Twitter: Ezekiel Elliott takes the blame for the loss

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This isn't a new rule that is part of a trend in the NFL. This rule has been around a long time.
Decades, can't go out and come back in and be the first to touch the ball.

But I am surprised, one of the few rules left in that actually helps the defense.

DiResta

Reaction score
but, but, but his fans don't believe anything was his fault.
I know it sucks to follow a bad team, but reading your posts this morning
it's way over the top
how about suck it up a little and stop trying to make everyone around reading as miserable?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I know it sucks to follow a bad team, but reading your posts this morning
it's way over the top
how about suck it up a little and stop trying to make everyone around reading as miserable?
How about you just put me on ignore or suck it up. I'm not going to change my posting for you, nor will I apologize for it. If I'm not your cup of tea there is a simple solution to resolve it. Take advantage of it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Zeke has fallen into a lackadaisical mindset stemming from a poor-coached football team. He is not the problem, only a symptom. Put the Rams coaching staff and I bet we see better results. Our offensive coaches absolutely suck and don't have a clue on how to respond past a week being on the hotseat.

We will see a lot of this.........win a game because they are forced to change then fall back into their tendencies after an emotional win. Rinse, repeat as this team hovers around .500 and we are welcomed to the same staff next season :facepalm:

Yes, and, as I've said a few times now on a few boards, our players looked like they were going through the motions in Seattle. They didn't look all that excited to be there to me.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Yes, and, as I've said a few times now on a few boards, our players looked like they were going through the motions in Seattle. They didn't look all that excited to be there to me.

I can tell you playing for Jason Garrett would definitely affect my morale and performance.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Cost us 6 games last year and already one this year. Stupid on and off the field.

Great talent but not a leader. Don't EVER want him compared to Emmitt
Too bad you will never get that wish, because he will always be compared to Emmitt and rightfully so

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
There is a lot of blame to be dished out. Glad Zeke stepped up and took responsibility for his mistakes.

Looks like he learned a lot from the time spent with Luke Skywalker on the forest moon of Endor.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
To be clear I don’t like him as a person but do like him as a player and that’s not unique to just him. AGAIN, I never said he was the only player responsible for the loss. Why is it ok to criticize only certain players but not him?

BTW, it wasn’t A mistake, it was three huge mistakes which is my issue. If was A mistake I wouldn’t have said anything.

I made it plural, and AGAIN, no one is giving him a pass. At least I am not.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He cost us 14 points, enough to win the game. He should take the blame. I forgive you, Ezekiel. Do better.

Cmac

Reaction score
Are you kidding me?

He called himself out. If you don't appreciate this level of accountability then you've got other issues to work through.
Too bad the other guy has more "We" than "I" in his post game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

"I had a poor performance today," Elliott said. "Did well in the run game, but overall, I dropped the ball. That loss is on me."

Elliott finished with 127 yards on 16 carries, and his 7.9 yards per rush were the second-best of his career in a game, but he was flagged for an illegal touch of a forward pass that negated what would have been a 31-yard touchdown catch in the second quarter, and he fumbled in the fourth quarter with the Cowboys attempting a comeback.

"I had no idea [I was out of bounds]," Elliott said. "That's on me. I've got to have better awareness of the sideline. That's it."

Instead of a game-tying touchdown, the Cowboys had to settle for a 50-yard field goal by Brett Maher.

Elliott had four runs of at least 19 yards, but on his season-high 26-yarder in the fourth quarter, he fumbled for the first time this season. Safety Bradley McDougald tracked Elliott from behind and chopped the ball free for Justin Coleman to recover with 10:46 remaining and Seattle up 24-6.

"You can say whatever, but at the end of the day, when you've got the ball in your hands, that's the team in your hands," Elliott said. "Me being a leader on the team, me being a better player on this team, I got to do a better job of taking care of the ball. That cost us the game."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...t-my-poor-perfomance-cost-dallas-cowboys-game

IT was a horrid game zeke, but dont feel too bad. Just about everyone else on offense played horrid as well. It was a full team loss.