Explain the JJ "rumor" before the game?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by FLCowboyFan, Jan 19, 2022.

1. FLCowboyFan

FLCowboyFan Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.

4,954 Messages
    3,543 Likes Received
    The game is the game and we all have to get over the turd bucket that it was. But I'm still totally perplexed by the whole set of stories coming out that Jerry "may" make sweeping changes if they lost. This was the title on NBC Sports "Report: Jones could change coaches if Cowboys lose to 49ers".

This could be total guessing on the part of the media but I could have sworn that it was based on a interview in Dallas that Jerry gave before the game. Is this true? If so, why on earth would Jerry do that and then stay the course afterward? It certainly didn't help the team to play better?

2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

63,258 Messages
    74,922 Likes Received
    Probably just the media trying to get attention and clicks.

Looks like a status quo off-season is incoming.

Probably going to have to cut some good players because of bad contracts like Dak’s.

Silly, gmb1, lostar2009 and 14 others like this.
  3. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

8,886 Messages
    9,582 Likes Received
    The media was trying to stir up drama. As much as I think MM is an average coach, you can’t fire him after the improvements the team made. The Cowboys actually made it as far as they could go. Dak had the ball with two minutes to go, three timeouts, and three injured 49ers. He will never get a better chance to engineer a comeback playoff victory again. If MM had Rodgers we win that game. Dak is paid more then Rodgers.:facepalm::facepalm:

JustChip, glimmerman and 5Stars like this.
  4. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

7,103 Messages
    7,297 Likes Received
    They will restructure and keep who they wanna keep and I think you know that.

5. Pantone282C

Pantone282C Well-Known Member

8,118 Messages
    12,063 Likes Received
    Click bait headlines. Read the full stories and you will see the essence of the story is not the same.

6. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

21,441 Messages
    16,094 Likes Received
    Nope. Some good players won't be retained because of bad contracts. They will be replaced by scrubs.

dueyhemlock likes this.
  7. Stash

Stash Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    73,760 Messages
    91,169 Likes Received
    ‘Who they wanna keep’. That’s a nice, cloudy area to hide in so you can feel better when they inevitably lose good players.

AzorAhai and 5Stars like this.
  8. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

8,720 Messages
    13,189 Likes Received
    Two words: Click and Bait.

ShortRound and maryquality like this.
  9. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

11,095 Messages
    15,641 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones does not pay head coaches to sit on the couch. He won't fire McCarthy with three years remaining on his deal - it would be admitting failure on the one hand, and the other is that he does not want to pay someone not to work.

10. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    73,291 Messages
    154,173 Likes Received
    Well Jerry COULD do anything. He's the Owner. So it's an accurate yet meaningless report.

11. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins This is a house of learned doctors

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    11,265 Messages
    3,540 Likes Received
    Unless they are finally going to trade for Sean Payton, there is no point in firing McCarthy.

12. Hawkeye19

Hawkeye19 Well-Known Member

5,611 Messages
    15,903 Likes Received
    JJ has his head in the sand (and somewhere else dark and stinky) and is hoping and praying the vitriol will just die down.

I believe he and SJ want nothing more than to maintain status quo and “keep the band together” because “we were so close!!”

The Cowboys are and have been a laughing stock and will remain so until macro organizational change takes place.

DandyDon52 likes this.
  13. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

31,808 Messages
    26,383 Likes Received
    Per that post game interview, Jerry was more concerned with the fact this team was about to be fleeced in free agency. He was basically saying a roster that like is hard to put together and when stars do align, you have a real shot to win in a short window. It’s only a matter of time that the talent you have is pulled by other teams. So he was basically livid that many of our unrestricted FAs that played well are about to bounce.

Creeper, WillieBeamen and 5Stars like this.
  14. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    37,895 Messages
    67,935 Likes Received
    Booger will say things for effect, he likes drama. Like blaming the offense problems on route running.

15. Vanilla2

7,103 Messages
    7,297 Likes Received
    Maybe but in reality who is getting cut that NEEDS to be retained? Contracts will be restructured and players will be resigned based on the cowboys value of them. How long is that list I can’t say cuz it’s a Jones family secret, but I will say that we will land our guys. Sit tight. LoL

16. Stash

Stash Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    73,760 Messages
    91,169 Likes Received
    Again, perfectly vague.

17. pacy

pacy 82 WITTEN 82

1,855 Messages
    2,584 Likes Received
    JW Blue is a hell of a drug.

18. d_cowboy31

d_cowboy31 Well-Known Member

155 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    He could still make changes. Remember how long it took to fire Garrett? I don't think he was ever going to look outside the organization for a new head coach but if someone were to offer Moore or Quinn a head coaching job then maybe he replaces McCarthy with them.

19. Vanilla2

7,103 Messages
    7,297 Likes Received
    Smoke and mirrors my friend. The only hope I have is that we try to build around Parsons and maybe try fielding a consistently tough defense for once, but I’m not sure how many jerseys that’ll sell

Stash likes this.
  20. lkelly

lkelly Well-Known Member

4,225 Messages
    4,830 Likes Received
    I think this explains it.

[​IMG]

BAT, DasTex and Stash like this.