Everyone wants to blame the defense.

cowboybacker4life

Reaction score
Everyone can we please see what the defense can do when we actually have an offense that can move the ball and not turn it over on our own side of the field. Against Tampa this defense played great when the offense didn't commit a turnover. Against the Giants, Johnson and Boller gift wrapped 3 TD. The defense was playing pretty dang good until all that happens. They changed up their defensive game strategy a couple of weeks ago and i have seen improvement in our unit. I want to see how they play when the offense doesn't put them behind the 8ball. give them a chance

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
The defense played OK. They were bad at times and good at times. But the offense giving the Giants great field position over and over made the defense's performance look worse.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I don't blame the defense, I blame the offense.

Other than Mike Jenkins' ole, the offense was far worse than the defense yesterday. It wasn't even close.

links18

Reaction score
Opening drive TD that consumed about half the quarter. 5 trips to the redzone, 5 TDS. Over 200 yards of rushing. The results speak for themselves........

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2396614 said:
I don't blame the defense, I blame the offense.

Other than Mike Jenkins' ole, the offense was far worse than the defense yesterday. It wasn't even close.

Do you trade Jenkins pick 6 for a tackle on that last TD play w/ Ward? :D

dacoming

Reaction score
They were on the field too long. They started off okay but they always create a penalty on third down. Then the offense turns it over and they are back on the field. As the deficit grew, they started to quit.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
the defense sucks once Romo is back we will win 50-49 instead of any holding a team to a lower 14 points.

superpunk

Reaction score
Wait, who is this "everyone"?

I thought the defense gave it all they had against a really good offense for about three quarters yesterday. There comes a point where they can no longer hold back the waters.

Romo's coming back!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2396651 said:
Wait, who is this "everyone"?

I thought the defense gave it all they had against a really good offense for about three quarters yesterday. There comes a point where they can no longer hold back the waters.

Romo's coming back!

it seems like the defense can never play for 4 quarters.

superpunk

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2396654 said:
it seems like the defense can never play for 4 quarters.
They were on the field for 20 minutes in the first half and allowed 14 points.

You can't ask any more than that from a defense, IMO. They had nothing left by the end of the game, because every time they stopped the Giants they ended up RIGHT back on the field 3 minutes later.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Dallas;2396635 said:
Do you trade Jenkins pick 6 for a tackle on that last TD play w/ Ward?

No. The interception for a TD in the second quarter was a far bigger play than making a tackle in the middle of the fourth quarter.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2396659 said:
They were on the field for 20 minutes in the first half and allowed 14 points.

You can't ask any more than that from a defense, IMO. They had nothing left by the end of the game, because every time they stopped the Giants they ended up RIGHT back on the field 3 minutes later.

That reminds me of a certain play off game last year I can't quite put my finger on it....does that remind you of one?

superpunk

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2396665 said:
That reminds me of a certain play off game last year I can't quite put my finger on it....does that remind you of one?
No.

When we played the Giants last season we dominated the time of possession in the first half, gave up a TD basically a gift from Jacques Reeves before the half, and then couldn't move the ball in the second half, screwed up on a punt return and then got it up the *** from the refs.

So it doesn't remind me of a certain playoff game at all.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Dallas;2396635 said:
Do you trade Jenkins pick 6 for a tackle on that last TD play w/ Ward? :D

I shouldn't have to choose... A nice INT doesn't mean you get to step out of the way of the ballcarrier and allow a TD later in the game.

Tractor1

Reaction score
dacoming;2396639 said:
They were on the field too long. They started off okay but they always create a penalty on third down. Then the offense turns it over and they are back on the field. As the deficit grew, they started to quit.

Third down's the key. If a team doesn't win on third down the majority of the time, it can't win. Third and seventeen, third and twelve, third and nine or ten and continuously the opposing offense is allowed to convert. The defense is the problem.

links18

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;2396681 said:
The Defense has to take some blame.

Hey SkinsandTerps, think the Terps win this Thursday? and yes you are right, the defense is partly responsible. It seems like once they let the other team convert on a third and long, often in their own territory, they cannot recover and you just know the other team is going to score.....

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2396672 said:
No.

When we played the Giants last season we dominated the time of possession in the first half, gave up a TD basically a gift from Jacques Reeves before the half, and then couldn't move the ball in the second half, screwed up on a punt return and then got it up the *** from the refs.

So it doesn't remind me of a certain playoff game at all.

Yea and they turned it around and their D pretty much smothered us in the 2nd half?? Why couldn't our D do the same thing????????