Twitter: Ezekiel Elliott takes the blame for the loss

AbeBeta

Reaction score
another dumb nfl rule. i understand if you blatantly run your route out of bounds then it should be a penalty but to step out clearly accidentally and re-establish yourself? c'mon man!

Not a bad rule. Asking refs to determine intent leads to terrible application of the rules.

ESisback

Reaction score

"I had a poor performance today," Elliott said. "Did well in the run game, but overall, I dropped the ball. That loss is on me."

Elliott finished with 127 yards on 16 carries, and his 7.9 yards per rush were the second-best of his career in a game, but he was flagged for an illegal touch of a forward pass that negated what would have been a 31-yard touchdown catch in the second quarter, and he fumbled in the fourth quarter with the Cowboys attempting a comeback.

"I had no idea [I was out of bounds]," Elliott said. "That's on me. I've got to have better awareness of the sideline. That's it."

Instead of a game-tying touchdown, the Cowboys had to settle for a 50-yard field goal by Brett Maher.

Elliott had four runs of at least 19 yards, but on his season-high 26-yarder in the fourth quarter, he fumbled for the first time this season. Safety Bradley McDougald tracked Elliott from behind and chopped the ball free for Justin Coleman to recover with 10:46 remaining and Seattle up 24-6.

"You can say whatever, but at the end of the day, when you've got the ball in your hands, that's the team in your hands," Elliott said. "Me being a leader on the team, me being a better player on this team, I got to do a better job of taking care of the ball. That cost us the game."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...t-my-poor-perfomance-cost-dallas-cowboys-game

True. As bad as we looked elsewhere (Dak, OL, playcalling), those two plays likely accounted for 11 points. We lost by 11 points.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys mediocrity loving fans mindset—- it’s alright if our best player makes mistakes as long as I can point a finger to a worse player. We deserve 8-8.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
I won't put it on you Zeke. If your QB could pass over 200 yards we wouldnt expect you to be superman every time you hit the field.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

"I had a poor performance today," Elliott said. "Did well in the run game, but overall, I dropped the ball. That loss is on me."

Elliott finished with 127 yards on 16 carries, and his 7.9 yards per rush were the second-best of his career in a game, but he was flagged for an illegal touch of a forward pass that negated what would have been a 31-yard touchdown catch in the second quarter, and he fumbled in the fourth quarter with the Cowboys attempting a comeback.

"I had no idea [I was out of bounds]," Elliott said. "That's on me. I've got to have better awareness of the sideline. That's it."

Instead of a game-tying touchdown, the Cowboys had to settle for a 50-yard field goal by Brett Maher.

Elliott had four runs of at least 19 yards, but on his season-high 26-yarder in the fourth quarter, he fumbled for the first time this season. Safety Bradley McDougald tracked Elliott from behind and chopped the ball free for Justin Coleman to recover with 10:46 remaining and Seattle up 24-6.

"You can say whatever, but at the end of the day, when you've got the ball in your hands, that's the team in your hands," Elliott said. "Me being a leader on the team, me being a better player on this team, I got to do a better job of taking care of the ball. That cost us the game."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...t-my-poor-perfomance-cost-dallas-cowboys-game

127 yards sounds good to me.
Please point the finger elsewhere. No, not that finger.

Aven8

Reaction score
Our best player folks....

Too bad he's being wasted

aria

Reaction score
That's great accountability. He focuses on those things he screwed up and ignores what he did right.

Anyone criticizing him needs to shut up.
Lol. Everyone criticizes JG for not passing the ball to him more. They do and he drops it on a critical 3rd down play that would have been a 1st down. He fumbles the ball on a critical play, it JG’s fault. He steps out of bounds with no one around him, JG’s fault.

Are you f’in kidding me?! The guy isn’t jack without an O line and is living proof of why you don’t take a RB that high in the draft. Fans like you continue to coddle him and he’s used to it due to people like you making excuses for him. He’ll continue to do his dumbazz “feed me” after a 19 yard run when they’re down by 7 points because jerry aid fans continue to drink.

aikemirv

Reaction score

Well he’s right but Dak still sucks