Twitter: Execs say Zeke is the priority over Dak

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Three team executives were asked what they'd do, and their answers, frankly, were both surprising and unified. The answers also showed that while the NFLstill values quarterbacks above all others, there are a handful of players at other positions who are viewed by some teams as equally potent.

Elliott is seen as different. To these executives, and others, he is potentially a transformational back. One said he already is. They see him as practically unstoppable because he can create his own openings when holes in the line aren't there.

This must sting to those Dak stans and those who said Zeke at 4 was foolish (@Toruk_Makto )

Sydla

Reaction score
I hate everything about the situation we are in.

- We traded a first round pick for Cooper so you are handcuffed to him. You can't not re-sign him even if you thought you could find cheaper WRs in the draft IMO.

- Prescott is a decent, nice QB. He's not elite. He's not worth a contract that would pay him elite money in the next couple of years.

- This really has nothing to do with Elliott, himself. I am just anti-pay big money to a TB. I think the position is fairly easy (relative to other positions) in middle rounds to fill with smart drafting and I think TB contracts have the highest potential of biting one in the butt given the wear and tear on the position. And no TB has been ridden as hard as Elliott has the last few years. I'd tag him for a few years and then cut bait.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

- We traded a first round pick for Cooper so you are handcuffed to him. You can't not re-sign him even if you thought you could find cheaper WRs in the draft IMO.

- Prescott is a decent, nice QB. He's not elite. He's not worth a contract that would pay him elite money in the next couple of years.

- This really has nothing to do with Elliott, himself. I am just anti-pay big money to a TB. I think the position is fairly easy (relative to other positions) in middle rounds to fill with smart drafting and I think TB contracts have the highest potential of biting one in the butt given the wear and tear on the position. And no TB has been ridden as hard as Elliott has the last few years. I'd tag him for a few years and then cut bait.
Pay Amari, Pay Zeke, Tag dak these next two years and draft a QB (assuming he wants more than Wentz)

John813

Reaction score
Three random team executives, I assume? IE possibly the Steelers, Titans etc.
Not that it means much...

Dallas is going to re-sign those three. There is no upcoming cap crunch and they have to pick two out of the three scenario. Priority wise Dak and Amari are #1 and #2 due to their impending UFA status. Zeke, has another year left before he could potentially walk.

Zeke may be a generational back, but he isn't a threat to leave in 2020, which is why Dak is the guy being brought up as getting re-signed this offseason.

Like it or not, the top guys in Dallas like Dak. So that's that. The owner/gm/son like dak and want to keep him. It doesn't matter what 31 other teams think of Dak when all accounts are that J&S are sold on Dak.

HungryLion

Reaction score

I don’t understand why you hate the situation. The cowboys have plenty of space to sign all 3.

If you sign Zeke to a 5 year deal now. He will be 28 during the last year of his deal.

Contract would probably be structured where you can cut him after 4 if you want, when he is only 27 years old.

I see no reason to believe Zeke isn’t still productive until 27 years old.

InTheZone

Reaction score

While I agree paying a RB top dollar sounds unappealing, a rb like Zeke can do it all and his age isn't a concern for hitting a wall. If he's going to be anything like AP playing at a high level at any age it would be dumb to not keep him. We won't need to pay him anyway until after the 2020 season.

As for Cooper, there is zero chance the cowboys don't resign him. They knew what they were doing when they traded a 1st for him.

As for Dak if he's going to get market value then what's the harm in waiting a year when his contract is up? And I'm still all for a bottom feeder coming along offering everything they possibly can if a team feels he's worth that.

Btw I don't see any of these 3 not being signed.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
This is true.

Drafting Zeke at 4 was still dumb, and Dak is still going to get $30m+

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What execs specifically? I find it hard to believe anyone close to the situation would pick anyone but Prescott. That just makes sense. Why? Because he's the only player of the three that is clearly in negotiations. This isn't about Prescott, it's about the most important position in the NFL. The QB.