Twitter: Execs say Zeke is the priority over Dak

starfan1

Reaction score
Saturday morning pleasure reading gives me a laugh. All 3 will be signed anyone who thinks differently is in denial and could possibly fall into hater category

That said the position that zeke plays and his off field issues make him priority 3 in my book. Not because of talent because I believe he’s the most talented of 3 but he is also the most stupid it appears and also it’s proven that the position he plays is more expendable .

I don’t want to lose any of them but if we’re losing one tony pollard and mike Weber you’re up. And quite frankly lining up with Dak and one of those 2 sounds better to me than lining up with zeke and cooper rush or mike white or any other has been back up you want to throw in with the possibility of losing zeke because of his decision making sounds better to me

Rayman70

Reaction score
Amari ought to be priority 1. THEN DAK. Zeke should be an afterthought at this point, for several reasons. The main reason being he is under contract for the next 2 years.. I wouldn't look at his deal til next off season.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anyone remember those whippings we took when Zeke was out...Eagels-Bolts-Falcons....
When we went 15 str8 Quarters without 1 TD?
Zeke can make any Scrub QB look good.....!!!!!
That’s more because of the run heavy offense Linehan used than an indictment on Dak. I get your character only allows you to ***** about everything but learn some football first before inserting your foot in your mouth.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Wrong.

Dak should hold out without some significant down payment on his likely upcoming full contract.

He shouldn't play for 2mil with 100mil gtd coming soon. Too large a risk.

I've thought we should extend his contract 1 year at franchise price, and give him half of that this year and half next.
maybe...but if he doesn't play, he can't get that last year out of his contract to be eligible for FA..... and he may come across as discontent type player, and will make some teams shy. yes, it would also leave cowboys in a tough situation, but cowboys in that case may swing for a trade for a mid level QB. I don't think its a good idea for him to hold out.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Lots of hostility in this thread.

giphy.gif

I blame months of nothing substantial to discuss and 4,396 threads about Dak's contract. :muttley:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s more because of the run heavy offense Linehan used than an indictment on Dak. I get your character only allows you to ***** about everything but learn some football first before inserting your foot in your mouth.

I know I know the truth "Stings" but what are you going to do the fans have eyes and saw how we went from 5-3 to 6-6 and out of the playoffs once Zeke was out.
Sorry...... we that are NOT Dak-Blind live in reality.......

408Cowboy

Reaction score
h

Talent comes in 1st place when it comes to Money!
Zeke will be extended,Coop has us by the neck as we invested a no 1 so get ready to PAY him or better yet overpay him!
Dak well unless he's willing to take a real and I mean real team FRIENDLY deal he will start without a new contract.

P.S. Have no doubt Dak doesn't have the talent to sit out.......
The idea of Dak sitting out never made sense to me. You're also the only person I see mention it so that at least does make sense.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The idea of Dak sitting out never made sense to me. You're also the only person I see mention it so that at least does make sense.

When your QB best attribute is his running you don't pay him 30 million a year and ya his possible hold out is really a non-factor...

408Cowboy

Reaction score
When your QB best attribute is his running you don't pay him 30 million a year and ya his possible hold out is really a non-factor...

Why do you ever even mention a hold out if it's a non factor? You started and seem to be the only one to ever talk about it.

Little Jr

Reaction score
It's pretty simple, if you think Dak is a franchise QB then he's the top priority over Zeke. If you don't think he is, then you put Zeke over Dak. I'm assuming the executive doesn't think Dak is a franchise QB. If he thinks he is and still puts Zeke as priority over Dak then I'm glad he's not a part of our FO, and that's saying something since I'm not high on our FO. You never put a priority over a franchise QB,especially a RB.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Prescott will get signed this year.
Cooper will get signed next year.
Elliott will get signed after.

Qcard

Reaction score
Pay Amari, Pay Zeke, Tag dak these next two years and draft a QB (assuming he wants more than Wentz)
Usually very poorly thought out opinions can be exposed once you carry out the opinion to the next step.....

If you tag Dak over the next 2 seasons (after Mahomes or "latest hot QB" get contracts) the average of the top 5 QB salaries will likely be more than Wentz's deal.....so your solution and expected result don't add up...

Very poor way to run a franchise

cern

Reaction score
The dullest tool is always put near the back of the shed. Hope you make your way out someday.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

This again is one sportswriter's opinion. He states there are 3 execs who said this without saying who they are. During this opinion piece he said "This is the view stated by a few people from across the huge corporation that is professional football;" which makes me wonder just who these "execs" are. There are only TWO execs with the Cowboys that matter, Jerry and Stephen, and this sportswriter didn't name them because they would have made a comment about it. Just another article to get people to click on to earn him more money.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Usually very poorly thought out opinions can be exposed once you carry out the opinion to the next step.....

If you tag Dak over the next 2 seasons (after Mahomes or "latest hot QB" get contracts) the average of the top 5 QB salaries will likely be more than Wentz's deal.....so your solution and expected result don't add up...

Very poor way to run a franchise
I was actually being generous...

A very poor way to run this franchise is to give an average QB, elite money. We would be the laughing stocks of the league if we give this bum $34m a year.

Oh and btw, $35m over two years ($70m guaranteed) is much better than giving this scrub $110m guaranteed and being stuck with him for the next 5 seasons

Qcard

Reaction score
I was actually being generous...

A very poor way to run this franchise is to give an average QB, elite money. We would be the laughing stocks of the league if we give this bum $34m a year.

Oh and btw, $35m over two years ($70m guaranteed) is much better than giving this scrub $110m guaranteed and being stuck with him for the next 5 seasons
Another lesson in carrying out flawed opinion....

NFL Execs don't discuss priority in new contracts between "scrubs" QB and Elite RBs like Zeke....

Rational fan generosity never consider giving a "scrub" QB $70 million over 2yrs.

S