News: Ezekiel Elliott's Lawyer: Alleged Dog Attack Victim Was Trespassing on Property

kskboys

Reaction score
The first paragraph is all you need. Even if you hire someone they cannot just show up and start work without your consent or you being there. Regardless of the attack, that is on her then. Even if you agree that is why you set a date and time. Don't just show up without me being there because I want to oversee the job is too my liking before you leave.
2nd sentence: Yes they can. It's common.

In this case, she may have shown up on a date not pre-designated. It'll be quite interesting to see what the law or a jury feels about this.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Not sure where the board has gotten law degrees but you guys need to give them back, lol.

Texas does not have a one-bite rule. Instead, there are two primary claims made against owners in dog bite cases. The most common claim is a negligence claim. Like in other personal injury claims, for a negligence claim, you must prove that the dog owner (or person responsible for the dog) failed to use ordinary care, and that the failure to use ordinary care caused your injuries.

The second and most common claim is that the dog owner failed to use ordinary care by failing to properly restrain the dog. In fact, many local governments in Texas, including both the city of Austin and Travis County, have laws requiring dog owners to have their dogs restrained at all times (though the City of Austin has some exceptions for recognized dog parks).

In Zeke's case the dog was where it was supposed to be; contained in a fenced yard.
If Zeke has a Beware of Dog sign on his fencing he is very unlikely to be in much trouble.
Same if he has en email stating the service is supposed to come out on certain days/windows.

The reality is the biggest risk here is that the dog/dogs be put down or banned from the city where they now reside.

Normally you'd settle out of court to avoid the bad press but too late for that.
This is a typical mess but likely ends up with not much happening except directly to the dogs. --and this may or may not be warranted depending on this chick's injuries.
With her attorney releasing all this to the media you'd think they would've stuck a pic in there for full effect

Finally a legitimate reply

glimmerman

Reaction score
Either way I am guessing she is gonna get some money. Unless there is a contract that says certain things.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Who cares. It's Ewoks problem.
Let's start a thread/pole on what members think will be his next dilemma. Remember? It runs in 3's. :muttley:

aria

Reaction score
Shut up, Zeke lover!!! I'm tired of you sticking up for him everytime he does something stupid!!! SMH!
My zeke is your Garrett. We all know how happy you were when he was axed (as were most people) and I can’t wait to get that same HIGH when ZEKE is gone. I don’t envy zeke but I do envy you.

Can you even put that feeling into words?

glimmerman

Reaction score
My zeke is your Garrett. We all know how happy you were when he was axed (as were most people) and I can’t wait to get that same HIGH when ZEKE is gone. I don’t envy zeke but I do envy you.

Can you even put that feeling into words?
You may be waiting up to 3 years. Unless he keeps it up. Which he is on his way to punching his own ticket out of not just The Cowboys but the NFL. Sad part is that he has already made enough on his rookie deal to live high the rest of his life. Already made 28 million and will make almost another 50 in the next 3 years.

aria

Reaction score
You may be waiting up to 3 years. Unless he keeps it up. Which he is on his way to punching his own ticket out of not just The Cowboys but the NFL. Sad part is that he has already made enough on his rookie deal to live high the rest of his life. Already made 28 million and will make almost another 50 in the next 3 years.
I would say he mentally checked out after getting his contract but that would imply he was mentally stable at some point in his life.