Twitter: Execs say Zeke is the priority over Dak

Haimerej

Reaction score
You guarantee that Elliott will be AP? That's the problem. There's been a very, very small number of TBs that have done what AP has done.

You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger fan of AD. I followed him all throughout college and the pros. Elliott is better, though.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
"crap like is what hurts my vag. I'll have to find 10 hero worship reports on Dak to offset this". "granny can you bring me some midol?"

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
RBs are a dime a dozen these days. Pay Cooper big, Dak average, and franchise Zeke a couple of times, he will be wore out after that. I like Zeke, but is he going to get suspended for something stupid?

It is a business, can't pay everybody, we've made that mistake before.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
RBs are a dime a dozen these days. Pay Cooper big, Dak average, and franchise Zeke a couple of times, he will be wore out after that. I like Zeke, but is he going to get suspended for something stupid?

It is a business, can't pay everybody, we've made that mistake before.
:hammer:

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
Pay Amari, Pay Zeke, Tag dak these next two years and draft a QB (assuming he wants more than Wentz)

I would’ve even tag Dak. I would go ahead and give what I had to give to go up and get whoever I thought was the top QB in the 2020 draft. Then you’re setting yourself up with what should be a talented young QB who has a good receiver and great running game for the 3-4 years before you have to pay him

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I was actually being generous...

A very poor way to run this franchise is to give an average QB, elite money. We would be the laughing stocks of the league if we give this bum $34m a year.

Oh and btw, $35m over two years ($70m guaranteed) is much better than giving this scrub $110m guaranteed and being stuck with him for the next 5 seasons

Willie, you arguing with yourself if you believe he's a $35M QB.......lol
Think about, he's "bum" in one sentence and a $35M QB in another........LOL

starfan1

Reaction score
Neither do I. Elliott can catch, block, and doesn't fumble as much.
Lol that’s fair but Elliott does not have that crazy speed and cut ability AP has . It’s a bit early for any AP comparison Elliott has run behind much better lines than AP

dckid

Reaction score
I hate everything about the situation we are in.

- We traded a first round pick for Cooper so you are handcuffed to him. You can't not re-sign him even if you thought you could find cheaper WRs in the draft IMO.

- Prescott is a decent, nice QB. He's not elite. He's not worth a contract that would pay him elite money in the next couple of years.

- This really has nothing to do with Elliott, himself. I am just anti-pay big money to a TB. I think the position is fairly easy (relative to other positions) in middle rounds to fill with smart drafting and I think TB contracts have the highest potential of biting one in the butt given the wear and tear on the position. And no TB has been ridden as hard as Elliott has the last few years. I'd tag him for a few years and then cut bait.
My thought exactly. There will be a bunch of hate spewed at you.
The Cooper trade is process to over results. We got a great result from that trade but our process going into 2018 was horrible. We got rid of Dez which is fine but we never addressed our offense through signing any FA w’s Or TE’s. And the FO is surprised our offense was inept. Then Jerry trades a potential top 8 pick for Cooper. Even the FO never thought we would go 3-5 to 10-6 and win the division. Cooper was a long term investment. Again the result was good but how you got there was horrendous.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I would’ve even tag Dak. I would go ahead and give what I had to give to go up and get whoever I thought was the top QB in the 2020 draft. Then you’re setting yourself up with what should be a talented young QB who has a good receiver and great running game for the 3-4 years before you have to pay him
Give up whatever for what should be good.

Sounds promising.:facepalm: