FA worth the money

conner01

Reaction score
u need dominant players to win championships.
we are not getting one in round 2 and later for dl in most likelihood
dlaw is not enough and his performance suffers later in a season.
gregory is gone
irving retired and would be suspended if he unretires
Suh was far from dominate last year till the playoffs

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
it is more reasonable for rookie safeties to play well by playoff than dl.

Maybe but you are wasting resources. If they do it right we'd draft DE high, multiple so we can trade them when they want QB money and just pay the best safety on the market. Cheaper to pay safeties then DE.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Maybe but you are wasting resources. If they do it right we'd draft DE high, multiple so we can trade them when they want QB money and just pay the best safety on the market. Cheaper to pay safeties then DE.

we draft at 59 this year...

conner01

Reaction score
that is when it matters.
if we cannot get there without him 100%, then it is irrelevant.
He played one good game
There is a reason Suh is out there
He’s not what he once was and has lost his will to compete every week

PhillySpecial

Reaction score
Wonder if Jernigan was asking too much at first. Surprised he's still on the market unless he's the next Bennie Logan who will bounce on one year deals for a bit.

I think with HaHa signing for 3.5mil, it could be a sign that the remaining safeties may need to play the one year deal again.

Jernigan has a back issue. And according to Derek Gunn on Quick Slants, also has a neck issue. I couldn't find anything on the internet about the neck. But it's been about a week and a half since I looked.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the one player who is interesting is suh.
he is also still available.
i know he took plays off during the regular season.
but what really matters is the postseason.
not sure what it would take...
My bet this is the main thing that would turn Marinelli off from a player - and it should.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Same thing applies. A 2nd round DE has greater value than a 2nd round Safety. Especially strong safety as they aren't likely to draft a replacement for woods.

a 2nd round safety is more likely to be able to contribute in the rookie year than a 2nd round dl...

Flamma

Reaction score
If Dallas signs Suh and he doesn't play hard in the regular season; the Cowboys struggle on defense. We don't have Aaron Donald lining up next to him.

For a player of Suh's caliber to get just 3.5 sacks last year playing next to a generational talent like Donald raises some red flags for me.

I was pro Suh but you bring up a good point. We could probably find somebody in the draft to clog the middle. I think Suh's best years were left in Detroit.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I was pro Suh but you bring up a good point. We could probably find somebody in the draft to clog the middle. I think Suh's best years were left in Detroit.

it is not just clogging but pressure

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
u need dominant players to win championships.
we are not getting one in round 2 and later for dl in most likelihood
dlaw is not enough and his performance suffers later in a season.
gregory is gone
irving retired and would be suspended if he unretires

If this team was trying to actually win a championship, Garrett would not still be here.

Winning championships is not the highest priority in Dallas...………….this aint New England.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
a 2nd round safety is more likely to be able to contribute in the rookie year than a 2nd round dl...

Only because you don't typically have as many safeties as DL. It's still way cheaper to buy a better safety than DL and that's my point. Pay the safety and draft the DL. Any rookie we get probably isn't starting.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Only because you don't typically have as many safeties as DL. It's still way cheaper to buy a better safety than DL and that's my point. Pay the safety and draft the DL. Any rookie we get probably isn't starting.

dbs r contributing pretty well at the end of the rookie season and it worked for 2017.
the end of the rookie year is when it matters as the team always has vet bodies for the same positions in the regular season.
dls generating do not contribute much in rookie year

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
dbs r contributing pretty well at the end of the rookie season and it worked for 2017.
the end of the rookie year is when it matters as the team always has vet bodies for the same positions in the regular season.
dls generating do not contribute much in rookie year

Which is why we always need to be drafting and developing the positions who want mega dollars. Taco wasn't drafted because he was a stud year 1, but for what he might turn into by year 3-4.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Which is why we always need to be drafting and developing the positions who want mega dollars. Taco wasn't drafted because he was a stud year 1, but for what he might turn into by year 3-4.

that is for sure, but it does not take away from gregory and dlaw situations, as well as the 'appaarent' lack of progress for taco last season.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
that is for sure, but it does not take away from gregory and dlaw situations, as well as the 'appaarent' lack of progress for taco last season.

Their failure is investing enough at this position. Can't draft Randy and assume he will work out. Their next investment was taco who has yet to breakout as a guy who can wreck OL. Because of this they must sign DLaw and still draft a guy prefer in round 1 so we get 5 years. And continue to draft guys so you don't have to pay them big bucks when their contract is up. As much as I like DLaw I don't feel confident he will play 5 years at a high level. Big contracts meaning 20+ million a year for guys not playing QB is very very risky.