Everyone hating on Dak? What's your plan "B"?

dsouth234

Reaction score
Yeah but I mean how many players is it now? Are all the players letting him down or is it Jerry? At some point we have to come to the realization that this team has stunk for 25+ years and Jerry is the one guy that has been here for all of it. We can't blame Diggs and Dak for what happened 10 years ago or 20 years ago.
I agree with you, something is definitely broken. But I’m more inclined to blame the players for the play on the field.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree with you, something is definitely broken. But I’m more inclined to blame the players for the play on the field.
I blame them too. Jerry hired some good guys and some good players...they will take blame for their play but I think the structure of the team is off based as well.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Draft three offensive linemen with your first three picks. The next two picks should be a DT and a LB. Then bring in some blocking TE's in free agency.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Can’t do anything. Dallas signed the contract most of you wanted.

You all said Dak was worth it and a lot of you think he’s elite. Well. Now we’re stuck.

We clearly aren't going to do anything with him behind center. But actually, if over the cap is right, I can blow the team up and see what happens:
I cut Dlaw, Cooper, Collins, Jarwin, and Zuerlein this year. I have 29M in cap space for next year (instead of being over by 13). Then cut Zeke next year and have 95M, which gives you money to keep Pollard and others you'll need.

Granted, we'd need some serious players, but I'm done with this team as it is currently built. I kept Dak for now because it's cap neutral next year but carries a lot of dead money later, For now I'd keep him, keep drafting and then try to find a a trade partner in a year or two, or just release him later once you find at least a bus driver.

RS12

Reaction score
Ever heard the phrase bag holder? That would be Jerry and everyone of us.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Stuck with him for now. He will continue to feast on our crap division and weaker teams while struggling with upper tier teams.

My question is, why does this team draw soooooo many flags regardless of the coaching staff. Never seen a franchise so willing to always shoot themselves in the foot.

Maybe because we have the same ole coaches that allow a team to have penalties. Hire the same MO people, You get the same team. Owner is the biggest problem. Jerry sucks so bad it's almost laughable.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This has been Dallas long before Dak was here. So what's your Dak solution then? @0 years, No Dak. Same or far worse endings. Here's your chance. And don't say Rush. Because then we will know you're just a tool. My solution? Hire a real coach and go from there. Let the new coach hire his own staff also. Not a Jerry Jones next favorite feel good friend.
Hire a new GM!!!!!

Acheman08

Reaction score
Im glad they got parsons obviously, but I was wanting them to draft Mac Jones lol

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This has been Dallas long before Dak was here. So what's your Dak solution then? @0 years, No Dak. Same or far worse endings. Here's your chance. And don't say Rush. Because then we will know you're just a tool. My solution? Hire a real coach and go from there. Let the new coach hire his own staff also. Not a Jerry Jones next favorite feel good friend.
Let our Punter play QB next season we finish with the # 1 pick in the draft.
Select the best rookie QB cut Dak,Zeke,Dlaw,Coop, and most important get a real GM.
Bleed for a year instead of 8-9 or one and done if the NFC East is trash again.
I wish us GL......:muttley:

playmakers

Reaction score
The only thing i can think of, and idk what cap ramifications it would have, is that guy in Seattle wants a fresh start. Could a Wilson for Dak trade be possible?

NotForLong

Reaction score
There is no plan B, only pain from here on it. The window for DAK and Cowboys has closed....DAK contract will now cause a domino affect on the salary cap.....cap casualties could include DLAW, Gallup, Tony Pollard, Dalton Shultz, Randy Gregory, Cedrick Wilson, Javon Kearse, Keanu Neal, and others... Plan B there is no plan B...
They have been using this same lame excuse since His 3rd Year . . . How pathetic to use it after a 1 and done in the 1st year of His New Contract

This was the argument they used to justify all this madness

mugsybows

Reaction score
Its clear that dallas can’t get by with a just ok qb. Go back to every time we have won a superbowl and you could make argument that dallas had the best qb in the league. Look at the teams that have won superbowl/ get to the big games constantly. They have top3 qbs. There are the occasional lightning in a bottle teams that win a Super Bowl and I think dallas thinks one year that can be them but so far they have proven it will be not. Were stuck with dak but imo dallas will only get back to the promise land when they draft or trade for a qb that is considered best/ in the top 3 of league. Until then I think more of the same.

NotForLong

Reaction score
The only thing i can think of, and idk what cap ramifications it would have, is that guy in Seattle wants a fresh start. Could a Wilson for Dak trade be possible?
Nobody wants Dak and Nobody wants that contract . . .
The only people who wanted Dak to have that contract was The Dak Fan Boys who thought it Justified Dak's Worth

This has all been a sick joke since 2016

And now its about to get worse for the next 2 years

Media is gonna turn on him for tge ref comment

And Parsons can only hold His tongue for another year

Its gonna be a sheet show for the next 2 years
:facepalm:

ScalperX

Reaction score
What do you think the Packers think having arguably the best QB in the league and only winning 1 Super Bowl in the 13 years he’s started? This is a team game. Dak didn’t play well the last half of the season, but thinking he can win when the TEAM constantly digs themselves in holes with penalties/mistakes, no running game, bad run D, suspect play calling, etc… is a little delusional.

So the question is what makes everyone want to go through the QB carousel for several years to luck into a top 3 QB? And let’s say we get this magical QB who can do it all… that still doesn’t guarantee a thing if the team around him is mediocre (aka Rodgers). Wouldn’t you rather be competitive every year with a decent QB that could possibly win it all with the right team around him?

TWOK11

Reaction score
How anyone can watch the three other teams in our division and think “yeah, that’s the sort of QB situation Dallas should aim for” is beyond my powers of comprehension.

Lots of young fans here who never had to endure 2000-2005, and older fans who have seemingly forgotten. You want to go back to the days of Drew Henson and Chad Hutchinson? A time when 87 year old Vinny Testeverde was thought of as decent around here?

No thanks