Excellent quote from Mahomes Dak should read it

JBond

Reaction score
Mahomes got $477 million in guaranteed money - well over $40 million per year - and the Chiefs are able to keep a lot of other guys.

Dak is asking for less and it's a cap killer? Seems like KC is better at managing the cap than Jerry & Son. Hardly surprising. :rolleyes:

Has it occurred to anyone that Dak might not want to hitch his wagon long-term to a team that's gone nowhere since he was in pre school?
That never happened. Just saying.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
"You want to have great players around you. You don't want to be a guy that takes up all the money and then all of a sudden you're having to sign different guys that will take cheaper deals. We're going to be able to reward players and keep a lot of these guys around that have built the culture even before I was here.''

Just because Mahomes said it doesn't mean it's true.

He negotiated for every penny he could, and now is putting the best diplomatic PR spin on it possible.

aria

Reaction score
Mahomes deal is team friendly, only if the cap continues to go up every year. With the way things are going now...I don't know if the cap can go up every year anymore.

As far as Dak listening or learning from Mahomes, I have no control over that. But as a fan I want what's best for the team. And not handing out over the top contracts is what's best for the team.

The QB's contract is always going to be a teams biggest contract. That's expected. So I have more of a problem with Cooper's contract and DLaw's contract than I will with Dak's contract. Because Cooper and DLaw tend to disappear at times.
Add zeke and Jaylon to that list and I couldn’t agree more.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
He seen the big picture alright
The biggest contract in nfl history by a long shot
Mmm... this is true. Although he's a young kid at the most important position in all of Football, just won a Superbowl and knows he's the best and he's right.
He deserves the biggest contract. I can't imagine who else does.

JeremyTB

Reaction score
So Mahomes signs a contract that could be worth $503 Million and he is painting it as him taking less to help the team? lol It's the richest contract in all of sports. I never thought we would see the top Football player getting paid more than the top Baseball player.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Hey Mahomey, Can I please see your Super Bowl ring, it's been a long, long time here in Big "D"

Nexx

Reaction score
Mahomes got $477 million in guaranteed money - well over $40 million per year - and the Chiefs are able to keep a lot of other guys.

Dak is asking for less and it's a cap killer? Seems like KC is better at managing the cap than Jerry & Son. Hardly surprising. :rolleyes:

Has it occurred to anyone that Dak might not want to hitch his wagon long-term to a team that's gone nowhere since he was in pre school?

Dak needs a lot more than Mahomes though to be successful.... Dak isn't anywhere close to Mahomes and if you think he is, youre kidding yourself.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Well not after 5 or 6 years, but who knows where the salary cap will be after that. Dak and his agent will look at the contract and say wow Mahomes is getting over 45 million a year let's go get 40, lol.

Dallasfann

Reaction score

Remind us all what the Chiefs have done since Daks preschool days. You know....besides the time a superior QB won a SB for them a few months back.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Mahomes simply realized that there is nothing he can buy for 600m that 500m can't buy him, so he took less, he also knows he will make a couple hundred million in endorsements, so he took a team friendly deal. Very smart man, he will be surrounded by good players his entire career now and even his teammates will like him even more for leaving them a bigger piece of the pie
Took less than what? He didn't take less than any football player to ever play the game.

God Cowboys fans are so ridiculous. The idea that Mahomes did the Chiefs a favor is absurd. When's it going to be a favor? 2029?