FA wishlist (fantasy warning)

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Here is my FA wishlist... Now, this is far-fetched, not all of this is possible unless we get some very friendly contractual terms and a huge bump in the cap going into 2020, but, if I could window shop every player I think would be a good addition, here is my listing. Will be smaller than expected.

I'm expecting in FA we lose: Beezy, Irving, Fleming, Olawale, Swaim, and that we likely cut / move-on from Sean Lee, T Williams, Gathers, and A. Hurns.

1. Jadeveon Clowney
  2. Eric Ebron
  3. Adrian Amos
  4. Sheldon Richardson
  5. Darius Philon
  6. Adrian Peterson
  7. Kareem Jackson
Would re-sign: D. Law, T. Austin, R. Smith, D. Wilson, C. Reid

I do think that list is do-able, if you remove Clowney.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Here is my FA wishlist... Now, this is far-fetched, not all of this is possible unless we get some very friendly contractual terms and a huge bump in the cap going into 2020, but, if I could window shop every player I think would be a good addition, here is my listing. Will be smaller than expected.

I'm expecting in FA we lose: Beezy, Irving, Fleming, Olawale, Swaim, and that we likely cut / move-on from Sean Lee, T Williams, Gathers, and A. Hurns.

1. Jadeveon Clowney
  2. Eric Ebron
  3. Adrian Amos
  4. Sheldon Richardson
  5. Darius Philon
  6. Adrian Peterson
  7. Kareem Jackson

Not even in madden unless you take off the cap!

Reaction score
What about Antonio Bryant???

In a fantasy world this would be awesome if we could ensure his toxic locker room attitude was left out.

dallas72

Reaction score

1. Jadeveon Clowney
  2. Eric Ebron
  3. Adrian Amos
  4. Sheldon Richardson
  5. Darius Philon
  6. Adrian Peterson
  7. Kareem Jackson

Ebron had 1 good year..he cant block, drops passes and sucked for 4 years in Detroit

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Cutting Crawford would create 5.9mn in cap pre-Jun 1, and 7mn post-Jun1

That alone would cover the bulk of the hit of signing Clowney...if he makes it to the open market.
I think Crawford and his 7 million and Lee and his 7+ million Are both gone. That's enough to sign a Top wr like Antonio Brown.

Our defense is pretty good but our offense is bottom barrrel and Austin and Beasely are gonna be gone so why not go get a steak at a skilled position on offense. Amari and Gallops potential (2tds last year) is all we have going into next season at our top 2 wr positions.

Dallas is good about finding good defense in the draft but they suck at drafting wrs and tes.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I think Crawford and his 7 million and Lee and his 7+ million Are both gone. That's enough to sign a Top wr like Antonio Brown.

Our defense is pretty good but our offense is bottom barrrel and Austin and Beasely are gonna be gone so why not go get a steak at a skilled position on offense. Amari and Gallops potential (2tds last year) is all we have going into next season at our top 2 wr positions.

Dallas is good about finding good defense in the draft but they suck at drafting wrs and tes.
Don't think we need AB.. Cooper is a top WR, Gallup flashed #1 potential his rookie season.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Don't think we need AB.. Cooper is a top WR, Gallup flashed #1 potential his rookie season.

And gronk scored more TDS last year then Amari Cooper, Zeke and Gallop did this year and he's just one te. Lmao you're joking right?

Gronk has 3-4 running backs and 4-5 wrs who can get the 30+ Benchmark and we got nobody else who is a Scoriing threat besides Beasely and he's just being spot played for 3 tds a year and he's going on to a full time gig

Where is all the Scoring production going to come from we don't have wrs who can overcome this pathetic receiving te core and score a bunch of more TDS and we don't have any rb depth to do it either so are these TDS just gonna appear out of thin air going forward or are you basing your judgement based upon black and white stats. There is some hope that amai turns into a top 5 wr and gallop turns into a top 5 #2 wr and that one of these tes morphs into 82 in his prime or Zeke turns into Todd gurley next year, and that Dak turns into Russell Wilson but that's all coulda woulda shouldas

You break down the Scoring Production and show me on paper based upon last years offensive team stats how we can keep up with 30+ point averages through the playoff games and superbowl offensively

There not enough Scoring personel based on an every down te core with 1 rinky dink TD year through the first 15 games, and 4 all year between the whole te core
We don't even know who our 3rd wr is gonna be or what running back is gonna add depth to help Zeke out who only had 6 TDS.

Winning teams have it in black and white.

Is Clowney gonna run back kicks and help our sts? Is he gonna help our team score points.

Jerrah can't sell tickets with the worst Scoring offense in the league - Cole Beasely.

Jerrah doesnt have a choice but to sign a top 2 wr because his tes are just blockers and he's gonna lose Beasely and Austin so there is no depth. If Jerry was gonna keep Austin he would have played him.

And tes can't play special teams.

Wr is the biggest need imo and then te and rb and safety and then all defense.

The defense was great but this offense was pathetic and this is Daks last year to prove himself and all he has is Cooper and Zeke.

Now we just need a Michael Irvin on the other side who can take the Game over and pick up the slack that our 4 TD a year te core hinders us with every year.

Do you seem to think Jerry is gonna pay Austin or Beasely if he's only gonna spot play them. Nobody is certain what Jarwin or sculttz is gonna be and if Gallop and our new 3rd wr is unknown so we might as well trade away next year's picks and go all in in free agency to try to do something before another 25 year drought.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
If anybody thinks going all in on defense is gonna help Dak win a championship by Scoring 30+ averages to beat the Chiefs or Patriots next year I respect your opinion but I don't agree with it.

I love Cooper and Gallop and Zeke but they will never be the triplets with alot of depth underneath them with a #1 defense and a #1 Scoring spts. That's what it will take when you got a te that can only muster up 1 TD every 15 games

Well win a playoff game but we won't win a Superbowl avg 20 points in the playoffs

Last edited:

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
If anybody thinks going all in on defense is gonna help Dak win a championship by Scoring 30+ averages to beat the Chiefs or Patriots next year I respect your opinion but I don't agree with it.

I love Cooper and Gallop and Zeke but they will never be the triplets with alot of depth underneath them with a #1 defense and a #1 Scoring spts. That's what it will take when you got a te that can only muster up 1 TD every 15 games

Well win a playoff game but we won't win a Superbowl avg 20 points in the playoffs
Yet, you're not accounting for a healthy line, an all-pro Center returning, a healthy Tyron, a Cooper used to the system, Gallup with an offseason under him, Zeke eating with two spoons, and Dak progressing going into his 4th season. Combined with Jarwin and Schultz improving at TE, and that's disregarding a likely returning Swaim who is healthy.

In the end, our offense will improve without doing anything, even losing Beezy... now I agree, adding a WR3 and a RB2 are important spots for improvement. WR3 we have options (Cobb, Tate, or the guys I'd target, who are cheaper and younger - Adam Humpries, Robby Anderson, Tyrell Williams), or N'Keal Harry in the second is my preferred route.

RB2 - I'd bring in Adrian Peterson for a year, while sliding R. Smith over to FB/RB3. Bring in a later rounder and a few UDFAs and hopefully someone emerges worth keeping.

Defense? We can improve big time at DT, LB (over Wilson), SS, strong-side DE (over Taco), depth across the d-line, and CB2.

Yes our defense is elite, but it needs some more bodies.

Our offense? It just got a HUGE add with a returning Frederick, a healthy Tyron, and a healthy rest of the line. Plus, we have Looney for another year, playing back-up at C, RG, and LG.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

A 31 year old prima donna who was unhappy playing with Ben in an offense that passes as much as any in the NFL?

I'm sure he'd just love playing with Dak and blocking for Zeke in the Cowboys' run-oriented offense. :muttley:

garyv

Reaction score

1. Jadeveon Clowney
  2. Eric Ebron
  3. Adrian Amos
  4. Sheldon Richardson
  5. Darius Philon
  6. Adrian Peterson
  7. Kareem Jackson

No on Ebron but would like Humphries to replace Beasley and sign TE Cameron Brate. Clowney and Richardson I can love on those two.

Leedscowboy

Reaction score

You do know AB is under contract to Pittsburgh ? so they will be wanting draft picks so tell us how do you propose we can sign AB, with no 2019 1st?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Yes sorry but I do want a TE signed but I would be extremely happy if we could sign Adam Humphries and let Beasley go.
Same.

I mean, I started the Humphries thread. To me, if I were to revise my OP - he is our #1 must get.

Could replace Williams, Beasley, Hurns, and Austin.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
You do know AB is under contract to Pittsburgh ? so they will be wanting draft picks so tell us how do you propose we can sign AB, with no 2019 1st?

Well we do have picks this year and Next. We also have a $20 million dollar defensive player that may be franchised tagged Again this year.

The biggest problem is we're pretty good at drafting defense and rb

But We couldn't draft a wr or te to save our life and then we hang on to them and pay them forever when we miss on the pick. Look at twill. He was never a good wr but somehow got extended. Taco was a first year bust and Jerry can't cut loose. Jerry can't just cut bait fast enough.

Stephen Jones would rather pay 20 million for 4 subpar wrs or tes then 1 Stud player who can run circles around all 4.

Dez is the last wr drafted with a first round grade. And the only wr that was worth beans.

You can't spend 1st round picks only on defense when you don't have a top offense in place.

We had a stud wr in Dez for 3-4 years but a subpar twill, mediocre tes, mediocre #3 & #4 wr. That's no winning formula

The top 2 wrs have to be studs in this style of offense. Anything short of that will put us on the same path for 24 more years.
We still only have Cooper, Zeke and Dak. 3 steaks and 3 chopped livers will get you last in league in points. Go get 5-6 steaks at the skilled positions or we wont win beans
Our offense is 3 Steaks on paper away from being the top offense

Last edited: