Twitter: Ezekiel Elliott takes the blame for the loss

Juggernaut

Reaction score

"I had a poor performance today," Elliott said. "Did well in the run game, but overall, I dropped the ball. That loss is on me."

Elliott finished with 127 yards on 16 carries, and his 7.9 yards per rush were the second-best of his career in a game, but he was flagged for an illegal touch of a forward pass that negated what would have been a 31-yard touchdown catch in the second quarter, and he fumbled in the fourth quarter with the Cowboys attempting a comeback.

"I had no idea [I was out of bounds]," Elliott said. "That's on me. I've got to have better awareness of the sideline. That's it."

Instead of a game-tying touchdown, the Cowboys had to settle for a 50-yard field goal by Brett Maher.

Elliott had four runs of at least 19 yards, but on his season-high 26-yarder in the fourth quarter, he fumbled for the first time this season. Safety Bradley McDougald tracked Elliott from behind and chopped the ball free for Justin Coleman to recover with 10:46 remaining and Seattle up 24-6.

"You can say whatever, but at the end of the day, when you've got the ball in your hands, that's the team in your hands," Elliott said. "Me being a leader on the team, me being a better player on this team, I got to do a better job of taking care of the ball. That cost us the game."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...t-my-poor-perfomance-cost-dallas-cowboys-game

Staubacher

Reaction score
Cost us 6 games last year and already one this year. Stupid on and off the field.

Great talent but not a leader. Don't EVER want him compared to Emmitt

texbumthelife

Reaction score
another dumb nfl rule. i understand if you blatantly run your route out of bounds then it should be a penalty but to step out clearly accidentally and re-establish yourself? c'mon man!

That's the thing, he didn't reestablish himself. I get what you're saying though.