Twitter: Execs say Zeke is the priority over Dak

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
More anger

You were wrong. Admit it. Youre stance was foolish then, as it is now. And you obviously didnt read the article. The execs belive Zeke is a transformational type of back that they would rather pay than a “good” Qb in their eyes.

To get this type of player at number 4 sounds like a smart idea to me as well as the other knowledgeable/informed fans...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
NO wonder why you think otherwise
What was I wrong about?

You seem to not even understand the argument.

It is nuanced I'll admit. And perhaps beyond you.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Wait & see with Dak's contract - if he shows significant improvement then sign him long-term. If he stays about the same then franchise him.
I would look to draft a Running Back in the first three rounds next draft.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
They didn't name the 3 teams...... Could be the worst 3 teams in the league and the execs thinking that a RB with 2 years is a bigger priority than a franchise QB with 1 year left is the reason their teams are garbage.

But the Dak haters will jump all over it because they think it's something negative about Dak.

Reactions: G2

rags747

Reaction score
I hate everything about the situation we are in.

- We traded a first round pick for Cooper so you are handcuffed to him. You can't not re-sign him even if you thought you could find cheaper WRs in the draft IMO.

- Prescott is a decent, nice QB. He's not elite. He's not worth a contract that would pay him elite money in the next couple of years.

- This really has nothing to do with Elliott, himself. I am just anti-pay big money to a TB. I think the position is fairly easy (relative to other positions) in middle rounds to fill with smart drafting and I think TB contracts have the highest potential of biting one in the butt given the wear and tear on the position. And no TB has been ridden as hard as Elliott has the last few years. I'd tag him for a few years and then cut bait.
Agreed he is not Elite, but I do believe he has Elite Leadership skills which someway and somehow this team seems to buy into. There are others that I would prefer, but Dak is special in some areas...I think he has IT!

aaev84

Reaction score
Three random team executives, I assume? IE possibly the Steelers, Titans etc.
Not that it means much...

Dallas is going to re-sign those three. There is no upcoming cap crunch and they have to pick two out of the three scenario. Priority wise Dak and Amari are #1 and #2 due to their impending UFA status. Zeke, has another year left before he could potentially walk.

Zeke may be a generational back, but he isn't a threat to leave in 2020, which is why Dak is the guy being brought up as getting re-signed this offseason.

Like it or not, the top guys in Dallas like Dak. So that's that. The owner/gm/son like dak and want to keep him. It doesn't matter what 31 other teams think of Dak when all accounts are that J&S are sold on Dak.

Who would get more open market interest hypothetically? Dak or Zeke? Do you think Dak would get a larger salary than Wentz from another ballclub if Dallas let him test the FA market?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
h

Talent comes in 1st place when it comes to Money!
Zeke will be extended,Coop has us by the neck as we invested a no 1 so get ready to PAY him or better yet overpay him!
Dak well unless he's willing to take a real and I mean real team FRIENDLY deal he will start without a new contract.

P.S. Have no doubt Dak doesn't have the talent to sit out.......

Them

Reaction score
...Think Dak will get a contract...Think Amari will get a contract....think Zeke will get a stall, play this season then be franchised...then..???

Johnny23

Reaction score
Generational talents show up when needed vs the Rams. As forDak not being elite, he completed 70% of his passes when Copper arrived. So what doea he have to do to complete % wise to be elite?
This is ridiculous as usual. I can think of a playoff game Walter Payton had that wasn't so good. It didn't stop him from being Walter Payton.

Rayman70

Reaction score
THIS IS FAKE NEWS. Zeke is playing on his rookie deal this year and next. IF we do a deal with him now, it would be foolish. Dak is getting done first. I would actually do Coopers deal first, but hey...that's just me.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I don’t understand why you hate the situation. The cowboys have plenty of space to sign all 3.

If you sign Zeke to a 5 year deal now. He will be 28 during the last year of his deal.

Contract would probably be structured where you can cut him after 4 if you want, when he is only 27 years old.

I see no reason to believe Zeke isn’t still productive until 27 years old.
Good point DP!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
THIS IS FAKE NEWS. Zeke is playing on his rookie deal this year and next. IF we do a deal with him now, it would be foolish. Dak is getting done first. I would actually do Coopers deal first, but hey...that's just me.

lol.......:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:....Dak 40 million a year then everyone else!!!!!:muttley:

Hadenough

Reaction score
True but it is a great point.

We will have to lose (wont have $ to re-sign) other top players because we wont be able to afford it eventually.

Knowing this team’s history, are you confident that we can wit it all solely relying on the offense?

Because if you pay all 3, you lose Byron most likely, Quinn, M. Collins, Crawford etc..
What Dallas should do is wait on Zeke to see if Dak is developing enough to carry this team. Use the other RBs more telling Zeke they want to preserve him for the playoffs but really trying to figure out if they can get by with out Zeke. I think they can beat the lesser teams like the Giants but they wont beat the Seahawks or Eagles without Zeke. Once Zeke is gone Amari is getting double teamed and defenses will play man to man and force Dak to beat em in the air with accurate passes. Defense must get paid if they are productive.