1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

News: Ezekiel Elliott's Lawyer: Alleged Dog Attack Victim Was Trespassing on Property

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 27, 2020.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Editor

75,464 Messages
    27,813 Likes Received
    Ezekiel Elliott's Lawyer: Alleged Dog Attack Victim Was Trespassing on Property

[​IMG]

Ezekiel Elliott 's attorney said Friday that the woman who is suing the Dallas Cowboys running back after allegedly getting attacked by his three dogs in March did not have permission to be on Elliott's property...

Frank Salzano provided TMZ Sports with the following statement:

"The plaintiff was unauthorized to be on the premises the day of the incident and either willfully disregarded and/or negligently ignored her employer's policy which required Elliott to be notified in advance of any visits. We look forward to further establishing the plaintiff's contributory negligence during the course of this matter."

Read Full Story

2. JBS

JBS Well-Known Member

14,678 Messages
    8,682 Likes Received
    Weak defense

3. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

4,663 Messages
    4,214 Likes Received
    Give her $50k and a signed jersey and be done with it!

cavemanct and Jarv like this.
  4. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

9,067 Messages
    3,969 Likes Received
    In order for this defense to work, I imagine Zeke’s lawyer would need to produce a signed contract/agreement stating what he is claiming. I doubt it exists.

catiii and Rayman70 like this.
  5. Reality

Reality Admin

22,922 Messages
    40,743 Likes Received
    The moment the lawyer said, "ignored her employer's policy", it was over.

Unless she was there to commit an intentional crime or she broke in, the fact he employed her will negate any claim of trespassing unless she had been formally terminated beforehand.

6. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

16,854 Messages
    14,933 Likes Received
    yeah..ZEKE may just wanna chalk this one up to be careful who you hire and MAYBE just pay teh medical bills and be done with it. A lump sum off the record settlement and turn the page. Life is about learning and Zeke sure seems to get himself in lots of messes. No judge in the world will accept Zekes defense of what happened. Maybe I am wrong.

catiii, Hadenough, DenCWBY and 3 others like this.
  7. Rayman70

16,854 Messages
    14,933 Likes Received
    ^^^this^^^. Moral of the story is, admit when you are responsible and take care of business. Otherwise the optics of this can get ugly.

Typhus, Qcard and Reality like this.
  8. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

24,784 Messages
    47,376 Likes Received
    So she first tried to settle out of court, but Zeke wasn't interested. That's gotta give you pause, and make you think that maybe, just maybe he's not the one who was negligent.

9. Rayman70

16,854 Messages
    14,933 Likes Received
    yeah, unless he can produce a signed agreement that clearly states what he's claiming, his goose is cooked. Judge Judy would destroy Zeke in a court lol..It would be priceless.

catiii likes this.
  10. Shinaoi

Shinaoi Well-Known Member

3,408 Messages
    5,511 Likes Received
    Being zekes lawyer must be a lucrative deal as often as he needs one.

catiii, JJHLH1, Hadenough and 12 others like this.
  11. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

18,229 Messages
    20,797 Likes Received
    Just because you work for someone doesn't mean you can go to their property without permission.

12. Rayman70

16,854 Messages
    14,933 Likes Received
    he must keep one on retainer 24/7 lol..365 days a year

Hadenough, Buzzbait and Shinaoi like this.
  13. Reality

Reality Admin

22,922 Messages
    40,743 Likes Received
    Unless she was there to commit a crime or broke in, no court is going to rule she trespassed while she was employed by the property's owner.

The employer can give specific instructions and can fire the employee if those instructions are not followed, but they cannot use trespassing as a defense unless a crime was committed or was in the act of being committed.

catiii, iceberg, Bullflop and 6 others like this.
  14. Mr_437

Mr_437 Well-Known Member

5,048 Messages
    5,048 Likes Received
    Advantage Zeke

See what her lawyer counters with.

15. Rayman70

16,854 Messages
    14,933 Likes Received
    how so? I'm no expert on law, but I don't see how he has any leverage here. It was his dog.

16. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

12,096 Messages
    778 Likes Received
    If she is on the property without the consent of the owner, then that is trespassing regardless of what contract.

If i hire a maid to clean my house on Tuesdays. And she shows up on a Monday that is trespassing. It doesn't matter whether she showed up to clean or steal.

17. DakPresgoat

DakPresgoat Well-Known Member

14,222 Messages
    30,703 Likes Received

Isn’t there also a line between whether she was guilty of trespassing, and whether or not Zeke is liable for her injuries? Because if Zeke didn’t know she was coming and she didn’t follow established policy for notifying him, how is he supposed to be able to have his dogs kept in a place they can’t get to her?

not that I’m defending Zeke. I’m just saying there is a difference between somebody being guilty of a crime
    And whether or not somebody is liable for their injuries without having permission to be on their property.

18. Qcard

Qcard Well-Known Member

1,871 Messages
    1,823 Likes Received
    I will never give Zeke benefit of the doubt but IF the facts revealed result in trespassing then Zeke can not be blamed....Private Property is Private.

Silently folding my Tony Pollard jersey....

TonyS, JBond, KeepinTime and 2 others like this.
  19. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

11,169 Messages
    16,465 Likes Received
    If this is true, Zeke is innocent of any charges or responsibilities for what happened to her.

20. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

33,024 Messages
    26,481 Likes Received
    Yeah usually in these cases you are advised to pay a decent amount just to keep it out of the news. And no one knew about this. This was back in March. We are just hearing about it now because of the lawsuit. Just makes you wonder.