Twitter: Ezekiel Elliott takes the blame for the loss

kevm3

Reaction score
Props to Zeke in stepping up and accepting blame. He wasn't solely at fault, but he did have some huge gaffes that cost us, especially in stepping out of bounds.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Even though I think he’s a punk I thought he ran the ball well minus that fumble. He’s doing the right thing taking accountability and he’s not wrong

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No one asked him to be superman. How about doing what a top 5 draft pick should do. Catch the ball. Don’t fumble the ball. Stay in bounds when no one is within ten yards of you.

Coahes call a decent game yet Zeke gets a free pass for taking the blame which he should. Awesome.

What you don't understand is, no one is giving him a free pass; he messed up big time. There is no reason for those types of mistakes.

The team as a whole did not look ready, and it showed. Dak and Zeke are not leaders, they are just players on the team. This team has no leadership.

I understand you and others don't like him, but that won't be the last time he makes a mistake. He is not the only player that has cost the Cowboys points, field position, or momentum.

aria

Reaction score
What you don't understand is, no one is giving him a free pass; he messed up big time. There is no reason for those types of mistakes.

The team as a whole did not look ready, and it showed. Dak and Zeke are not leaders, they are just players on the team. This team has no leadership.

I understand you and others don't like him, but that won't be the last time he makes a mistake. He is not the only player that has cost the Cowboys points, field position, or momentum.
To be clear I don’t like him as a person but do like him as a player and that’s not unique to just him. AGAIN, I never said he was the only player responsible for the loss. Why is it ok to criticize only certain players but not him?

BTW, it wasn’t A mistake, it was three huge mistakes which is my issue. If was A mistake I wouldn’t have said anything.

firephil

Reaction score
To be clear I don’t like him as a person but do like him as a player and that’s not unique to just him. AGAIN, I never said he was the only player responsible for the loss. Why is it ok to criticize only certain players but not him?

BTW, it wasn’t A mistake, it was three huge mistakes which is my issue. If was A mistake I wouldn’t have said anything.

The only thing I will add here is: I feel pretty confident Zeke will clean those mistakes up. The other players and coaches I have varying levels of skepticism.

aria

Reaction score
The only thing I will add here is: I feel pretty confident Zeke will clean those mistakes up. The other players and coaches I have varying levels of skepticism.
Absolutely. Obviously I’m po’d but I would hope those won’t happen again nor do I expect them too, at least not that many times in a single game, or we really do have a problem.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If was A mistake I wouldn’t have said anything.
I would I still remember Tyron with a stupid holding penalty in 2013 stopping the clock and allowing Detroit enough time to come back. Granted the defense sucked, but that holding penalty was so damn stupid. Detroit was out of timeouts and we were running the clock down before kicking a field goal. These are the mistakes that just make you scratch your head.

Things like Miles Austing and Romo not connecting on a wide open 3rd down conversion where the defender fell down because Austin lost the ball in the lights? Roy Williams fumbling a ball on Thanksgiving after a short pass and long run to seal the game if only he would have fallen down. Murray fumbling a ball in a hole the size of a Grand Canyon.

Zeke wide open for a TD but steps out of bounds. It is just comical. The Chargers are another team that just has a bunch of stupid crap like that always happen to them.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I remember playing sports as a youngster and feeling like crap for everything i did wrong and worrying about how i could do better.

I didnt have social media to use searching for sympathy like these poor hard working millionaires who couldnt work during preseason.
Your avatar is great...

aria

Reaction score
I would I still remember Tyron with a stupid holding penalty in 2013 stopping the clock and allowing Detroit enough time to come back. Granted the defense sucked, but that holding penalty was so damn stupid. Detroit was out of timeouts and we were running the clock down before kicking a field goal. These are the mistakes that just make you scratch your head.

Things like Miles Austing and Romo not connecting on a wide open 3rd down conversion where the defender fell down because Austin lost the ball in the lights? Roy Williams fumbling a ball on Thanksgiving after a short pass and long run to seal the game if only he would have fallen down. Murray fumbling a ball in a hole the size of a Grand Canyon.

Zeke wide open for a TD but steps out of bounds. It is just comical. The Chargers are another team that just has a bunch of stupid crap like that always happen to them.
A for honesty.

I get people make mistakes and I would have given him a free pass for one mistake but 3 to that magnitude is bad, real bad. I’m actually surprised there’s not more threads about it but since he’s the teams best player he automatically becomes the fan favorite and therefore untouchable. He could spit in some of these fans faces and they would say bless you.

GenoT

Reaction score
Hey Zeke...if you’re serious, why doncha put your money where your mouth is and give back your game check from the Seattle game?

(crickets chirping)

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
whats next? a cornerback steps on the line and cant play defense for the rest of that play? you should be given the opportunity to re-establish yourself in bounds

This isn't a new rule that is part of a trend in the NFL. This rule has been around a long time.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't get the negativity toward Zeke for these comments. Isn't accepting responsibility for failures what we want to see from players?