Twitter: Ezekiel Elliott takes the blame for the loss

Swanny

Reaction score
another dumb nfl rule. i understand if you blatantly run your route out of bounds then it should be a penalty but to step out clearly accidentally and re-establish yourself? c'mon man!
I hate the NFL for many things. But this rule is not dumb. There's a boundary there for a reason don't step out of bounds. Eliminating that would make playing defense even harder than it already is. Out of bounds is one of the very few tools a cornerback can use to play defense.

aria

Reaction score
Exacltly!!! This guy was part of the problem yesterday. Playing unfocused caused us big time this game. If he played a focus game we have a good shot and winning.
Shhhhh...some fans don’t want to hear it and will continue to make excuses for him. I’m not sayin he’s worthless or trade him but he was a very big part of our loss yesterday. I don’t care how many ypc he averaged, he screwed up when it mattered most 3 times.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That's the thing, he didn't reestablish himself. I get what you're saying though.
Well if he doesnt know he stepped out why would he??????????
That is a flawed rule
And I think it is more you cant be first one to touch the ball, which is also kinda stupid.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Shhhhh...some fans don’t want to hear it and will continue to make excuses for him. I’m not sayin he’s worthless or trade him but he was a very big part of our loss yesterday. I don’t care how many ypc he averaged, he screwed up when it mattered most 3 times.
It is mind boggling how certain players can make all the mistakes they want and be excused.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
To me he seemed like he maybe smoked one before the game .
he stepped out and didnt know it and there was no reason for it.

Later at end when dak threw him a flair pass , he was right on the sideline waiting , way too close, so when he caught
ball both feet were in the white, and he turned and took off, as he was totally unaware he was deep in the white.
Took 3-4 steps to realize where he was .

He isnt quick or fast like in 2016, cant turn the corner like he did back then.
Lacks intensity during game.

lostar2009

Reaction score

Yup he did this offense no favors besides rack up useless yards. He played the worst game a RB could play.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

"I had a poor performance today," Elliott said. "Did well in the run game, but overall, I dropped the ball. That loss is on me."

Elliott finished with 127 yards on 16 carries, and his 7.9 yards per rush were the second-best of his career in a game, but he was flagged for an illegal touch of a forward pass that negated what would have been a 31-yard touchdown catch in the second quarter, and he fumbled in the fourth quarter with the Cowboys attempting a comeback.

"I had no idea [I was out of bounds]," Elliott said. "That's on me. I've got to have better awareness of the sideline. That's it."

Instead of a game-tying touchdown, the Cowboys had to settle for a 50-yard field goal by Brett Maher.

Elliott had four runs of at least 19 yards, but on his season-high 26-yarder in the fourth quarter, he fumbled for the first time this season. Safety Bradley McDougald tracked Elliott from behind and chopped the ball free for Justin Coleman to recover with 10:46 remaining and Seattle up 24-6.

"You can say whatever, but at the end of the day, when you've got the ball in your hands, that's the team in your hands," Elliott said. "Me being a leader on the team, me being a better player on this team, I got to do a better job of taking care of the ball. That cost us the game."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...t-my-poor-perfomance-cost-dallas-cowboys-game

elliot was fighting and fighting hard. at times he seemed to be the only one. it was a stupid fumble but par for the course these days. the loss however is on the coaches. we continue to make players fit a scheme vs. design a scheme to fit out players. well they "said" this offense would be dak friendly but so far, no joy in that idea. i'm glad he's owning his actions on the field and that does speak well of him, but this is a team loss to the core. our OL is arguably nose dives to the lower half of the NFL but i don't believe it's a lack of talent but leadership.

we don't have an aikman, emmitt or even a smith on this team. zeke is showing it but he's got more growing up to do before people will "follow" so to speak. kudos to him however for this. maybe it's a start.

the OL can't block, dak can't compensate and zeke can't do it on his own.

gonna be a very very very long year.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
No doubt Zeke had two critical mistakes, but the Cowboys need the entire team to contribute and not depend on one guy.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I know the stats don’t dictate it but he did have a terrible game. The game turned with his out of bounds blunder. The fumble was pure carelessness. Terrible game for Zeke.

John813

Reaction score
I hate the NFL for many things. But this rule is not dumb. There's a boundary there for a reason don't step out of bounds. Eliminating that would make playing defense even harder than it already is. Out of bounds is one of the very few tools a cornerback can use to play defense.

For all the grief we give the coaching staff, I think a big part of why Zeke isn't used in the passing game is due to his lack of awareness on any route.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
And I for one will accept him taking the blame... that sideline BS stepping OOB and not knowing took the wind out of our sails.... Then a fumble on his way for another score or long run took the wind out of our sails... it doesn't take many boneheaded mistakes to cost a team a win... thanks for nuttn Zeke..... oh and our QB, O-line, WO's TE's and play calling all SUCK!
JJ needs to go bury his head further up his arse, good showing coming off that vagiants game clapper, hope you and your vanilla queen had a make me feel better dildo party in the mile high section of the plane ride back.... friggn sick of these gutless wonders. Done with DP, he is what he is, a 4th rnd nobody.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is just lip service from a matured Zeke. He had a couple of bad plays. Most everyone else had a slew of bad plays.
no its not he know he lent to the misery on offense, the Fuble, the out of bounds, and the drop over the middle.. all could have helped us win .. it was a bad Offensive display and the person who needs to come out and say they sucked hasn't..how does SL never talk in the media and apologize for the drool and HS offense he runs out there..id Fire SL NOW..worse is first and 3rd game where are the RPOs? 15 and 16 carries For Zeke is horrible..what happened to running the wheels off your horse like we did Murray? the identity and easiest scheme for the Ol is RUN RUN RUN..zeke should NEVER NEVER NEVER have under 25 carries and at least 5 passing Targets..this was a TEam Effort but forst and formostblame list in order

Jason Garrett for not firing Linehan
Linehan
Dak
Oline
Zeke

Im not listing WR
TEs as its skewed we cant get them the ball with the list above in shambles..want proof CLV looked horrible in 29mins with TT, odd a cold Rookie comes in with amin left in the half and all of asudden the line was better , the receivers were better, and they started scoring and WON this kids first game coming off the bench.. it might be tiome real soon to give Rush and White some quality snaps..

visionary

Reaction score
That spitting is the thing I hate most about JG. It’s annoying and disgusting.

Well, to be fair, the spitting does rank below

Complete incompetence
Being a spineless jellyfish to Jerry
Staying on just to cash a paycheck