Face it, Dallas Cowboys still are America's Team

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
redster;1761601 said:
Commanders won 2 NFC championships before your expansion team joined the league. Of course, I do realize that history doesn't matter to you given that the Dallas Cowboys, aka "America's team", happen to be an expansion team.

Wow ...... quite an accomplishment in a 10 team league. ;)

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1762552 said:
it seems that the Commanders like to play alot of cover-2, and don't really send alot of people on the blitz, like you say, send Romo on a few rollouts, and throw some tosses to teh backs, as well as have TO and Crayton come out of the slot, and Witten doing his normal middle of the field exploitation, and we could cause alot of problems

Yep... I look for us to do a good bit of that.

One last post from ES... I just have to:

There is one guy wanting the Big, Bad Cowboys out of the division now: :laugh2:

1. As the name "NFC East" implies, this division should be for teams in the East Coast. Cowboys ain't in the East Coast. Does anybody here think it makes sense that they're in the NFC East? IMHO, we need to kick Cowboys out and bring Carolina to our division. Cowboys, Bucs, Falcons and Saints in the same division makes a lot of sense.

2. One reason they cite for not realigning our division is historical reasons. One main reason is Commanders-Cowboys rivalry. Guess what, this rivalry has been dead for more than a decade, primarily because Commanders have sucked. Commanders-Cowboys rivalry means nothing these days. Also, the fact is that rivalry can exist even if a team isn't in the division. For example, cowboys-49ers, Colts-Patriots, etc. So, keeping Cowboys in our division is just dumb and pathetic. They need to be kicked out asap.

3. Some of the largest media markets are in the NFC East(Dallas btw is a big media market in its own right). Dallas has been leeching off of NY, DC and Philly markets, and because Dallas has historically been a winning team, it has become way too popular in these regions as well. IMHO, without NFC East media markets, Dallas won't be hyped as much. What is annoying is that, because Cowboys have been historically good, there are too many bandwagon Cowboys fans in DC, NY and Philly. For example, Jay-Z the rapper is from NY, and he is a classic example of a bandwagon fan. How the hell did a rapper born and raised in NY become a Cowboys fan? It's all about NFC east media markets hyping them up. We kick them out, and we won't hear about them much. Here in Northern VA, I see just too many Cowboys fans. Bandwagon Cowboys fans(Cowboys fans in Dallas don't qualify as bandwagon fans because they're from Dallas) are primarily concentrated in DC, NY and Philly. Do they exist in Green Bay? Hell no.

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221574

Oh my.

To their credit, many Commander fans did say no way to Dallas moving out of the East.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
LOL, kick us out of the East, and all of a sudden we lose attention...riiight

yep, skin fans really do get stupid this time of the year, well, stupid-ER

I Bleed B&G

I Can't Stop the Bleeding
Reaction score
Doomsday;1762282 said:
Here is a fact for you! Dallas is 8-1, the Commanders are 5-4.

Another fact, it is funny to think the Foreskins needed overtime to beat the Jets and Dolphins and you really think they have a chance for the best team in the NFC in thier own house.

And you guys needed 3 onsides kicks, rain, and a partridge in a pear tree to beat the Bills. Oh yeah...you guys are so dominant. Hahahahaha!!!

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Since when did it become a rule that you have to vote for the team of the city that you were born in? Why do people keep using this as some example of a bandwagon fan? Are people really this dumb?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
lol, what I find most funny about that chicken-little is he thinks removing the Cowboys somehow increases their chances of winning the East, when they are barely the 3rd best team in it now, and just got beat handily at the end by the last place team, the Eagles