Extra Game Means Records Will Fall. but which ones?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah,passing yards seems most likely
You think Dak will break the NFL passing yard record (5477 P Manning) or the Cowboys record (4903 Romo)?
For NFL record he’d also have have to lead the league this year and break the record
I think Dak can eclipse 6K yards this season.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
i would think the rushing record will stay for a long time because the nfl is no longer a rushing league most will be broken over a short period of time but i also think that teams will have to manage players differently because of the longer season

Yes.
And RBs aren’t staying In league long enough to break Emmitts record.

I say that one doesn’t fall.
Maybe when they go up to 18 game seasons?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The NFL played 12 games in the 60s, then 14 in the 70s, then 16, and these questions arose each time.

Rule changes have had more to do with records falling, especially on offense, than the number of games.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Which records are more likely to be broken with an extra game added to the regular season?

Passing yardage record?
Rushing yardage record?
Receiving yardage record?
Other?

Real easy. Passing yardage record. Kiss that one goodbye as long as Dak plays all 17 games.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If he does that means the Cowboys are playing from behind, a lot. It's not a recipe for team success.
That explains why Peyton Manning's 2013 Colts only went 11-5 and made it to the divisional round of the playoffs the same season he set the current passing yardage record for a single season. :rolleyes:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Real easy. Passing yardage record. Kiss that one goodbye as long as Dak plays all 17 games.
Yes, for the team. Average 288/game and you break Romo's 4903. Possible for sure.

The league? He'll have competition for that one.

Last edited:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Which records are more likely to be broken with an extra game added to the regular season?

Passing yardage record?
Rushing yardage record?
Other?

I guess you can say it with any record, but I think most cumulative totals will drop in the next few years. Rushing yards in a season may be the toughest, but with a 17th game Henry would have passed this year

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Passing yardage record?
Rushing yardage record?
Other?

Extra games means more revenue and less me watching the NFL.

rambo2

Reaction score
The extra games mean players will be injured more and play less years and die earlier.

rambo2

Reaction score
Also, defensive backs will continue to quit tackling to avoid injury.

robertfchew

Reaction score
I think all those records will fall with the rushing yards record taking the longest because it's not a running league anymore.

Frank gore needs 2356 according to espn. That would be 3.6 years at last years pace. Possible but are people really going to keep signing him when you can get rb's so easily these days.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Frank gore needs 2356 according to espn. That would be 3.6 years at last years pace. Possible but are people really going to keep signing him when you can get rb's so easily these days.
I was more referring to the single season rushing record because the title was talking about the extra game added to the season.

Creeper

Reaction score
TD passes in a single season is definitely going to fall pretty quickly.