Ezekiel Elliott, how many yards do we really need from him

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Whirlwin, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

8,914 Messages
    9,710 Likes Received
    He needs to have a huge year. If he's not in shape like the past 3 years than this will be his last yr in Dallas at least I hope so.

daboyzruleperiod likes this.
  2. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

10,799 Messages
    11,633 Likes Received
    Its a marathon not a race, esp considering the xtra game, extended season so would rather see Zeke time management executed better than it ever has been before in his career, it has to be.
    Proper and responsible use of Zeke snaps will be crucial if this team has a chance leading in to post season play, Zeke must remain healthy and fresh, even Pollard.
    As much as we praise the roster now post FA period, draft, OTAs... the RB3 remains a glaring weakness.

Whirlwin likes this.
  3. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

13,986 Messages
    8,460 Likes Received
    I would love to be a second half smash mouth football team. That’s what I want to run the **** out of them

Thomas82, Roland and blueblood70 like this.
  4. Whirlwin

13,986 Messages
    8,460 Likes Received
    If you’ve been reading the posts. He can’t get in because he’s gased from the first 80 yards

daboyzruleperiod likes this.
  5. Whirlwin

13,986 Messages
    8,460 Likes Received
    I don’t know why they don’t like hitting the middle of the field more

6. Whirlwin

13,986 Messages
    8,460 Likes Received
    I’d like it to be a full back

7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

100,482 Messages
    27,710 Likes Received
    I have no set number I will just say we need more big plays in the running game and passing game and fewer fumbles from him. I have gotten to the point where the individual stats I don't care about, what I do care about are guys making big plays to help this team win, especially when you get to crunch time in a game and that 1 play can be the difference of winning or losing.

Techsass likes this.
  8. INCowboysFan

INCowboysFan Well-Known Member

1,411 Messages
    1,753 Likes Received
    Not necessarily KM's fault that Zeke hasn't gotten the ball in, but his play calls have something to do with it. Seems like nothing but dives up the middle behind our worst run blocker (C williams). I think KM lacks imagination in the run game and opposing defenses know that, which makes it more difficult to run.

Thomas82 and blueblood70 like this.
  9. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

19,435 Messages
    14,008 Likes Received
    :hammer:

10. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆ Zone Supporter

28,993 Messages
    72,487 Likes Received
    That excuse is getting old. Dallas doesn't need Elliott to make the playoffs.

Would have easy made them last season had Moore not benched our two WR's in Philly on 4th & goal calling the same play prior while division/game was on the line. Zeke didn't/couldn't get in on TWO tries. Yet some blame Dak. :rolleyes:

11. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

10,063 Messages
    5,180 Likes Received
    There’s no real set number. But, running the ball well demoralizes and wears down defenses. You want a recent example? See our D last season. Nuff said.

Roland, Doomsday101 and Techsass like this.
  12. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

4,416 Messages
    7,143 Likes Received
    Zeke needs to win the rushing title and rush for at least 1,400 yards for us to make the playoffs.

There is absolutely no evidence to the contrary on this point.

NotForLong and Thomas82 like this.
  13. OmerV

OmerV Zone Supporter

22,891 Messages
    19,362 Likes Received
    Rounded up from 1,733.6

Ranching likes this.
  14. OmerV

OmerV Zone Supporter

22,891 Messages
    19,362 Likes Received
    Winning the rushing title doesn't matter for anything other than personal recognition. Getting the yards is what matters to the team.

Ranching likes this.
  15. MountaineerCowboy

4,416 Messages
    7,143 Likes Received
    I agree, it shouldn't matter, but to this version of the Cowboys it seems to matter, because since Zeke has entered the league we have not made the playoffs unless he won the rushing title that year.

Thomas82 likes this.
  16. McKDaddy

McKDaddy Well-Known Member

3,700 Messages
    3,352 Likes Received
    If this O line can be truly healthy & effective, I would go higher than that. Add in jet sweeps & other non RB runs.
    Strong running game truly deflates defenses & is easier nowadays because defenses are built more to stop the pass.
    The 2019 Ravens set the all time team mark at 3,296. Of course, Jackson had a 1,000 of that.
    2500 yards / 17 games = 147\game average. 2200/17 = 129\game average.
    So, I would say we need to be somewhere between 125-150 per game.

17. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

14,783 Messages
    9,874 Likes Received
    average of 80 a game.=1360 lol that isnt very good.

I would say 100 avg per game, but with Kellen as OC, no way he gets more than 1400

18. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

7,234 Messages
    7,587 Likes Received
    More TDs, fewer fumbles

plymkr likes this.
  19. MountaineerCowboy

4,416 Messages
    7,143 Likes Received
    Zeke only had TWO more carries last year then he did in the season in which he was suspended 6 games.

Kellen Moore clearly wants to be pass happy and that has proven to be a losing formula for us since he took over in 2019.

NotForLong, Thomas82 and DandyDon52 like this.
  20. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

38,287 Messages
    22,621 Likes Received
    I didn’t read thru all of these but the only times we’ve made the playoffs with this current core of talent is when Elliott led the league in rushing both times.

If we need Dak to lead the league in passing it probably means we are having to come back in games throwing the ball.

If Zeke leads the League in rushing it probably means we are getting out to early leads and controlling TOP which is probably a more favorable scenario for success.