Excited about McGovern + C.Williams

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
With this depth on the OL, it is the least position group to be concerned with. Actually no concerns.
I feel the same about the WR group for the most part.
DL seems like a deep group also, though we will need to see them perform. As many think this every year, only to turn out it is not as good as we wanted or thought. But on paper it is deep.
RB on paper now looks good.

Secondary, but because of the S and Jones and his hip surgery recovery. May still be an issue, and TE can go either way, depends if Witten still has it, and if Jarwin and Schultz will be allowed to play and improve.
LB still a strength too.

Biggest and only concern is the health of Tyron and his overall deterioration, which to me is a rather big concern. But i do see what u mean, for the most part OL is not a concern.

Reaction score
What might spur the move of Williams to RT is that Collins had surgery and it out until TC. Yes, Fleming might start there, but I think they give Williams a ton of snaps there in the mini camps.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It likely was not premeditated, but I’m excited about a future OL that goes T Smith, McGovern, T Fred, Z Martin, C Williams. I believe a Kellen Moore-led offense will feature a lot of traditional and bubble screens. Saw it a bunch here in Boise for BSU. I think Connor Williams’ athleticism fits well in that scheme. He is great at moving to the second level. We lose a little of Lael’s power, but that fit better with a Linehan-led power run offense. Can’t you just see a 4 wide with Cobb and Pollard at matching slots and defense having to defend a bubble screen to either, and Connor pulling out to block that DB on his side? Much smoother than Lael IMO. Oh yeah, and we probably save $10M and get a 3-4 comp pick when Lael leaves. McGovern pick was a stroke of genius IMO. We’ll see.

I liked the concept of CW playing OT even before the McGovern pick.

I expect them to at least have CW practice part time at OT in training camp. At a minimum it gives them more depth at OT for 2019.

cnuball21

Reaction score
It likely was not premeditated, but I’m excited about a future OL that goes T Smith, McGovern, T Fred, Z Martin, C Williams. I believe a Kellen Moore-led offense will feature a lot of traditional and bubble screens. Saw it a bunch here in Boise for BSU. I think Connor Williams’ athleticism fits well in that scheme. He is great at moving to the second level. We lose a little of Lael’s power, but that fit better with a Linehan-led power run offense. Can’t you just see a 4 wide with Cobb and Pollard at matching slots and defense having to defend a bubble screen to either, and Connor pulling out to block that DB on his side? Much smoother than Lael IMO. Oh yeah, and we probably save $10M and get a 3-4 comp pick when Lael leaves. McGovern pick was a stroke of genius IMO. We’ll see.

I really like the player, and think he can be a quality OG in the league.

I just don't understand how it makes sense even if we let Collins walk and move Williams to RT. Williams knock as an OT coming out was a lack of lateral agility to play OT at the next level which is why he was pegged to move inside.

I think a natural OT would've made more sense to be a swing OT in year 1 and replace Collins in year 2.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Who is to say Williams would replace Collins? Tyron is breaking down. Williams athletic ability and footwork would be so much more better at LT. Just depends if he can handle it.