Everything open, no more mask mandate in Texas

Discussion in 'Coronavirus Zone' started by Ghost12, Mar 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rustinpeace21

Rustinpeace21 Well-Known Member

1,016 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    Didn't his boss also say we were going to open up last easter?

There's a big difference in letting new information change a directive, as opposed to just plain making stuff up.

The same people who criticize Fauci's initial mask opinions (which he has been absolutely steadfast on since April) are the same people who were calling it a hoax or similar to Y2k in MArch, and in no way cared what Fauci thought then anyway.

People only started hating Fauci when he said there was no clinical evidence that Hydroxychloriquine cured covid(which he was absolutely correct about), then he became a punching bag for covid deniers for some reason.

2. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

42,355 Messages
    35,170 Likes Received
    I don't get what the rush was? Wait a little longer for the vaccines to be distributed and then go from there. Just arrogance.....

3. rocyaice

42,355 Messages
    35,170 Likes Received
    Those numbers don't seem to be that high for the elderly or someone with a preexisting condition.

4. Quickdraw

Quickdraw Well-Known Member

835 Messages
    1,378 Likes Received
    95% is the mortality rate for people with co-morbilities.

cml750 likes this.
  5. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

3,421 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    Um, yeah, that is incorrect.

Reporting Weeks 1-52
    2019 - 2,852,610 Deaths
    2020 - 3,325,646 Deaths

6. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

26,830 Messages
    5,762 Likes Received
    That isn't true. There were more deaths in 2020 than in 2019. The totals have not yet been finalized, but it may be the highest number of people to die(all deaths) in the U.S. in a single year.

Over the past 10 years the flu has killed an average of around 37,000 people in the U.S. per year. The high during that 10 year span was around 67,000 in one year. This is not the flu. It doesn't make it the worst pandemic,either, but it certainly isn't the typical seasonal flu.

7. rocyaice

42,355 Messages
    35,170 Likes Received
  8. Streetwise

Streetwise Taco Engineer

15,008 Messages
    16,074 Likes Received
    I think the fear mongering was very successful.

9. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

28,941 Messages
    49,895 Likes Received
    Might end up there. I am not a fan and didn't become one when he was trying to host his own reality show and I expected someone to jump out and yell "live from New York, it's Cuomo's Update"!

Streetwise likes this.
  10. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

19,264 Messages
    25,347 Likes Received
    Yeah I hate it when I Google Corona stories and articles pop up from April/May 2020. So much has changed since then.

MichaelWinicki likes this.
  11. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

28,941 Messages
    49,895 Likes Received
    Yes, it was a big mistake but he admitted it.

Now, think back to the behavior of people when this first showed up. If they went crazy for toilet paper, what do you think they would have done with the masks?

Yes, I believe what he says because we all have to believe someone within the science.

MichaelWinicki likes this.
  12. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

28,941 Messages
    49,895 Likes Received
    I am sure he was getting pressure from business owners with spring break coming up in 2 weeks. I live inside the Resort in Horseshoe Bay, Hill Country, and the population quintuples during spring break and the owner of the resort and those vacation lake rental owners are hurting from this entire past year.

His own lt. governor, a true head case, was adamant about old people and the vulnerable taking care of themselves. To hell with them, we gotta go on living our lives.

Going to be interesting to see how the Mayor of Austin handles this, he and the governor are oil and water. Which makes sense since the governor is owned by oil.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    rocyaice likes this.
  13. Streetwise

Streetwise Taco Engineer

15,008 Messages
    16,074 Likes Received
    Lol

14. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

10,895 Messages
    11,487 Likes Received
    Whining about it isn't going to help. If you have been wearing the mask and feel it is effective, continue to do so. If not, suffer the consequences. I'll continue to wear the mask and maintain distance as much as possible.

15. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

28,941 Messages
    49,895 Likes Received
    I have just received my 6th email and 3rd text just today from area businesses, mostly health related, stating that masking will still be required to enter their business. No word yet from CVS or Walmart but the most interesting I got was from the local market here.

They stated that they would continue to vigilantly enforce the masking and deemed it even more important because an unmasked person entering the store has been other places without a mask and increased the odds that they are carrying the virus. I thought that was an interesting take on this.

16. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

13,245 Messages
    19,055 Likes Received
    Imagine that. The business has the freedom to decide the expectations they have of their customers in order to do business with them and government doesn’t need to mandate that it occur. Consumers also have the right to not shop where masks are required. Country used to value freedom.

cml750 and Ghost12 like this.
  17. Rustinpeace21

1,016 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    Its to protect employees, who shouldn’t have to be exposed to potentially a symptomatic people. But I’m sure people will take it as taking “freedoms” or whatever

18. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

9,537 Messages
    8,262 Likes Received
    I have no problem with any establishment's rules. It's their place, what right do I have to get mad? I've got two legs and or a car. But the day they remove the mask mandates here in NJ (like in 5-10 years) I'll just be going to the places that do not require them. I'm sure there will be those that do the exact opposite.

Ghost12 likes this.
  19. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

13,245 Messages
    19,055 Likes Received
    Yes, we will. Employees have the freedom to seek other employment if they are too scared to live their life and think a mask will protect them from a virus that has proven to spread regardless of actions taken.

kskboys and cml750 like this.
  20. Rustinpeace21

1,016 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    So you think we’d have the same exact number of cases if not a (29 million) single person wore a mask, ever?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.