Twitter: Execs say Zeke is the priority over Dak

Nav22

Reaction score
Prescott is nowhere near an elite talent. Zeke is a generational talent. Dak can't perform without Zeke.
“Generational talent” yeah, just like DeMarco Murray was! Great signing by the Eagles!

Paying RBs big money never backfires because of their extraordinarily long shelf lives!

Dak’s 4-3 as a starter without the guy who he “can’t perform without”. How good was Troy without Emmitt again?
:lmao2:

Over $30 mil/year for Dak. He wins, you lose.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
“Generational talent” yeah, just like DeMarco Murray was! Great signing by the Eagles!

Paying RBs big money never backfires because of their extraordinarily long shelf lives!

Dak’s 4-3 as a starter without the guy who he “can’t perform without”. How good was Troy without Emmitt again?

Over $30 mil/year for Dak. He wins, you lose.

I'm pretty sure nobody was ever referring to Murray as a generational talent. Murray could pump out some good runs. Zeke changes the opponents entire game plan. nice try tho, 5 year old

Nav22

Reaction score
Oh trust me, I know. But thats the Dak-Stan “proof” that he can perform without Zeke.
Nothing funnier than a guy with a Dez Bryant avatar arguing against paying a good QB what he’s worth on the open market.

The toughest position to play in all of sports. The toughest position for teams to fill in all of sports.

For 88’s sake, let’s hope he can bounce back and sign somewhere for the vet minimum! Fingers crossed!

InTheZone

Reaction score
You guarantee that Elliott will be AP? That's the problem. There's been a very, very small number of TBs that have done what AP has done.
Not at all what I said. But as of now there's no indication Elliott is slowing down. Elliott could possibly be one of those like TO and AP where they can play at any age, just need to stay healthy.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Nothing funnier than a guy with a Dez Bryant avatar arguing against paying a good QB what he’s worth on the open market.

The toughest position to play in all of sports. The toughest position for teams to fill in all of sports.

For 88’s sake, let’s hope he can bounce back and sign somewhere for the vet minimum! Fingers crossed!
Damn youre corny

tenor.gif

Nav22

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure nobody was ever referring to Murray as a generational talent. Murray could pump out some good runs. Zeke changes the opponents entire game plan. nice try tho, 5 year old
Hahahhaha Murray cranked out a Cowboys record 1,845 rush yards in a season.

PRODUCTION is what matters, clown.

Was Emmitt Smith a generational talent? He ran a 4.6 in the combine which caused him to drop all the way to 17th overall.
“DURRRRRR ZEKE’S BETTER!!” :laugh:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm not defending Prescott, I'm defending the QB position. There is no greater position of importance on an NFL team. RBs are not, you can literally get productive ones in any round. Of course I want to keep Elliott, but if the staff were prioritizing Elliott over Prescott then why is there zero extension talk with Zeke?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Prescott is nowhere near an elite talent. Zeke is a generational talent. Dak can't perform without Zeke.

Generational talents show up when needed vs the Rams. As forDak not being elite, he completed 70% of his passes when Copper arrived. So what doea he have to do to complete % wise to be elite?

HungryLion

Reaction score
True but it is a great point.

We will have to lose (wont have $ to re-sign) other top players because we wont be able to afford it eventually.

Knowing this team’s history, are you confident that we can wit it all solely relying on the offense?

Because if you pay all 3, you lose Byron most likely, Quinn, M. Collins, Crawford etc..

I hear ya Willie.

I honestly don’t trust them to build a super bowl squad anyway. As long as they are set on keeping jason Garret as the HC and not valuing the importance of coaching.

But yeah being offensively top heavy hasn’t gotten us past the divisional round yet.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I'm not defending Prescott, I'm defending the QB position. There is no greater position of importance on an NFL team. RBs are not, you can literally get productive ones in any round. Of course I want to keep Elliott, but if the staff were prioritizing Elliott over Prescott then why is there zero extension talk with Zeke?
Probably changed their position once they found out what Dak wants.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I love how you’re so into this thread of yours.

As if this will have any impact whatsoever on, you know, what will actually happen with Dak’s contract.

You know your bottom lip will be quivering when Dak signs his new deal. You know he’ll win. You know you’ll lose.

But bless you for enjoying your final days before Dak takes a FILTHY dump all over that pretty face of yours.
:thumbup:
Lip will be quivering?

Log off bro :lmao2:

cern

Reaction score
I can understand the logic to this argument. zeke is one of a kind. the best rb in the nfl imo. I could also see it as a subtle negotiating ploy to all three men. don't know which execs they spoke to, but I doubt any was named jerry, stephen, or will.

Reactions: G2

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
All 3 will get resigned. I just wish the Cowboys would make that happen BEFORE camp.

Tired of this ongoing drama already. Just do it Cowboys!

I understand wanting it to be done because of the drama. I just don't think it's the smart thing to do.

I expect all three to be re-signed, but don't see any reason to rush to do it. Yes, the cost will go up, but so will the cap. Meanwhile, if something happens to any of them or they prove not worthy of the deal, you are stuck with it if you pay them big money now.

Cooper would be my only consideration this year, just because of his current deal being for $14 million this year.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Ya, without Zeke, who will we sign to plug in and get us the 1,400-1,500 yards per season?
Oh mercy.. for someone that is obviously a doors fan,, you just opened up one big door brother..