Extra Game Means Records Will Fall. but which ones?

jrumann59

Reaction score
To tell you the truth outside of single season stats, I do not see many that will fall. The players today and the policies in place I just do not see any player being durable enough to hold up to get all-time rushing, all time receiving type stats. Those stats are built on durability.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If he even cares, Romo is smiling, as we will forever have most of the Cowboys passing records for 16 games or less.

On the other hand, Dak will probably get all the new records, until the next guy comes along.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I believe Emmitt's record is safe. Carry on....:p

It really is - rushing is measured in attempts, age and staying healthy. An extra game a season is just more wear and tear especially if you throw in some playoff games.

Emmitt's record isn't going anywhere with the vertical revolution that today's game represents.

conner01

Reaction score
It really is - rushing is measured in attempts, age and staying healthy. An extra game a season is just more wear and tear especially if you throw in some playoff games.

Emmitt's record isn't going anywhere with the vertical revolution that today's game represents.
It could actually hurt RB’s more than any position
One more game will challenge many records but rushing record is more about consistency and durability

Beaker42

Reaction score
Haters gonna hate. Right on que.
lTpNv.gif
Is that the GD Covid bat???

:angry::laugh::angry:

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Most every single-season yardage number will fall, and it won't take more than a couple of years for that to happen.
I don't see the single season rushing record falling anytime soon. You would need to average 124 ypg with a 17 game season to eclipse Dickerson's 2,105 yds. Derrick Henry might have a shot, but I suspect he will start to drop off sooner rather than later.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
To tell you the truth outside of single season stats, I do not see many that will fall. The players today and the policies in place I just do not see any player being durable enough to hold up to get all-time rushing, all time receiving type stats. Those stats are built on durability.

But then theres Mahomes...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
All of the above.

maybe not full career numbers, but season records will all eventually fall.
One full game extra. Of course they will
Of course, all records will eventually be broken but you didn't pay attention to the question. I asked which ones are most likely to be broken.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Of course, all records will eventually be broken but you didn't pay attention to the question. I asked which ones are most likely to be broken.
Sorry Joe.
Do you mean for us to pick which one will fall first?
Or which ones might fall this srason?

honest question.

i said the ones most likely—in fact certainly—that will fall so etime soon (but maybe not this year) are the volume stats.
Passing yards in a season
Rushing yards in a season
TDs
Etc

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Sorry Joe.
Do you mean for us to pick which one will fall first?
Or which ones might fall this srason?

honest question.

i said the ones most likely—in fact certainly—that will fall so etime soon (but maybe not this year) are the volume stats.
Passing yards in a season
Rushing yards in a season
TDs
Etc
First season w/ 17 regular-season games, surely that will attribute to more records falling than in previous 16 game seasons. I'm just curious which records are more likely to be broken. I think the passing yardage record will surely be broken(I think by Dak, others say Mahomes).

DFWJC

Reaction score
First season w/ 17 regular-season games, surely that will attribute to more records falling than in previous 16 game seasons. I'm just curious which records are more likely to be broken. I think the passing yardage record will surely be broken(I think by Dak, others say Mahomes).
Yeah,passing yards seems most likely
You think Dak will break the NFL passing yard record (5477 P Manning) or the Cowboys record (4903 Romo)?
For NFL record he’d also have have to lead the league this year and break the record