 of his second season. Everyone knows Robert suffered after his injury.
Oh you mean the first 8 games where he had 1 win vs a winning team (Chiefs were in a tailspin this time of the season)?

Please.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh you mean the first 8 games where he had 1 win vs a winning team (Chiefs were in a tailspin this time of the season)?

Please.
So now it's HIS fault because of the schedule? This is silly.

You guys spend all year talking about how slow Witten was, how crappy Linehan was, how bad Garrett is, how bad Zeke played, how bad Dez was......yet three months later you guys won't bring up any of that stuff in regards to why Dak played the way he played. I can't wait until he plays well this season so you guys can find another team to root for.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
So now it's HIS fault because of the schedule? This is silly.

You guys spend all year talking about how slow Witten was, how crappy Linehan was, how bad Garrett is, how bad Zeke played, how bad Dez was......yet three months later you guys won't bring up any of that stuff in regards to why Dak played the way he played. I can't wait until he plays well this season so you guys can find another team to root for.
Man please

Now youre suggesting fans find a new team because we don't think this QB can play???

Grow UP

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
1) Bad pass way out in front.
2) Bad read. CB didn't even have to break on the ball.
3) Arm hit in motion.
4) Bad pass. Overthrow.
5) Hit on follow through.
6) Bad read. DB didn't even have to make a break on the ball. Even if Beasley had stayed home he is not a 50-50 guy who fights through contact well.
7) TWill clanged a body catch attempt creating a tip drill.
8) Bad read and weak throw to the outside. He missed the underneath corner reading him and threw a wet noodle.
9) Bad read. DB had inside leverage and was on Beasley's hip. He throws it on a line.
10) Bad throw. Either the ball sailed on him, Beasley was open, or he was trying to throw it oob and failed.
11) Dez alligator arms it and pops it up.
12) Bad throw behind Dez. Sure Dez is to blame here too as he managed to get a hand on it but you are not supposed to throw behind your receiver when they are sprinting across the field.
13) Poor throw. He switched sides of the field twice and his mechanics went into the toilet. The twisting pocket jump throw is not proper technique.
14)

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Ball 6-Horrible Decision by Dak in the redzone. I'm not sure what he wanted to do here.

You can't tell from the end zone angle in that video, but Dak was starting to throw as Butler broke to the inside. But Butler looped back to the outside as the ball was released.

T-RO

Reaction score
You can't tell from the end zone angle in that video, but Dak was starting to throw as Butler broke to the inside. But Butler looped back to the outside as the ball was released.

Fans are thinking, ‘wth, Dak?!’ But it’s clear to see from this vantage what happened. Hard to know if Butler was wrong per se...he saw the safety coming over. Once plays break down and improvisation kicks in...teammates can anticipate things differently.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
I only saw two that were clearly on the WR.
But if we are honest, if you want to subtract ints when a WR is at fault then you'd want to add ints when a db drops one right to them or a WR prevents the pick. It usually all washes out in the end.

Over the long run, it might "wash out in the end," but that's not always the case in a single season. Dak had more "unearned" interceptions (off receivers' hands, arm hit while throwing, tipped at the line, etc.) than anyone else in the league last season with eight. The average is two in a season, and nobody else had more than six last year. He did benefit from potential interceptions being dropped or broken up a little more frequently than average (five caught, compared with 6.8 expected to be caught on average), but those 1.8 were more than outweighed by the interceptions that shouldn't have happened. Overall, Dak ranked 30th out of 36 quarterbacks in how well it "washed out in the end" -- which means that 29 other quarterbacks had a net benefit that was more than Dak had when it came to interceptions.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I also can recall a few other plays not n this short video that illustrated the WR/WRs not protecting the ball.
I can't say I really know how it is with other teams and their WRs. Maybe the NFL has just changed. Or it's bad coaching all around. But I've been conscious of that kind of poor play for maybe a decade with the Cowboys.

Austin had his big run of success while he methodically came back for the ball.

Years of watching WRs wait for the ball waft into their hands, instead of intelligently competing for it, has really annoyed me. It's like no one realizes that once the ball leaves the QB's hands, the only person with further control over whether the ball is caught is the WR. They need to judge the ball and go after it. They need to protect it from the defense.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Wow, you really are just delusional.

I quote you, and you still deny the quote.

Stop lying to yourself. Stop moving goal posts. Stop ignoring the facts.

You said it "Just doesn't happen."
You were proven wrong.
You refuse to admit it.
You move the goal posts.
You are again proven wrong.
You again refuse to admit it.

Let me post this again for you, even though it was unnecessary since you were already proven wrong.

Of course your original argument was a strawman to begin with (which you chose to ignore when that was pointed out - "An issue != suck").
:clap: the idiocy of rocyaice really brought out a lot of good info from you. Thank you