Ezekiel Elliott is one the most disrespected athletes in America: Will Cain

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Zeke being left off that top 25 list was ridiculous, but he gets less respect from some members on this board. "Zeke is fat"..."Zeke is slow"...some of the stuff I read here is asinine.

But even Zeke gets more respect than Dak. Dak is Dak, he's not Brees and he's not Brady, but we have posters who talk about him like he's Tim Tebow or Quincy Carter. Again, asinine.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Zeke being left off that top 25 list was ridiculous, but he gets less respect from some members on this board. "Zeke is fat"..."Zeke is slow"...some of the stuff I read here is asinine.

But even Zeke gets more respect than Dak. Dak is Dak, he's not Brees and he's not Brady, but we have posters who talk about him like he's Tim Tebow or Quincy Carter. Again, asinine.
Agree 100%.

ShortRound

Reaction score

Always assumed the Zeke is fat stuff was just dudes ripping on him, you know breaking balls just to do so. Dude is a beast, no way half the board is seriously thinking he’s fat.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Why is it either or?
Zeke was fat last year. That doesn't take away from what he did or him being a great player. He could have been even greater without the weight.
He took himself out the game almost after every long run, and some short ones.

Posters act like criticism means you're relegating a star player into an average one. Even stars have flaws.

So far from what I've seen this year, Zeke appears slimmer. I think this will serve him well and will make him an even better runner this year.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Why is it either or?
Zeke was fat last year. That doesn't take away from what he did or him being a great player. He could have been even greater without the weight.

Posters act like criticism means you're relegating a star player into an average one. Even stars have flaws.

So far from what I've seen this year, Zeke appears slimmer. I think this will serve him well and will make him an even better runner this year.
If Zeke was fat last season, I'm a serious lard ***. IMO he's just a tank. I don't see anything lacking with him so far. People on here point to the lack of long runs (not saying you) but those are usually the result of bad defense rather than the homerun speed of the back.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Why is it either or?

So a fat guy led the league in rushing while also leading the Cowboys in receptions. Okie dokie, tyke. :muttley:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
31 teams every year will lose their last game of the season.

I know what you mean by this, but it actually isn’t correct. Many teams that fail to reach the playoffs win their last game.

After posting this, I see someone beat me to my meaningless point!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
So a fat guy led the league in rushing while also leading the Cowboys in receptions. Okie dokie, tyke. :muttley:
Yes. Does that sound strange?
How about 1,000 yard rushers Ironhead Hayward, Jerome Bettis, Jamal Lewis (2,000 yards). All big backs.
Just because Zeke was the leading rusher doesn't mean he didn't get fat. He did. He was heavier than he was the previous year. Everyone should have been able to see that.
It's not an either or. He was both good but he was fatter. He may be even better being slimmer.
https://www.12up.com/posts/6039821-...-s-put-on-some-weight-in-latest-set-of-photos

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If Zeke was fat last season, I'm a serious lard ***. IMO he's just a tank. I don't see anything lacking with him so far. People on here point to the lack of long runs (not saying you) but those are usually the result of bad defense rather than the homerun speed of the back.
When he had long runs, he often took himself out of games. Whether this means he gets tired carrying the weight, I don't know. But it seems like it.
Zeke is a great running back, no question. Could he be better with less weight? Maybe.
It appeared he was tired more often than previous years. But we shall see.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
When he had long runs, he often took himself out of games. Whether this means he gets tired carrying the weight, I don't know. But it seems like it.
Zeke is a great running back, no question. Could he be better with less weight? Maybe.
It appeared he was tired more often than previous years. But we shall see.
Fair enough I just think all backs have that issue. Running against an NFL defense has to be exhausting.