Face it, Dallas Cowboys still are America's Team

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
redster;1761250 said:
Cowboys are also the most unpopular team in the league. This is a fact.
That may be true, but what does it have to do with being the most popular?

A lot of people hate popular teams. The hatred is a function of the team's popularity. People are ambivalent about mediocre teams.

redster

Reaction score
theogt;1761253 said:
That may be true, but what does it have to do with being the most popular?

A lot of people hate popular teams. People are ambivalent about mediocre teams.

Let me give you an example. Just because Bill Clinton is loved by about 60% of America doesn't make him popular, given the fact that the rest absolutely hate his guts. So, what I am saying is that to be considered popular, you need to take unpopularity into account. So, hands down, Green Bay becomes America's team if you do that. Also, Green Bay has one long history, unlike Dallas, which is an expansion team. I feel that to be considered "America's team" you need to have been in the league from the get-go. Your team was formed in the 1960's. It is an expansion team. I firmly believe that an expansion team should never, ever, be called "America's team".

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
redster;1761281 said:
Let me give you an example. Just because Bill Clinton is loved by about 60% of America doesn't make him popular, given the fact that the rest absolutely hate his guts. So, what I am saying is that to be considered popular, you need to take unpopularity into account. So, hands down, Green Bay becomes America's team if you do that. Also, Green Bay has one long history, unlike Dallas, which is an expansion team. I feel that to be considered "America's team" you need to have been in the league from the get-go. Your team was formed in the 1960's. It is an expansion team. I firmly believe that an expansion team should never, ever, be called "America's team".

I'm glad that the Cowboys being America's Team eats you up so much.

It makes me happy to know that they own you.

Just like they'll own your team soon.

superpunk

Reaction score
redster;1761281 said:

Unfortunately (for you), noone cares what you believe.

The Cowboys ARE America's Team. End of story.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
redster;1761281 said:

Luckily your feelings dont matter

The Cowboys are the most popular team in the league GB isnt even #2

Being Americas team is not about everyone loving us, its about everyone caring

Us being most popular AND unpopular team is EXACTLY why we are Americas team. Its doesnt matter if you love us or hate us YOU DO have an opinion on us. Everyone in America cares about the Cowboys whether its good or bad does not matter

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
redster;1761281 said:
Oh, I get it. Being popular doesn't make someone popular. You have to also meet all sorts of other random criteria that you arbitrarily came up with -- being popular isn't enough. It all makes sense now.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I Bleed B&G;1761092 said:
I dont know how Cowboys fan came up with this America's Team crap. The Commanders are from the Nation's Capitol, and will forever be known to the rest of the real world as America's Team.

Wake up Cowboys fans, the only place you represent is Dallas, Tx.

This has got to be the most rediculous statement a Skin Troll has ever said on this site.

Seriously - why are you here?

Im glad they switched that sig image of yours btw. :lmao2:

I don't think I have ever heard anyone say that the Commanders were America's team.

That jealousy that is spilling out between your lips is COMEDY !!!

:lmao2: :lmao2:

WarC

Reaction score
Money, big slabs of meat, and sexy cheerleaders...Hell yeah!

WarC

Reaction score
redster;1761281 said:
I feel that to be considered "America's team" you need to have been in the league from the get-go. Your team was formed in the 1960's. It is an expansion team. I firmly believe that an expansion team should never, ever, be called "America's team".

Talk about an arbitrary limitation. That is a requirement that maybe you and 5% of people would have.

OK, so to you, the Cowboys aren't America's team. To pretty much most of the mass media and popular opinion, they are.

redster

Reaction score
Only fans of Dallas Cowboys consider Dallas Cowboys to be America's team. Just because you proclaim yourself to be America's team doesn't make yourself America's team. Let's see how popular you become if you're kicked out of the NFC east. You all should feel lucky that NFC East gets more media coverage than anybody else, and it sure ain't because of Cowboys only. We have the New York Media, Philly Media, DC media and Dallas media. All these major media markets hype you up big time. Also, the fact that you've won so many games help you. It still doesn't change the fact that NFC East has some of the biggest media markets out there(Dallas is one huge media market as well).
I, for one, would be so glad if you're kicked out of our division. You don't belong in the NFC east. Then we'll see who's "America's team" once major media markets like NY, DC and Philly stop covering you.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
redster;1761329 said:
I, for one, would be so glad if you're kicked out of our division.

Of course you would ..... you have been our punching bag for decades.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
redster;1761329 said:
Only fans of Dallas Cowboys consider Dallas Cowboys to be America's team. Just because you proclaim yourself to be America's team doesn't make yourself America's team. Let's see how popular you become if you're kicked out of the NFC east. You all should feel lucky that NFC East gets more media coverage than anybody else, and it sure ain't because of Cowboys only. We have the New York Media, Philly Media, DC media and Dallas media. All these major media markets hype you up big time. Also, the fact that you've won so many games help you. It still doesn't change the fact that NFC East has some of the biggest media markets out there(Dallas is one huge media market as well).
I, for one, would be so glad if you're kicked out of our division. You don't belong in the NFC east. Then we'll see who's "America's team" once major media markets like NY, DC and Philly stop covering you.
:huh:

This conversation went in a very strange, almost delusional, direction.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
redster;1761329 said:

If the Boys weren't in the East, our new division would just take the East's place at the top of the chain. Without the Cowboys, your team is irrelevant.

The crazies are coming out of the woodwork today. We must have the Skins on the schedule, and we all know you guys don't get any attention unless you're playing the Boys.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
I Bleed B&G;1761092 said:
I dont know how Cowboys fan came up with this America's Team crap. The Commanders are from the Nation's Capitol, and will forever be known to the rest of the real world as America's Team.

Wake up Cowboys fans, the only place you represent is Dallas, Tx.

You're about as smart as one of Art's farts.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
redster;1761329 said:

WoW, you really are a ******.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Rather effeminate looking cartoon indian, don't you think?

oihHny6E7z9cdp9MsJNOQHdfTJPIK6-L.jpg

speedkilz88

Reaction score
redster;1761329 said:
How dense can you be? NFL FILMS is the one who dubbed the Cowboys "America's Team" in 1978. The title they used for the Cowboy's season highlights, because every city the Cowboys went to play they had a ton of fans rooting for them. How can nfl fans not know this? They replay those shows all the time. Most recently on the nflnetwork they had the Top Ten Best Nicknames and "America's Team" was #1.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
redster;1761250 said:
Cowboys are also the most unpopular team in the league. This is a fact.

I Bleed B&G;1761124 said:
Imagine that, not a single intelligent answer or response.

Yep, Im definitely in the CZ.

http://i151.***BLOCKED***/albums/s147/mvalvan1/deedeedee.jpg

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
redster;1761329 said:
Trophies.jpg

until you get more than these without strike years, SHut iT