Everyone is predicting a safety, tight end or DT with our first pick but maybe more important

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Lael Collins replacement. I don't see how so many around here are overlooking the fact that this guy is probably 95% gone after this season and RT is nothing to mess around with. I could easily see us drafting a tackle at 58 if there is a good one available. Haven't done much homework this year but if anyone has any prospects to throw at me who might go in that range of mid 2nd - early 3rd any info is a appreciated.

morasp

Reaction score
Lael Collins replacement. I don't see how so many around here are overlooking the fact that this guy is probably 95% gone after this season and RT is nothing to mess around with. I could easily see us drafting a tackle at 58 if there is a good one available. Haven't done much homework this year but if anyone has any prospects to throw at me who might go in that range of mid 2nd - early 3rd any info is a appreciated.
On Talking Cowboys they thought either Fleming or Williams would take over if he doesn't improve.

Beaker42

Reaction score
On Talking Cowboys they thought either Fleming or Williams would take over if he doesn't improve.
What? If he doesn’t improve? But but I read here from several posters who’ve stated La’el is just fine at RT. He’s a freaking turnstile is what he is. He’s a LG and they shoved him into the RT hole. Some of our decisions are just asinine.

conner01

Reaction score
Collins will be the RT this year
The future is the concern because I don’t see him getting a 3rd contract
As for the OP I think if the talent was there at 58 it might be the pick
The problem is I don’t see the quality at 58 being near as good as other positions
I suspect the plan is Fleming next year and draft a guy for the future

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
My worry with Collins is he is coming of Rotator Cuff surgery.

That is a major surgery and nobody is acting like it is a big deal.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Williams will be the RT in 2020. We can draft a guard to replace him next year

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I know you have to plan for the future, but you also have to try to win today. Right tackle is not currently a pressing need. It might not even end up being a need next year, depending on how Collins plays, if we end up moving Williams, etc.

An argument could be made that we need to upgrade right tackle, but I think there's less of a need there than at some other positions, specifically the ones you mentioned.

Reaction score
You can't go wrong picking an offensive lineman early to middle of the draft if one falls to you, just like Williams did last year. That's 5 positions needed to play at a high level to support their bread and butter running game and to block for a QB that needs extra time to make his reads. They've got an iffy center and LT with health problems and an RT who may be on his way out.

Sydla

Reaction score
No people aren’t forgetting it.

Many just realize you should t have to use yet another premium draft pick to get a good OL. If they take an OT in the 2nd round that would mean they now have three first round picks and two second round picks on our OL.

kskboys

Reaction score
This is a terrible draft for OL's. Any OL we take is going to be very iffy or a project.

Maybe Udoh or Bars in the 5th or later.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I said months ago that OT is a big need position.

They're in bad shape if Tyron is out for a significant number of games. Flemming is not a great option at LT beyond a game or two. He might be OK longer term at RT.

They really need to draft an OT that has legit LT ability. That player could become the starting RT but could move to LT if Tyron was out for multiple games.

Greg Little and Bobby Evans were local visits (went to HS in Allen).

kskboys

Reaction score
I said months ago that OT is a big need position.

They're in bad shape if Tyron is out for a significant number of games. Flemming is not a great option at LT beyond a game or two. He might be OK longer term at RT.

They really need to draft an OT that has legit LT ability. That player could become the starting RT but could move to LT if Tyron was out for multiple games.

Greg Little and Bobby Evans were local visits (went to HS in Allen).
Connor Williams?

Honestly, this is not a good OT draft. I don't see Little making it to our 2nd round pick. Best bet would be to look at a big dude in the later rounds, but he'll definitely either be a project of have holes in his game.

9darter

Reaction score
What? If he doesn’t improve? But but I read here from several posters who’ve stated La’el is just fine at RT. He’s a freaking turnstile is what he is. He’s a LG and they shoved him into the RT hole. Some of our decisions are just asinine.

He was awful as a LG, too.

Mr_437

Reaction score
OT was near the top of the needs list after the playoff loss imo, I had DT, OT, S.

Still relevant but I think they feel it's cover with Fleming.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Connor Williams?

Honestly, this is not a good OT draft. I don't see Little making it to our 2nd round pick. Best bet would be to look at a big dude in the later rounds, but he'll definitely either be a project of have holes in his game.

Oli Udoh (Elon)
6-5.5, 323
85" wingspan
35-3/8 arm length
Draft Projection: 6th round

Udoh is very raw but carries his weight well and is big with a big wingspan.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
There are few projects that will be available after round 4 that I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on. Udoh is at the top of that list. We are in a situation where a guy can sit and learn for a year or two.

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score

I told a bunch of people on here weeks ago that lael likely is gone after this year. Might as well trade him in draft to move up higher