Twitter: Execs say Zeke is the priority over Dak

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Address the point in the article, you angry loser or exit stage left
I addressed you.

But Zeke being a priority over Dak isn't surprising. Zeke is a great player. Dak is not. Zeke will be cheaper. Dak will sign one of the biggest contracts in NFL history.

I don't want to sign either to an extention. I'd sign Zeke before Dak 11 times of 10.

Also name calling is highly correlated with low intelligence and achievement.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hate everything about the situation we are in.

- We traded a first round pick for Cooper so you are handcuffed to him. You can't not re-sign him even if you thought you could find cheaper WRs in the draft IMO.

- Prescott is a decent, nice QB. He's not elite. He's not worth a contract that would pay him elite money in the next couple of years.

- This really has nothing to do with Elliott, himself. I am just anti-pay big money to a TB. I think the position is fairly easy (relative to other positions) in middle rounds to fill with smart drafting and I think TB contracts have the highest potential of biting one in the butt given the wear and tear on the position. And no TB has been ridden as hard as Elliott has the last few years. I'd tag him for a few years and then cut bait.
Key phrase, “I hate everything...” just like I’ve said over and over. I knew it wouldn’t take you long to spew your hate in this thread.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t understand why you hate the situation. The cowboys have plenty of space to sign all 3.

If you sign Zeke to a 5 year deal now. He will be 28 during the last year of his deal.

Contract would probably be structured where you can cut him after 4 if you want, when he is only 27 years old.

I see no reason to believe Zeke isn’t still productive until 27 years old.
Don’t you get it? @Sydla hates everything and everyone.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The author is Mike Freeman who has a pretty good reputation as a NFL writer. I doubt what he said was fabricated. Now maybe the execs were using a little gamesmanship here but claiming the story has to be fabricated is funny but also expected from people that simply can't handle certain narratives. So in that case, well then, the stories have to be made up.
He has a horrible reputation as an NFL writer. :lmao:

HungryLion

Reaction score
I addressed you.

But Zeke being a priority over Dak isn't surprising. Zeke is a great player. Dak is not. Zeke will be cheaper. Dak will sign one of the biggest contracts in NFL history.

I don't want to sign either to an extention. I'd sign Zeke before Dak 11 times of 10.

Meanwhile looking down on other people is a sign of a fantastic person.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Wrong.

Dak should hold out without some significant down payment on his likely upcoming full contract.

He shouldn't play for 2mil with 100mil gtd coming soon. Too large a risk.

I've thought we should extend his contract 1 year at franchise price, and give him half of that this year and half next.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I addressed you.

More anger

You were wrong. Admit it. Youre stance was foolish then, as it is now. And you obviously didnt read the article. The execs belive Zeke is a transformational type of back that they would rather pay than a “good” Qb in their eyes.

Elliott is seen as different. To these executives, and others, he is potentially a transformational back. One said he already is. They see him as practically unstoppable because he can create his own openings when holes in the line aren't there.

They say he's mostly durable, extremely productive and, at just 23 years old, has a minimum of five good years left at a high level. In three years, he's amassed 4,048 yards and 28 rushing touchdowns.

To get this type of player at number 4 sounds like a smart idea to me as well as the other knowledgeable/informed fans...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
NO wonder why you think otherwise

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Moot, because we’ll sign all three, but it’s stupid to suggest a team would or should value a RB it has a fifth year option on over a QB it doesn’t.
There you go making sense again!! You're no fun!

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
When Zeke doesnt play, Dak doesnt play like a top-25 QB which is basically their point
I know it was against a banged up, basement-dwelling Giants team, but he looked salty in Week 17 last year. If they are basing that decision on Dak's performance in 2017, well, let's just say I wouldn't hang my hat solely on a sophomore player's performance. (I know this makes it seem like I think Zeke isn't important. He absolutely is. Too many people are sleeping on Dak's development just because he doesn't look like Wentz and Mahomes)

cern

Reaction score
Powers to be laughing as they gage fan reaction to this matter.

Ken

Reaction score

I mean...i understand why they would say this after reading the article. It just isn't factual. Take away Dak and put Cooper Rush in there and watch how pedestrian Zeke becomes. He would be beat to hell.

Dak is priority. Cooper is next. Zeke either takes a 3 year big dollar avg deal or he will play out his contract and then be franchised and let to walk. Watch.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
3 executives just happening to talk to Bleacher Report, yeah, I'm not buying it. This is just offseason pot stirring.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
As I said in the other thread on this subject

When I think of a 1000 yard rusher with no QB and shoddy WR play 2015 comes to mind. I'll pass.