RELEASED Experiment Over; Cowboys Waive TE Rico Gathers

Beaker42

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/experiment-over-cowboys-waive-te-rico-gathers

OXNARD, Calif. - he Cowboys have apparently seen enough of the Rico Gathers experiment, deciding to cut the tight end on Monday here at training camp.

Gathers was entering his fourth camp with the team, and had seemingly improved every year, going from the practice squad in 2016-17 to the active roster last year in 2018, when he played 15 games, including four starts.

But here at camp, Gathers hadn’t made a big impact, and also suffered a minor ankle injury that kept him out a few days........
We got hit with the Rico Statute.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
This wasn’t about his ability to play TE.

I don’t think Rico wanted to be in camp.

He stayed by himself mostly and didn’t seem to have many friends.

Plus Dallas added another DB after the cut.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
usa_today_13119904.0.jpg

When will the pain subside??

John813

Reaction score
Why do you guys hate rap so much.. Im curious now to know if it was this much hate when our o-line in the past formed their own rock band. Is it only a problem when players like to make rap music during their free time.. or is it just players making any kind of music during their free time. Can someone help me out here?

Yes, free reign got some "love" here. But two of the three members were starters in Davis and Colombo, so that lowered the amount of crap they got. I think the third was Costa but I'm going off memory now.

I think some on here think a player needs to be football fixed 24/7/365 days a year. Bease got hated on too.
Think even Landry(Jarvis) got flack too when it was posted here and in the dolphins board fwiw.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Why do you guys hate rap so much.. Im curious now to know if it was this much hate when our o-line in the past formed their own rock band. Is it only a problem when players like to make rap music during their free time.. or is it just players making any kind of music during their free time. Can someone help me out here?

I hate rap, country music, and opera. I love rock, reggae, blues and jazz.

Just in case you were suggesting something about people who hate rap music.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
This wasn’t about his ability to play TE.

I don’t think Rico wanted to be in camp.

He stayed by himself mostly and didn’t seem to have many friends.

Plus Dallas added another DB after the cut.

So you have intimate knowledge of the training camp dynamic?

dcstar

Reaction score
...Jarwin, Jarwin, Jarwin

In all seriousness...I think Jarwin is gonna be more than serviceable.

Go Cowboys!

dcstar

Reaction score
Interesting thread

Rico Gathers, the MAN, the MYTH, the LEGEND who wasted good air and took a roster spot away from a deserving young man for several years based on a basketball profile. Glad this tool got his walking papers.

Mr Jarwin on the other hand...seems like the real deal. He's worked hard at his craft and appears he will make a huge jump this year.

Better?

I preferred my cliff notes version and...granted it took a little imagination to get there...but to each their own.

Go Cowboys!

dcstar

Reaction score
I got into the locked supply of CDC oil. They don't know we got the combo.

Go Cowboys!

lockster

Reaction score
Because rap is about all the bad disrespectful things in life. Capping ppl. , Being a pimp, selling drugs, using drugs, beating ppl. Up, pride in being in ignorance, trying to be cool so Ur above or better than others, being mean, vengeful, greed, materialism. Essentially, living an empty selfish life.