Extra Game Means Records Will Fall. but which ones?

John813

Reaction score
I'd say for single season passing yards will go first.
Rushing/receiving may take longer. I would say a healthy Michael Thomas could rechallenge it but not with Winston for receiving.
And I don't think Henry goes for 2k two years in a row.

Career wise I think Rice/Smith are still safe in their respective rankings.
Passing yardage could be under threat by Mahomes but too far to say. I don't think Ryan or Rodgers will be around long enough to challenge the top 3

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Since before getting injured Dak was on pace to break the passing yardage record last season, I see no reason he can't challenge it again this year.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I think all those records will fall with the rushing yards record taking the longest because it's not a running league anymore.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
The record for most consecutive seasons played with an even amount of games will fall.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
My guess is single season records may fall, such as Dickerson’s rushing record, number of catches in a year, receiving yards in a year, etc.

However, the extra game might be offset by teams resting players a little more throughout the season. For example, maybe giving Henry 20 carries per game vs 23. The extra game might cause slightly more injuries which would hurt a player’s prospect for long term records.

Season bars such as 1000 yards for RBs and WRs and 4000 yards for QBs are meaningless.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Which records are more likely to be broken with an extra game added to the regular season?

Passing yardage record?
Rushing yardage record?
Receiving yardage record?
Other?
Good point. Hadn't thought of that. Probably all of them eventually.

blueblood70

Reaction score
My guess is single season records may fall, such as Dickerson’s rushing record, number of catches in a year, receiving yards in a year, etc.

However, the extra game might be offset by teams resting players a little more throughout the season. For example, maybe giving Henry 20 carries per game vs 23. The extra game might cause slightly more injuries which would hurt a player’s prospect for long term records.

Season bars such as 1000 yards for RBs and WRs and 4000 yards for QBs are meaningless.

ummm its never meaningless they all still count the same , the records are fan thing like the word Tank LOL

it simply means those who pay attention to records will obviously be less impressive now when you see records fall.. they went through this when it went from 14-16 ..it happens..

however again the game doesnt change all yards and scores count , records are for fans and nothing changes as all players are on the same playing field so MVPs and what not still will be all on a level playing field..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Instead of being 8-8 for the next four years, we'll be 8-9.
Haters gonna hate. Right on que.
lTpNv.gif

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
i would think the rushing record will stay for a long time because the nfl is no longer a rushing league most will be broken over a short period of time but i also think that teams will have to manage players differently because of the longer season

DFWJC

Reaction score
Which records are more likely to be broken with an extra game added to the regular season?

Passing yardage record?
Rushing yardage record?
Other?
All of the above.

maybe not full career numbers, but season records will all eventually fall.
One full game extra. Of course they will

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Passing yardage record?
Rushing yardage record?
Other?

Definitely pass yardage, probably eventually rushing and receiving too along with tds but they will likely take longer.